OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Forza 4 head tracking feature on Major Nelson

+9
original skin
iWolf
Dazza4610
OctarineDream
gud 0l stoner
RU four 86
mad DANNO 29
Don Stylz
crimson eagle73
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Forza 4 head tracking feature on Major Nelson Empty New Forza 4 head tracking feature on Major Nelson

Post by crimson eagle73 Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:17 pm

And check out the wheel. Could be a new MS wheel for forza 4. (doubt it'll be as good as our GT2's though) Head tracking looks like it's going to be da bomb.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

New Forza 4 head tracking feature on Major Nelson Empty Re: New Forza 4 head tracking feature on Major Nelson

Post by Don Stylz Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:32 pm

bbahahahaha love the stability when the guy hit the brakes... but the head tracking looks awesome..
Don Stylz
Don Stylz
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

New Forza 4 head tracking feature on Major Nelson Empty Re: New Forza 4 head tracking feature on Major Nelson

Post by mad DANNO 29 Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:40 pm

crimson eagle73 wrote:And check out the wheel. Could be a new MS wheel for forza 4.

what's different on the wheel?

....looks like the one I have sitting in a box that I never use
mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:41 pm

crimson eagle73 wrote:And check out the wheel.

What new wheel!

It looks like the old piece of s#+€, with the right battery side cover off.

RU
RU four 86
RU four 86
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by gud 0l stoner Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:54 pm

downfall of the gt2, look at the features possibly not access headtracking with ours?

http://www.mightyape.com.au/product/Xbox-360/Forza-Motorsport-4-Limited-Edition-Wireless-Speed-Wheel-Bundle/10515419/

Wireless Speed Wheel
The most approachable wheel on the market with wireless freedom and outstanding precision •Wireless
•Backwards compatible with ALL racing games
•Small, sleek design
•Rumble
•Green Rings of Light for Visual Cues
•Multiple axis of motion detection

we might be ok looks like a kinect sensor on top of the tv

gud 0l stoner
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:03 pm

No mention of force feedback there.

And yeah - that wheel in the video is definitely the old one.

Chris (OD)
PS - Stoner - I have no idea what your first sentence means. :-)
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:06 pm

HA....wireless

"hmmmmm getting sick of sitting infront of the tv driving....might go sit outside and see if it's better"

Rolling Eyes

....and I think we need more info on this wheel bundle....sounds not quite right Suspect
mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by gud 0l stoner Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:51 am

just a bit of info i found, thought i share, but i dont care i love my wheel

gud 0l stoner
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:36 am

No worries - good to see footage of the head-tracking in action. Will be interesting to see how good it is. I think it will take some getting used to as you are turning your head to the side (which is natural), but swivelling your eyes in the opposite direction isn't.
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by gud 0l stoner Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:24 am

yeah im guessing even if you just lean left/right it looks like it'l work rather than having to turn ya head like such anyway most the time you look at the corner of the screen when ya biff'n round corners,

i think it'd be good, i dont have a new xbox still my really old one and cant see it getting replaced any time soon

gud 0l stoner
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:35 am

gud 0l stoner wrote:yeah im guessing even if you just lean left/right it looks like it'l work rather than having to turn ya head like such anyway most the time you look at the corner of the screen when ya biff'n round corners,

i think it'd be good, i dont have a new xbox still my really old one and cant see it getting replaced any time soon

We borrowed a kinect from a mate at work, and works well on the old xboxes. So all you need is the kinect sensor, and they are getting cheaper by the minute. Hopefully when Forza 4 comes out they will be well below 150.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:15 am

I got the kinect thrown in for free when I got my new box

.....so I'm ready to be looking into the corners while I smash up the rear of the car in front I'm not looking at Razz
mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Stylz Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:18 am

I have the xbox slim kinect.. and it also works on the older 360s.. you will need to buy a power adapter for it if u dont buy the kinect in a bundle though.. as if u buy it with the slim it is powered buy the concole ( new type USB PORT ) but for older xbox's u need to power adapter and the is comes with USB2 port to the new style USB port. there cheap on ebay $10 .. i got a yum cha branded type from hongkong and it works fine.. if u buy legit microsoft its around $40..
Don Stylz
Don Stylz
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Stylz Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:22 am

Danno.. u took the words right outa my mouth lol .. if its not head motion it will be the rear vision mirror lol

thats my excuse and im stickn to it . lol
Don Stylz
Don Stylz
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by gud 0l stoner Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:04 pm

Wink , c'mon guys i cant tell the missus all you need is an adaptor hehe

gud 0l stoner
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:46 pm

gud 0l stoner wrote: Wink , c'mon guys i cant tell the missus all you need is an adaptor hehe

do what I did

" hey babe.....the new xbox with kinect has a Zumba game you'd really love...cool I'll go buy one"

.........(Danno sits down and watches his wife do zumba...yeah babe shake that thing Very Happy )

Lovin' it Cool

I'd post a vid but I don't think some of the older members hearts would hold up tongue
mine just does

mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:49 pm

mad DANNO 29 wrote:what's different on the wheel?

It looks like it is missing the wing thingys on the ends of the base.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:51 pm

mad DANNO 29 wrote:I'd post a vid but I don't think some of the older members hearts would hold up tongue
mine just does

I think we should be the judge on that.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:21 pm

Dazza4610 wrote:
mad DANNO 29 wrote:what's different on the wheel?

It looks like it is missing the wing thingys on the ends of the base.

I think you can unbolt the "wing thingy" off the bottom of the M$ wheel.

Dazza4610 wrote:
mad DANNO 29 wrote:I'd post a vid but I don't think some of the older members hearts would hold up tongue
mine just does

I think we should be the judge on that.

I think I'd be a good judge of that. Besides, my pace maker is carrying a good charge. Smile
Give it your best shot Danno
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:03 pm

If you have kids you can convince the 'trouble and strife' that it's good to get them off their butts and moving. Then throw a whole heap of childhood obesity stats at her.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by original skin Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:58 pm

I was excited about head tracking when I first heard about it but I now play with a zoomed in Field of View (FOV) of 48 degrees and I would not be surprised if it only worked with the standard in-car view.

original skin
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:01 pm

I think your right on the money, (in-car view) but saying that its really the only view to use it on! As the name suggests "Head tracking" all the other views are really fixed.

from the vids out at the moment, I haven't seen any tracking movement from bonnet cam.

RU
RU four 86
RU four 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:35 pm

Considering the FOV aspect seen in some Gamescom vids, they've pulled it back a bit.

But seriously...not keen on headtracking? This is the stuff i'm desperate to get for Arma and DCS and you're not keen on it? I'm considering buying Kinect just for this when i get around to getting FM4...

Think about it, instead of guessing where your opponent is, a slight head turn to the left/right and you catch a glimpse of where he is. You'll most likely be able to change the sensitivity so you won't have many cases where you're straining to see the screen side on.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by ted Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:24 pm

seriously considering a Kinect purchase for this...then again i might go the whole hog and get that funky looking Star Wars console Very Happy

just don't sneeze while your racing and using headtracking. could be disastrous...
ted
ted
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:43 am

I'm interested in kinect for the head tracking. The autovista and car viewing stuff, meh, just a novelty, imo.

But I've only seen head tracking in action from in car view, which I don't use.

Has anyone seen anything definite about head tracking being active in bumper or bonnet view?
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next