OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Tracks in Forza 4

+21
mcrow5
fast_baba
Rinkly
Mike0707
ted
original skin
mad DANNO 29
Envy The Best
RU four 86
xPPRTxPACMANx
Don Stylz
Dazza4610
The Double D
FrankTank
TEEROY 34
iWolf
JamieWhincup#1
surferofthemind
gud 0l stoner
ausfez
crimson eagle73
25 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

New Tracks in Forza 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tracks in Forza 4

Post by original skin Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:33 pm

Surely enough data has been collected on most real world tracks already. Why reinvent the wheel every time a new game is developed. You could collect all that data yourself and just sell it to racing game developers.

original skin
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by ted Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:07 am

Hockenheim...goody. Very Happy was only dissapointed to hear about the Top Gear track as one of the 5. if they said '5 tracks AND Top Gear's track' i'd be happy. it doesn't count as one to me. played it on GT and it's as boring as bat's you know what...

ted
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:26 pm

I'm surprised the tracks don't do this work themselves and offer it up to developers for free. Surely it would be good for business?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike0707 Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:35 pm

mad DANNO 29 wrote:I wish turn 10 would just give me the GPS backpack thingy....I'd walk all over the Aussie tracks for them and then help with it's creation.....might save them some bucks Very Happy

could make it DLC for us

That is brilliant Danno, I would do the exact same thing...FOR FREE!! If it meant getting Bathurst in.
Mike0707
Mike0707
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:55 pm

I wouldn't do it for free......they would have to supply the beer...could be costly actually drunken
mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinkly Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:03 am

while your getting them in DANNO
illhaf a gim an tomic hubba
Rinkly
Rinkly
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Stylz Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:51 am

hahaha after a few beers or gin's, i think bathurst would end up looking more like fijumi .. you would be swayin all over the shop lol bottomsup
Don Stylz
Don Stylz
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by xPPRTxPACMANx Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:24 am

[quote="Mike0707"]
mad DANNO 29 wrote:I wish turn 10 would just give me the GPS backpack thingy....I'd walk all over the Aussie tracks for them and then help with it's creation.....might save them some bucks Very Happy

could make it DLC for us

I feel sorry for the bloke who had to walk around Nurburgring. lol
xPPRTxPACMANx
xPPRTxPACMANx
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by fast_baba Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:24 am

Why didn't they include the old Hockenheim GP track? The one with all the ridiculously long straights. Still, I'm looking forward to having a go on all the new tracks.
fast_baba
fast_baba
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:25 am

Maple Valley is back! Revealed in the latest
Week in Review

New Tracks in Forza 4 - Page 2 Maple_10

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:12 am

FU$^ YEAH!!!!!
mcrow5
mcrow5
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:09 pm

nice bridge....very dark in there

......I think I might just have to paint a road livery and park in there Razz
mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:31 pm

Yay Maple!

Danno - you sick twisted ba$tard! Smile

Chris
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:07 pm

Not surprised, it's definitely one of the best fictitious tracks around.
I also like Sunset Peninsula but won't shed any tears if it doesn't come back.

Back to top Go down

Post by ausfez Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:32 am

*facepalm.... damn they spent all that time re-doing maple valley. ffs give us something decent, sick of these fake tracks and their "amazing" views, i don't pull over in the middle of a race and go WOAH the view from this spot is quite impressive turn 10, well done!...we want good real world tracks! Spa, Old Hockenheim, Imola, an aussie track (Bathurst, Adelaide or phillip island), Bonneville salt flats or Daytona (plus infield)... but they will only have the same RL tracks as Fm3 with the addition of Hockenheim (not even the good version we all grew up with!).
ausfez
ausfez
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by ted Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:13 pm

i wished for old Hockenheim too but unfortunately the rest of it is now forest. the old part is literally not there anymore. i doubt they would want to go to the trouble of all the guess work if they can't get their GPS do-hicky around it.
personally i don't want to see any tracks deleted, i think each one has it's own thing and enjoy every one of them.
as i've mentioned elsewhere i'm just disappointed they are slating Top Gear's as a 'track'. it's an airfield with a smattering of cones (yawn). was boring in GT and don't see why it'd be any different in Forza.
i AM hoping for a DLC which contains the remainder of tracks from Forza 1
and a few less known tracks from each country around the world involved in major motorsport.
here's hoping Turn 10 sticks to their recent claims of masses of DLC for Forza 4. i'd prefer more tracks than more cars...
ted
ted
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by ausfez Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:53 pm

i know it's not there now but they could use old footage from races around old Hockenheim, gps walk though the forrest, photo's, google maps even to recreate the track. i mean if it's not 100% picture accurate i dont think people will mind too much and would appreciate having it back in racing simulators... After all they made the Burmese alps out of thousands photos, surely they could do the same for a decent real world track!

