OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Controller - Dead zone setup for circuit racing

5 posters

Go down

Controller - Dead zone setup for circuit racing Empty Controller - Dead zone setup for circuit racing

Post by Gun Fir3 Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:40 pm

Hey guys,

I remember having a conversation with Demon the other night about setting up dead zones on the controller to help with running No TCS, ABS and sim steering. I can run with everything turned off, but still can't master No TCS, I struggle with putting the power to the ground (it can't be me it must be my tools!!! Very Happy) and TCS is slowing me down, I want it gone!

Does anyone know a rough controller dead zone configuration setup to start from?
I've searched the web but can't find anything to go from.

Let me know.

Cheers,
Gun
Gun Fir3
Gun Fir3
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Controller - Dead zone setup for circuit racing Empty Re: Controller - Dead zone setup for circuit racing

Post by Paul Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:16 pm

Mate, I used to use TCS in the V8s in Forza 3 but didn't use it in the last series and its all in the finger. Practice and more practice thats all I did.
Paul
Paul
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Controller - Dead zone setup for circuit racing Empty Re: Controller - Dead zone setup for circuit racing

Post by stikman Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Find the G-spot Luke!

I haven't messed with the settings at all.. I think some ppl might have changed the turning sensitivity or taken 5-10 out of the inside & outside accell/ deccell deadzones, but that's not gonna change things getting grip out of corners..

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gun Fir3 Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Yeah fair enough, I just found that as soon as I even slightly (I mean slightly) touched the Accellerator it would send the car side ways... More practice it is then... just looking for a little more help to master the accellerator without TCS, that's all.
Gun Fir3
Gun Fir3
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Try a different controller
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Dux Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Sleuth 101 wrote:Try a different controller

Or a different gear?. I usually run a gear higher than i think i need if i cant get a car too hook up properly.
Sly Dux
Sly Dux
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gun Fir3 Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:58 pm

Sly Dux wrote:
I usually run a gear higher than i think i need if i cant get a car too hook up properly.

Mean while, the guys who mastered No TCS have just left you behind from lack of corner speed :p
Gun Fir3
Gun Fir3
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:48 pm

Hmm you confuse me, as not sure what it is you want help with.

As for the controller suggestion, it has been a problem for others before, with the progresive trigger on a controller not working correctly, ie its either on or off with no middle in between, fair call i thought considering your description of the problem was "I just found that as soon as I even slightly (I mean slightly) touched the Accellerator it would send the car side ways".

A higher gear is also another way that can reduce your excessive wheelspin as been suggested in above post, but problem is with this is if the car is to powerful it can increase wheelspin with engine torque/power vs actual grip levels of car being used.

If your deadzones are stock, not touched tampered played with, then your on par with everyone else thats using no TCS, if your controller is functioning correctly then the problem is either the cars your trying to use are to powerful for you/incorrect tuning, and or its your trigger finger pressure is to much and you need to refine and practice this. That is all.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:08 pm

Yeah i can only play forza with one of really f'n old xbox controllers (white one from 60gb days), the new black ones are shit for forza... I'd be f'd if it broke lol. It's either on or off really hard to brake, would have to retune all my cars if it died..

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Dux Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:51 pm

Gun Fir3 wrote:
Sly Dux wrote:
I usually run a gear higher than i think i need if i cant get a car too hook up properly.

Mean while, the guys who mastered No TCS have just left you behind from lack of corner speed :p

Ha ha I do alright mate......... Very Happy
Sly Dux
Sly Dux
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gun Fir3 Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:41 pm

lol @ Sly Very Happy

Thanks fellas, so really, it is a matter of continued practice and force of habbit. I've changed my accell so it isn't so touchy, this is all that I wanted to do really.

The rest is up to practice.
Gun Fir3
Gun Fir3
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down