OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's everyone's take on FM5?

+23
Dektra
hillcrest
Goomf
original skin
sempeR
Reaps
Dazza4610
TEEROY 34
Sly Dux
mcrow5
ThousandSumo
surferofthemind
crimson eagle73
mystery
nat3885
fisho1966
Paul
stikman
mad DANNO 29
Sleuth 101
STONDKIWI
XYvSTUvYX
SunCrossed
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What's everyone's take on FM5? Empty What's everyone's take on FM5?

Post by SunCrossed Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:30 pm

Thought I'd start a new thread for what we think after a sleepless night of Xbox one goodness.

I like the new Xbox good looking monster of a thing =)

FM5 is beautiful, but I suck with a control pad so I'm out of the races and sticking with FM4, till a wheel becomes an option. Disappointed that the two wheels for the one do not have clutches and are not launched on release, FM5 clearly is designed for a wheel and none to be found. $400 or $500 for the Thrustmaster seems a bit ridiculous.

Relieved that Fanatec seem to be making one. Disappointed it may not arrive any time soon.

Drivatar is pretty wicked constantly being passed by Tasty, kiwi and Dektra at the moment and that's nice and very annoying.

Rumble triggers are pretty cool.

Final thoughts:
I need a wheel desperately and I wish I could drive well with a gamepad. Very Happy

Last edited by SunCrossed on Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spell check.)
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

What's everyone's take on FM5? Empty Re: What's everyone's take on FM5?

Post by XYvSTUvYX Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:59 pm

It's pretty, pretty good getting use to the game a little bit different than fm4 but in a good way, hardest thing was to get use to the braking kept locking up into the corners
XYvSTUvYX
XYvSTUvYX
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Lovin it, my stigs the man, getting number 1 times all over. But usa gets on soon
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:19 pm

Agree it needs the wheel for me as well, it's still good without and fun on the controller but just used to using a wheel more these days.

Brakes are touchy as, damage is interesting and affective, totally new experience and very shiny in parts. Overall I'm enjoying the game did tweak my controller settings and got rid of the vibration on triggers as it was ok for a bit and then.. but this is subject to my experience so far and looking forward to playing more.

Oh I think they got the V8's right in S class, and not to bad to drive without assists and stock no tuning, just need to earn a cool mill to buy one.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:27 pm

loving it so far...only had a quick go.

braking will take a bit to get used to as mentioned above....but that was never my strong point Cool 

mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:36 pm

Put brake pressure at 60-70% n it's all good

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:40 pm

Hey all long time to see/chat. Hoping that new Xbox will get me back on the horse! Love the new game. Graphically amazing! Tire smoke still rubbish.... Cars look great etc. Just on Xbox one in general (admin feel free to move this) has anyone set up the tv yet? If so what set top box did ya use was it any good? Also any word on when external HDD will be usable? Cheers all. Great to be back!

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:14 am

Can I purchase car packs yet? On the monthly Rivals mode the 1st race you need the LaFerrari pack I go to get it and keeps giving me an error code I have gone to xbox help and you guessed it they are no help.
Paul
Paul
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:15 am

Yep u gotta got them from dashboard not the forza store
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:44 am

Thanks kiwi, done you are more help than xbox support.
Paul
Paul
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:46 am

And I speak english
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by fisho1966 Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:01 pm

Happy with the game so far. Good graphics.l like the controller rumble.
The only issues for me are there is too much glare on some tracks and bumper view seems lower to the ground so your vision is reduced alot when you follow the car I front closely. The Yas layouts are awesome

fisho1966
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:09 pm

Overall enjoying the game, a few letdowns though, other than the one's i've previously mentioned.
Big one being no 'gifting' function
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:00 pm

I agree with fisho there are a few times when I have had to grab my sunnies. I am just sticking with in cab for now will see what it like when I am online with others before I make the switch to bonnet view. Dektra there is a gifting section in the messages part. What is all that about? Maybe it will come.
Paul
Paul
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by nat3885 Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:03 pm

I'm happy now I fixed my controller up and am no longer locking up every time I brake. Really not a fan of using ABS so glad I don't meet to go that option now. Track layouts are amazing

nat3885
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by mystery Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:44 pm

Dektra wrote:Overall enjoying the game, a few letdowns though, other than the one's i've previously mentioned.
Big one being no 'gifting' function
No gifts from Dektra Doh.... are you a giver or taker Smile

FM5 ... Me likey. My first impression is much like FM4 with better graphics and physics. The braking does seem odd compared to FM4 but then realistically when have you ever stood on the brake all the way to the apex and been able to turn in.

