OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Looking for a Tuning Buddy or Tuning Buddies!

2 posters

Go down

I'm Looking for a Tuning Buddy or Tuning Buddies! Empty I'm Looking for a Tuning Buddy or Tuning Buddies!

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for a tuning buddy!

Is there anyone out there who enjoys tuning?

While I was in the UK I got really into tuning and it’s something that I have a passion for.
I’m not the best by any stretch of the imagination but I’ve dedicated a huge amount of time to research and I’m looking for one or two other people that I can bounce ideas of and someone that can then test the tunes and feedback.

It’ll always end up in racing whatever cars we’re working on (because that’s why we play at the end of the day) but I wondered about making an attempt to start making some credits or possible even selling some later down the line?

I love R3, R2 and R1 racing on Forza and I love trying to beat times which is why I fell in love with tuning because it was so rewarding working on a car for so long that you could really feel the benefits and then actually see your lap times getting faster.

It’s only really a casual thing – I’m not looking for anyone to give up loads of time.. just a couple of people that if they are online will join forces and work on some tunes for an hour or so and then get some racing done.

Is anyone interested?

I would love to work on some of the GT cars like the Ferrari 458, The Ford GT, the Audi R8LMS in R3 Class, the Aston DBR9 and Corvette C6R in R2 and then anything in R1 (Audi / Toyota etc.)

Cheers All

Rico

Back to top Go down

I'm Looking for a Tuning Buddy or Tuning Buddies! Empty Re: I'm Looking for a Tuning Buddy or Tuning Buddies!

Post by Reaps Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi Rico. Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like fun, although I think you will find most people on here tune for themselves already (not all, but alot), & as we have found in the past what works for one person doesn't always work for another, so it really becomes an individual thing as to how you want your car setup & what you like in your tunes/builds. It is always good to have someone to compare laps with & bounce ideas off though Smile Personally I haven't spent a massive amount of time building cars above r3 class, but there are quite a few people on here that have/do & would be keen to race these type of cars more than we do.

Regarding selling tunes, a few of us even have some top 50 or better cars for some classes, some people probably make good money off their storefront selling them but personally I prefer to keep my work to myself most of the time. Here's the main reason why...... If I like a particular car build that I see someone selling on their S/F I generally just buy the setup, fit it to a new car, remove it by pressing "x" & then re fit all the parts used to the new car & tune it the way I like it to be anyway Very Happy its the easy way to get someone's build & then tune it the way you like it, & another reason why I don't like to put my best work up on my storefront personally, as its too easy for others to copy your exact build. That's just me though, I know others really enjoy sharing their work but I like to keep mine secret squirrel most of the time hahaha Smile

But we are always tuning new cars, at the moment we are looking at builds for NoRecoil's new historic cars + over the weekend people will most likely be tuning their GT championship cars for next Tuesday nights race (& basically having races in the build up to see how their cars compare against each other). Also people will be tuning their cars for drifterSTU's "4 door Challenge" on Monday night (A600, check his S/F for base builds). I reckon IAMCLARKSON will probably be running another LeMans style event soon involving R2,R2 & R3 multi class racing so make sure you check that out when it is announced too Smile

But in the meantime, welcome to the party & hope to see you on track soon. Oh & I almost forgot , if you are keen to just jump in for some fun racing there is always the Friday night Porsche GT3 (stock tune) cup that you can sign up for on a week to week basis too, its awesome fun & gives you a chance to have some close even racing & to see how you stack up against others in the same car. Toast
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

I'm Looking for a Tuning Buddy or Tuning Buddies! Empty Re: I'm Looking for a Tuning Buddy or Tuning Buddies!

Post by NoRecoil Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:48 pm

Added yo the other day mate, if you see me online just jump in the party. Were usually doing something, if you have any questions ask away
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down