OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuning help!!!!

5 posters

Go down

Tuning help!!!! Empty Tuning help!!!!

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:54 pm

hey

im new to this forum but just wanna know if anyone can help me learn how to tune cars and stuff. Forza 4 is my first forza game but im very eager to learn all the tips and tricks there are, if anyone can help me add me on xbl gt: weeozzie

or pm me Smile

thanks

Back to top Go down

Tuning help!!!! Empty Re: Tuning help!!!!

Post by NoRecoil Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:19 pm

hey mate, i can see what i can do, the friends list is a bit tight atm but ill try and get you on there
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:15 pm

hiya mate, hope oyu have lots of time on your hands ahaha, theres a fair learning curve there bud.
The alternate is just to get our good tuners to tune em up for ya!, thats what i normally do.
take some time, get involved on a few forum threads an get your name out there and very soon people will be willing to help ya no end.

Recoils got ay sorted for now so your going the right way now
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:19 pm

THink with F4 there's alot of good setups you can use on a particular car now but the trick is getting it right to suit the way you drive. Only you can do that

The build of the car is probably one of the hardest things to get right as well.. I've been favouring setups with more downforce in this game compared to F3.. Just try and get as balanced as possible & you'll be headed in the right direction

Last edited by stikman on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : im lesdixic)

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:08 am

stikman wrote:Reason for editing : im lesdixic

Razz ....that's what she said

roller

Last edited by mad DANNO 29 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to many beers :) counldn't resist)
mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:13 am

Let you in on a little secret ...

I have an app on my iPhone, that gets a pretty good base setup happening. Then I just adjust to suit a few things I like, and the track it is used for. Now I am well know as being slow too... so keep that in mind.

The App is called ForzaTune.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:12 am

No Forza4 Version of that App for my Windows Phone yet Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:06 am

hey mate, I'd be happy to help with your tunes.. as others have said, it is a bit of a learning curve and you can only get better by continuously working at it.. I remember losing whole days to trying to squeeze everything I could out of a A-Class Murcielago back in FM3, partly because I wasn't prepared to jump on the Audi S5 bandwagon that was pretty much dominating most A-Class leaderboards at the time, and partly I found it rewarding to understand more as I went along..

I try to make a point of not trying to change too much with the car at once when changing settings as its easy to get lost in what change had what effect.. make small changes, test, rinse, repeat.. I find that helps a lot but there's a lot of settings to go through so can be VERY time consuming..

Also, choosing the right upgrades is half the battle as well.. personally I like to go straight to driveline and handling upgrades first, power is important for sure and it's something you can't overlook but the corners are where time is made or lost and having the ability to adapt is priceless..

My setups generally start with race: transmission, suspension, brakes; front and rear anti-roll bars; 2-way diff and tyre upgrade, I am also a fan of flywheel upgrades as well for sharp engine response, though it all depends on what car your trying to fit into what class..

This is how I usually approach it, but everyone is different.. Hope that helps..

By the way, what car are you currently trying to tune, and for what class?..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down