Going for a blat around Bathurst yo.... that's a trip.
mystery
mystery
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:19 pm

This is not a hate thread. I'm just curious: Does the lack of tracks bother you guys? I read there was about half those in FM4. Nurb- gonski. Suzuka- gonski.
What about the cars... 200 I guess they are all fantastic, no old ports, but is that enough and then charge for DLC later for the cars that are probably almost ready.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:03 am

It's a pretty looking game.  I like the rumble on the triggers.  Lack of gifting is annoying, and seems like a lot of small community level things have been taken out without any adequate replacements.
Just realised you can control the throttle in autovista mode which is a plus.  Don't know why it's so important that they show the same headlight infographic for the cars though, seems very pointless or just a way to show off that they finally worked out how to turn headlights on.

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:44 am

The game is awesome... but as mentioned above it does have its flaws.

Cars:
200+? Plenty! The cars look so good both on the home screen and on track.
Upgrades haven't changed much but the rear Forza Wing looks more like a tuner shop part than a left over carbon sheet. Same tuning options so easy to work out. Benchmarking is done on the fly as you add parts and at a press of a button you can either tune or hit the tack for a test run.

Tracks:
A little light but the updated and new tracks make you forget what was missed. Just hope that Nur includes both the GP and Nords with the addition of the 24 hour layout... We will see early next year.
The tracks feel better and look so real. And the sounds! Might have to take the 787b around Yas Marina. Hope the speakers can handle it.

Painting:
11,000 layers of high res colourful vinyls. The new special colours are brilliant, carbon, chrome, cammo and even wood grain!
The rims can be painted with any of the in-game colours from white to the special colours. Yes wooden Volks are possible. The stock rims can also be painted so no more swapping the rims on the V8's just so they can be painted.
There will be some glitches with the new models but I am sure the good painted will work around them as usual.
The Storefront system is good... You share for free and get paid when it is raced. As it gets populated with more quality paints the kids that use to be in the T10 Picks due to mates downloading and rating will find it hard to be on top.
The downside is the lack of gifting. Hope T10 can address this soon. While it might stop your unlocked work getting in the wrong hands it does make clubs and leagues struggle to share number boards, etc.

Driving:
Great feel and loving the rumble in the triggers. Still getting use to the controller and the triggers as they have a little less travel then the 360's triggers. All the button swaps are there so mine is set the same as FM3+4.
The driving feels closer to FM2 to me. Which is a good thing. Get a wheel or two off track and find yourself ready to lose it as the grass has no grip compared to the asphalt.

Online:
We ran a race last night but the challenge is with getting in the custom lobby without setting up a party. If not sorted soon this will be annoying.
Once I finally worked out how to set it up it was pretty easy going from there. Be careful locking out cars as not every car is available to Rent. The X-Bow, even if it is the only car you can pick, can not be hired but you can buy one while in the lobby. No lobby tuning but easy to load a setup. Have not found an option to save a lobby setup...

Overall:
Very happy with FM5. The extras seem to make up for what missed the cut. Has kept be going since day one with BF4 still in its plastic wrap. Now I just need to get my painting mojo on and get some new liveries on the cloud.
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:55 pm

How good is the Aerial Atom? My best finish in one is about 12th but they are sooooo fun. If we had a one make series with these I would definatly be in.
Paul
Paul
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:10 pm

sounds like a plan...I'll have to have a go in one.....decided to go race for race through the series.....but we'll see how that pans out

...on a side note....other mates that never raced have gotten FM5 and love it....except for my drivatar kicking their arse in every race....love that feeling Razz 
mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by ThousandSumo Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:35 pm

ffs Dektra - your drivertar is little Very Bad Man! :p

ThousandSumo
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:07 pm

I have realized I should have purchased FM5 as a digital download.

it will always be a game I go to from other games and it's a pain changing disks over and over....might trade it in and do that.
mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:39 pm

whats the online connectivity like? this is the only thing stopping me from getting an xbone and fm5. i got sick of always having issues joining games in fm4.
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Dux Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:18 am

With a strict nat I could still join private lobbies and race but not publics. As soon as I set up open nat no problems with publics except for waiting times between races Smile
Sly Dux
Sly Dux
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next