OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One Announcement

+27
Tastyyx
sempeR
stikman
STONDKIWI
nat3885
mad DANNO 29
Sly Dux
SunCrossed
Dazza4610
OctarineDream
Envy The Best
Reaps
JamieWhincup#1
crimson eagle73
surferofthemind
iWolf
Sleuth 101
Dektra
Goomf
Zabbey21
C RazyStingray
REEBOGUJ
NoRecoil
mystery
NzLRyaNLzN
MadRacer38
LATENT IMAGE
31 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One Announcement - Page 2 Empty Re: Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One Announcement

Post by Envy The Best Wed May 22, 2013 12:59 pm

NzLRyaNLzN wrote:But why is always online bad anyway, look I'm not gonna argue with you, at least im not before the friggin thing comes out

In case you hadn't noticed, a lot of people don't actually get the best net experience in all parts of the world. See i have some level of empathy of others and won't just shout "Well its fine for me, so who cares about your troubles!". Why do i need to be always online to play a singleplayer game? Why do i have to go to the hassle of switching out my ethernet cables to play singleplayer Assassins Creed?

Did NO ONE learn a lesson from the Sim City debacle? Did no one learn from the backlash to Adam Orths derivative comments about those who simply can't have a stable internet connection? Do you not think its a massive Frig problem when you go to play on your console, and you can't because Microsofts servers are down or so full of traffic they can't get to you right now, so all you've got is a gigantic PS3 sized paperweight?

Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One Announcement - Page 2 Empty Re: Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One Announcement

Post by Dazza4610 Wed May 22, 2013 1:10 pm

The new controller looks special...

I like space.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by NzLRyaNLzN Wed May 22, 2013 1:13 pm

But you don't even have real facts, you're going on what someone said when for all we know, it might mean you need to be online when you first get the game and then you can play it offline. I don't get the best net coverage here either. I had to watch on Mobile last night because my internet was out.
NzLRyaNLzN
NzLRyaNLzN
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by NzLRyaNLzN Wed May 22, 2013 1:15 pm

Dazza4610 wrote:The new controller looks special...

I like space.
I like it too, oh wait no, its not rechargeable, we're doomed.
NzLRyaNLzN
NzLRyaNLzN
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed May 22, 2013 1:17 pm

NzLRyaNLzN wrote:

I like space.

It is ok, the one I have now I use so seldom, I need to put new batteries in it each time I pick the dam thing up. I think I saw in EB the other day a "play and charge" thingy, might help. I would assume the new one has that sort of upgrade as well.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by NzLRyaNLzN Wed May 22, 2013 1:23 pm

Dazza4610 wrote:
NzLRyaNLzN wrote:

I like space.

It is ok, the one I have now I use so seldom, I need to put new batteries in it each time I pick the dam thing up. I think I saw in EB the other day a "play and charge" thingy, might help. I would assume the new one has that sort of upgrade as well.
I was being sarcastic about a comment before. Everyone is getting so wrapped up on things that is just pure speculation
NzLRyaNLzN
NzLRyaNLzN
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Wed May 22, 2013 1:32 pm

NzLRyaNLzN wrote:But you don't even have real facts, you're going on what someone said when for all we know, it might mean you need to be online when you first get the game and then you can play it offline. I don't get the best net coverage here either. I had to watch on Mobile last night because my internet was out.

You are aware that "someone" happens to be Microsoft Studios corporate VP Phil Harrison, right?

NzLRyaNLzN wrote:
I was being sarcastic about a comment before. Everyone is getting so wrapped up on things that is just pure speculation

This isn't pure speculation. Thats what people were doing before the event. And yes, its an issue, because they're going to sell these play and charge kits at what, $39.99 a pop. Thats 40 bucks for a rechargeable battery, on top of the controllers initial RRP which is the same or higher than the equivalent Dualshock 3.

Perhaps some people would prefer not to waste money on stuff that can absolutely be included in the initial product?
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NzLRyaNLzN Wed May 22, 2013 1:43 pm

I'm done
NzLRyaNLzN
NzLRyaNLzN
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Wed May 22, 2013 2:27 pm

Awsome vid to watch, guess first impressions do count, sadly I feel a bit like the vid below, but am skeptical and hold hope that its not as bad as the reveal told and there is more to come. He is right tho with being able to do alot of that on the phone, and looks like an all in one home entertainment center at this stage with the ability to play games, all I wanted was new generation dedicated gaming console for a gamer, or for the kids or just to be in another room to be away from everyone else and have gaming time, but this is looking like center of attention in the lounge room.