New Tracks in Forza 4 - Page 2 Screen11
New Tracks in Forza 4 - Page 2 Screen12
The old track is still there. they just need to stop being lazy and walk that motherf**kr. im sure many of the forza fans would be happy to volunteer to walk it for them with the GPS thingo.
ausfez
ausfez
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by ted Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:39 am

e.fez wrote:i dont think people will mind too much and would appreciate having it back in racing simulators... After all they made the Burmese alps out of thousands photos, surely they could do the same for a decent real world track!

that's true. and i would love to see the original track in there. it's in my top 5 favourite tracks (on FM.net everyone was asking for it too) but i just don't feel Turn 10 will make that kind of effort. as much as i'm looking forward to FM4 i can't help feeling i'm gonna be a little disappointed with it in a few areas. i hope i am wrong.
ted
ted
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike0707 Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:15 am

Oh I mean yeah it would be cool but who cares its such an old track, the new hockenheim isn't enough anyway. You have the current hockenheim that is still being raced on today and thats even been around for quite a while. I just don't see why you'd rather turn 10 recreate this (which isn't even a driveable race track and put it in the game.

Wouldn't you rather them put another real world track in there? other than putting in an old dead circuit for the sake of it.
Mike0707
Mike0707
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike0707 Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:22 am

e.fez wrote:*facepalm.... damn they spent all that time re-doing maple valley. ffs give us something decent, sick of these fake tracks and their "amazing" views, i don't pull over in the middle of a race and go WOAH the view from this spot is quite impressive turn 10, well done!...we want good real world tracks! Spa, Old Hockenheim, Imola, an aussie track (Bathurst, Adelaide or phillip island), Bonneville salt flats or Daytona (plus infield)... but they will only have the same RL tracks as Fm3 with the addition of Hockenheim (not even the good version we all grew up with!).

And Ari, I wouldn't go so far as to say that they re-did maple valley, it's an abosolute fan favourite of the series, are you really outraged that they're bringing back such a staple track of the franchise.

Don't worry there will be more (new) real world tracks to be announced I think, just sadly won't be any in Australia Sad
Mike0707
Mike0707
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ted Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:59 am

Mike0707 wrote:I just don't see why you'd rather turn 10 recreate this (which isn't even a driveable race track and put it in the game.

Wouldn't you rather them put another real world track in there? other than putting in an old dead circuit for the sake of it.

because i remember it's heydays. don't get me wrong, the current track is good, but the old track was simply epic. a mini LeMans if you will. as an LMP fan it would make a world of difference to me. i'm sure it's not a big ask to tack the old section on so we can have both tracks.

and to a lot Forza fans it would indicate Turn 10 are listening, because the OLD Hockenheim was one of the most asked for in FM.net's track request thread, not the newer track...
ted
ted
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike0707 Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:11 pm

ted wrote:
Mike0707 wrote:I just don't see why you'd rather turn 10 recreate this (which isn't even a driveable race track and put it in the game.

because i remember it's heydays. don't get me wrong, the current track is good, but the old track was simply epic. a mini LeMans if you will. as an LMP fan it would make a world of difference to me. i'm sure it's not a big ask to tack the old section on so we can have both tracks.

and to a lot Forza fans it would indicate Turn 10 are listening, because the OLD Hockenheim was one of the most asked for in FM.net's track request thread, not the newer track...

Mmm I see, I didn't know it was such a demanded track from the forum community. I just saw alot of bathurst and spa. But yeah, it would be cool to see as I heard it is such a fast track.
Mike0707
Mike0707
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by original skin Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:12 pm

The Legends DLC for NFS Shift 2 had some truly awesome historical tracks.

original skin
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:46 pm

original skin wrote:The Legends DLC for NFS Shift 2 had some truly awesome historical tracks.
Agreed, Shift 2 has some awesome real world tracks Very Happy
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by ausfez Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:59 pm

Mike0707 wrote:
And Ari, I wouldn't go so far as to say that they re-did maple valley, it's an abosolute fan favourite of the series, are you really outraged that they're bringing back such a staple track of the franchise.

I would rather stick forks in my eyes than voluntarily race around that track.
ausfez
ausfez
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:06 pm

Maple ain't that bad, its one of the only fictional tracks that doesn't bring about a sigh of disdain. They just need to be more imaginative, Camino was terrible, and don't get me started on the awesome GT fictional tracks...

And on the subject of the Hockenheim, i KNEW the version i played in Grand Prix 3 was by far longer and more fun.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike0707 Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:10 pm

Haha Do you really hate it that much fez? Mmm fair enough. I love maple valley its always been a favourite of mine. Also I was impressed with camino so I like everything theyve been doing trackwise. Sebring can piss off and so can sidewinder, dont need them.
Mike0707
Mike0707
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next