OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally played some online races....bad experience.

+2
xI noonga Ix
JamieWhincup#1
6 posters

Go down

Finally played some online races....bad experience. Empty Finally played some online races....bad experience.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:35 pm

Hey,

After a good week of racing offline and even doing a couple rival races, I thought I was game enough to go online and have a race or two. Grabbed my R3 V8 Commodore 800PI and joined a race of R3 cars. Full 16 players, 3 races and I came dead last 3 times. It wasn't because I suck at driving, when I got the chance to drive I was generally doing good times and would be near the front of the pack, it was because 15 other people decided that it's destruction derby out there and every time I would try to pass another car he would decide to fly across the tarmac and smash me off the track. I would recover and perhaps pass another couple of cars before I would be slowing down for a corner before they rear ended me full speed, I would fly into a wall whilst he rolled a few times before resetting on the track and driving off. Did I just have a really bad match I joined or is this the normal Forza 4 experience? First 2-3 corners were a joke, cars scattered all over the track spinning out and I would be swearving trying to avoid the unavoidable.

Back to top Go down

Finally played some online races....bad experience. Empty Re: Finally played some online races....bad experience.

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:43 pm

That's why there called pub scrubs Razz
And that's why I never race public lobbies by myself, I always make sure I take backup lol!
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Finally played some online races....bad experience. Empty Re: Finally played some online races....bad experience.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:51 pm

haha yeah Ive calmed down a little now, It was rather annoying when I was coming 16th and 15th was driving slow so I tried to overtake just for him to fly across and take me out again....

I think ill stick to OZFM races perhaps

Back to top Go down

Post by xI noonga Ix Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:42 pm

I've managed to avoid that a bit. I haven't gotten many games like that, but you do get the occasional idiot that can't accept that you legally passed him. When I race I try to overtake legitimately. If i knock someone, I just let them back through. When you get good games, there is usually a big crash at the start, but you get used to just driving through it Razz Once the field spreads out, particularly in R3 I've found it really is quite competitive Smile

xI noonga Ix
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:20 pm

this is reason why OZFM exists my friends, yes thats the normal public lobby experience.

TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:46 pm

Pubbers...i was surprised that they existed on the consoles too
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by xI noonga Ix Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:47 pm

There's not much racing etiquette online. You get the occasional driver that drives properly and thats it lol

xI noonga Ix
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:05 am

Public lobbies... Everyone uses the most overpowered car they can find, cut as many corners as possible, and smash you, and maybe a few others off the track in the first couple of corners. I would say that is my typical experience. Though I have had a few decent races.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:55 am

yeah I won't be using public lobbies no more!

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:38 pm

every time i sign in i have about 30 OZFMers online normally theres enough guys to get some great racing, so throw out a pile of FR's to the guys you see active on here and you should be fine when looking for some clean racing ...except for Dazza, hes kinda like a bulldozer, hahaha kidding
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:01 pm

yep sweet as Ill do that later on today

Back to top Go down

Post by xI noonga Ix Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Just played a pub match, I took this guy on Maple Valley, the idiot couldn't get past, so he tried late braking, but it was way too late so instead of going off he takes me out too. It happened 3 times in the race so we were so far behind the leaders I took him out with 3 seconds left and managed to spin my car just in front to beat him Razz He voted to have me kicked -.-

xI noonga Ix
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:40 pm

Teeroy - I tried to add you but it says your friend list is full! haha I didn't even know you can fill out ya friends list.

anyhow, I was dumb and did some more public races, same crap happened really, last race was funny cos the a--hole tried to spin me out right at end and ended up taking both of us out....had 15 seconds left and he was facing towards finish whilst I was backwards so I flicked it into reverse and flew off with him chasing...just managed to beat him.

I have only ever had 1 race so far that I haven't been taken out and it's the only race ive won. I should just wait for a OZFM race

Back to top Go down

Post by xI noonga Ix Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:06 pm

Yeah I can't wait to get into some OZFM races. Sick of the online crap.

xI noonga Ix
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Yes most public races turn into a man sandwich festival. I just take off reeeeeeeeally slow and wait for the inevitable mayhem of turn 1 and usually get a 2nd or 3rd place just by keeping clear of the debacle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Ghostryuu wrote:Yes most public races turn into a man sandwich festival. I just take off reeeeeeeeally slow and wait for the inevitable mayhem of turn 1 and usually get a 2nd or 3rd place just by keeping clear of the debacle.

Thats the smart way to go!! works for F12011 as well and probably all racing games. Forza 4 car clubs sound like a great way to avoid smash up derby

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:45 pm

reedy65 wrote:
Ghostryuu wrote:Yes most public races turn into a man sandwich festival. I just take off reeeeeeeeally slow and wait for the inevitable mayhem of turn 1 and usually get a 2nd or 3rd place just by keeping clear of the debacle.

Thats the smart way to go!! works for F12011 as well and probably all racing games. Forza 4 car clubs sound like a great way to avoid smash up derby

Understand that sometimes you want to race and no-one else is around, so you put up with a public lobby. But OZFM is the way to go fellas. A little bit of organising and you can create your own race nights on forum. You should be able to get enough starters to make a race of it. Then just get together online at the appointed hour.
Not hard to do, its what we're here for. Smile
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:16 pm

yeah Im glad im part of a club now to enjoy online racing properly

Back to top Go down

Post by wylie27 Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:36 am

The Datsun wrote:Public lobbies... Everyone uses the most overpowered car they can find, cut as many corners as possible, and smash you, and maybe a few others off the track in the first couple of corners. I would say that is my typical experience. Though I have had a few decent races.

Yeah have been a couple of new OZFM'ers that are driving like that at the moment...

wylie27
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down