Still lets see what E3 holds.

Envy The Best wrote:
edit: Sums up everything

Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NzLRyaNLzN Wed May 22, 2013 3:01 pm

Because thats what they're doing, they want to take over the living room, not necessarily a bad thing is it?
NzLRyaNLzN
NzLRyaNLzN
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed May 22, 2013 3:02 pm

I think I need 2. One to replace my Windows media centre, and one for my man cave.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Wed May 22, 2013 3:04 pm

NzLRyaNLzN wrote:Because thats what they're doing, they want to take over the living room, not necessarily a bad thing is it?

Because the PS3 did SUCH a great job at doing just that, right?
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed May 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Pssst, Reapr, we have both replied in this thread and I predict it being locked, but not due to us... Woo hoo!

rockband

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by NzLRyaNLzN Wed May 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Well if Envy stopped taking this like a bloody debate it wouldn't need to. I'm not making anymore replies in this thread
NzLRyaNLzN
NzLRyaNLzN
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Wed May 22, 2013 3:21 pm

NzLRyaNLzN wrote:Well if Envy stopped taking this like a bloody debate it wouldn't need to. I'm not making anymore replies in this thread

This is a debate, the topic being the next Xbox. YOU asked the question why people aren't as enthralled as others are, and I answered with evidence along with my own opinion. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its not valid, and i am within my rights to post such content as i am not actually singling anyone out or calling anyone names.

This is called a discussion, i just happen to have more material to work with rather than just "wait for E3".
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NzLRyaNLzN Wed May 22, 2013 3:32 pm

Envy The Best wrote:
NzLRyaNLzN wrote:Well if Envy stopped taking this like a bloody debate it wouldn't need to. I'm not making anymore replies in this thread

This is a debate, the topic being the next Xbox. YOU asked the question why people aren't as enthralled as others are, and I answered with evidence along with my own opinion. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its not valid, and i am within my rights to post such content as i am not actually singling anyone out or calling anyone names.

This is called a discussion, i just happen to have more material to work with rather than just "wait for E3".
Fair enough but you can't just make your mind up from 1 hours footage of it, and your opinion isn't fact as many people will "wait for E3" as you rudely put it, and see that games will be still very much at the front of Microsoft's mind, fees for playing old games is BS. I asked why people weren't happy and half the stuff you told me isn't actually fact.
NzLRyaNLzN
NzLRyaNLzN
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by NzLRyaNLzN Wed May 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Final assessment of reveal, like new innovations, controller looks 'neat', like the ability to hook up your cable box to it, and most importantly, FORZA 5!
NzLRyaNLzN
NzLRyaNLzN
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Wed May 22, 2013 3:48 pm

NzLRyaNLzN wrote:
Fair enough but you can't just make your mind up from 1 hours footage of it, and your opinion isn't fact as many people will "wait for E3" as you rudely put it, and see that games will be still very much at the front of Microsoft's mind, fees for playing old games is BS. I asked why people weren't happy and half the stuff you told me isn't actually fact.

Actually, yes it is fact indeed, and if you want to talk about being "rude" i don't care for that accusation that i'm making it all up. I've already posted about always online, here is more.

Xbox One won't function without Kinect (these are links btw)
"Kinect does require to be connected to Xbox One in all cases, yes," marketing director Harvey Eagle told IGN.

500GB hard drive can't be replaced

Engadget spoke with Albert Penello, senior director of product planning at Microsoft, where he confirmed that the 500GB hard drives included with Xbox One console won't be replaceable, and are "non-user-serviceable."

Here is what the Xbox One Dashboard Looks Like

Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One Announcement - Page 2 254204-h1

Notice how far down the list games are? How its only given ONE box at the home screen whilst the rest is filled with advertising?

And indeed i can make up my mind, when you come out swinging with such harsh DRM measures that totally rob a console of its flexibility to be a social game machine, you send a very clear anti-consumer message.

In terms of always online, not even US owners could ALL use this machine, 113 million people in the US alone, Microsofts biggest install base, still don't have the necessary broadband requirements for a console that requires a net connection to authenticate the console and to authenticate purchases. Out of the 77.2 million xbox units sold worldwide, only 46 million of them regularly use XBL services. Adam Orth was fired for this twitter outburst;

Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One Announcement - Page 2 0acd7e17ea9db4d4c39b5280ef7d4e14d7181709.jpg__600x400_q85_crop_upscale

There are serious implications that come from even remotely requiring a internet access.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NzLRyaNLzN Wed May 22, 2013 4:11 pm

Why do I bother sometimes.
NzLRyaNLzN
NzLRyaNLzN
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by NzLRyaNLzN Wed May 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Good talk guys. It's a shame no one sees the good in anything anymore
NzLRyaNLzN
NzLRyaNLzN
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Wed May 22, 2013 4:28 pm

NzLRyaNLzN wrote:Good talk guys. It's a shame no one sees the good in anything anymore

Not taking sides here, but what good points are there?

Yeah the graphics are good, but all the new gen consoles have stunning graphics = not a win over PS4

Exclusive Titles, apparently 15 exclusive titles... 15 games... that's an infinitesimal number compared to total games manufacture. many top titles will be multi platform, thus being on PC and/or PS4b = Not a win in general

More ergonomic controllers with flashy new buttons. aftermarket controllers already offer this, and anyone's hands that are too large to use the current controllers are likely to be 0.00001% of the population. (anyone on here in this category?)

feel free to offer up some good things... I'm struggling to see them.
Dektra
Dektra
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Wed May 22, 2013 4:47 pm

For a laugh

Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Wed May 22, 2013 4:51 pm

Early days still...

Loving the new look. The simple design looks a lot better than some of the fancy shaped designs other consoles have gone in the past. Will blend in nicely with all the other electronic stuff under the TV.

Forza 5. Looking quite nice so far. Another special track by the looks of it. FM3 and FM4 both had shiny new tracks to show off the new engine and the new lighting so with what was shown on the vid we should see an impressive game.

Internet, cloud, always on, what ever... It is the way of the future but I hope they make all the online features work on good ol' ADSL speeds (like 512k). I tried to watch to videos streamed on the 360 and almost threw my control though the screen as it had to pause and load every 10 to 20 seconds. I am running at 4MB but it felt more like dial up... I do hope that the network setup is similar to what the 360 has as I like having my movies and music on my computer streamed to the 360.

All up I am pretty excited but not rushing down to EB just yet. Will wait for more confirmed news and games then work out how the hell I am going to pay for it.

rambo Lets keep the discussion civil guys. Great to see plenty of info posted up so far.
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NzLRyaNLzN Wed May 22, 2013 4:59 pm

Dektra wrote:
NzLRyaNLzN wrote:Good talk guys. It's a shame no one sees the good in anything anymore

Not taking sides here, but what good points are there?

Yeah the graphics are good, but all the new gen consoles have stunning graphics = not a win over PS4

Exclusive Titles, apparently 15 exclusive titles... 15 games... that's an infinitesimal number compared to total games manufacture. many top titles will be multi platform, thus being on PC and/or PS4b = Not a win in general

More ergonomic controllers with flashy new buttons. aftermarket controllers already offer this, and anyone's hands that are too large to use the current controllers are likely to be 0.00001% of the population. (anyone on here in this category?)

feel free to offer up some good things... I'm struggling to see them.
Like I said before, this was simply the reveal, not the whole showcase of everything it will have/do, trust me, E3 will be amazing
NzLRyaNLzN
NzLRyaNLzN
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Wed May 22, 2013 5:02 pm

Ok, but you have to post a video of you with a shoe on your head if it in fact is a massive fail in terms of consol usability.
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

So funny Envy. TV TV TV TV TV lol I have two of em at home, each with their own controller controller controller controller. Hey, they even show Sport sport sport sport when I want them to.

The thing that most impressed me was the kinect version 2. Seems really reponsive it can detect your heartbeat. That's pretty neat if they can make good games for it.

But I also share Envy's thoughts. If I pay for the game, my mates should be able to check it out on their own consoles before they buy. The new console should be backwards compatible seeing I still want to play my old library I spent lots of dollars on.

There is also something else no one has considered: The failure rate of the first xbox on launch was so high it wasn't funny. Red Rings. How do we know it's not going to happen again with a 20-30% fail rate? I reckon I will wait at least a year before I even consider it. If that means I miss guys here by still using forza 4, well, so be it

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Wed May 22, 2013 5:05 pm

Also. It is widely regarded as the norm to show off some amazing things on your console that will lure people into wanting the damn thing. This however is the gaming equivalent of going to buy a brand new house and only being shown the toilet to get you interested... Not a sound business strategy in my opinion...
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next