OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close)

5 posters

Go down

My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close) Empty My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close)

Post by o MANIC o Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:20 am

I would have to say i've always been in love with Jap Skylines, I own A R33 GTST series 1 1993 model Burgandy,with 275 RWKW. I love it, i get up early Sunday mornings just to go up the Mountians through the twisty roads up there, So much fun. I've run it twice down 1/4 mile at Eastern Creek with a best time of 12.34 sec. When i bought the car it had just come into the country and was setup for drifting, with adjustable Tien Coilovers And adjustable caster bars. Full HKS exhaust including dump pipe. Also had a front mounted oil cooler. Since buying it I've added and Apexi Power fc, HKS GT2530, front mount intercooler, R33 GTR injectors, bosch external fuel pump and had the plenum chamber modified so it doesn't cross the top of the block. Instead it runs down the side now, Giving shorter passage for cooled air to flow. Next is a full bottom end rebuild to allow for more boost and 300+ RWKW, but that is gonna be a while yet. I absolutley love my car, it is truely my pride and joy. Insurance is a killer at a tad over $4000 a year, but it's worth every penny, i would n't sell it for the world.

In saying all this the missus knows that in a few years i'm going to own a R-34 GTR and am currently saving my arse off to as put much money as possible towards it.

My love affair with Skylines started when Skaife was running the R-32 GTR in the australian touring car series in the early 90's. From that moment on i knew that some day i would own one. That became a reality just over 4 years ago.

Here a a few pics of the car.
My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close) Myskyline004g
Note the fist out the window, like the bogan i am. Twisted Evil
My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close) Myskyline025

What a true work of art.! Laughing

I have a few more snaps of me drifting at Oran park in Western Sydney. I'll post them up in the next couple of days, when i can be bothered getting them from the other computer.

I hope you enjoy your car as much as i enjoy mine. If your looking for a great jap sports car you could do much worse than a Skyline. MUCH MUCH worse.

o MANIC o

o MANIC o
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close) Empty Re: My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close)

Post by OZFM Founder Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:14 am

Thats really nice dude its clean but you have done a lot to it.
Any plans on the body like a vertex front bar or keep it stock?
gotta say i love anythin JDM.

R33 is a fantastic car, i have no idea why soo many people hate on it... ITS NOT A BOAT.

Victoria sucks to be a P plater in! i cant drive anything with a Turbo!!!

I have been planing on getting a R33 with the old N/A RB25DE but still saving at the moment, might just get a R32 but i gotta say im not a real fan of the RB20 so i have 2 keep my eye out for a N/A RB25.
I think people ask to much for the r32 aswell!

Thanks for the share bro
OZFM Founder
OZFM Founder
Admin

Back to top Go down

My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close) Empty Re: My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close)

Post by o MANIC o Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:34 pm

If i were u i'd wait till off my p's and get a GTST. It'll be worth the wait.

As far as kits go no i like the stock kits although i want to get the rear gaurds rolled out, AKA GTR style. I have had the front bar modified since those pics were taken, the bar which holds the No. plate is now gone to allow more air to flow to the intercooler. I'll post more pics up in the next few days.

o MANIC o
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by xerocage Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:14 pm

Nice car mate, i have always had a soft spot for 33's, somthing about the shape.

Heres a photo of my both my beasts
My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close) Thebeast
just a lowered, stock 253, manual the usual SL/E extras. (interceptors are for added toughness)
havnt been able to drive it or anything for 2 1/2 years thanks to a couple of drink driving offences and i still have 1 1/2 years to go!
Im like the poster child for anti drink driiving.

My bush basher, not the exact one, but same colour just less pannels, no reverse and a lower roof.
My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close) Datto120y

I wish i had a smoke show photo to share but these were all i could find.
xerocage
xerocage
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by OZFM Founder Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:25 pm

man thats slammed. theres alot of potential there.
OZFM Founder
OZFM Founder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:16 pm

considering this is becoming a show your rides, here some of mine, only the good ones as I use a company car, 08 Lancer S/wagon, yuk
my pride n joy, barney, I made back in 95' still use her every summer, bit of a style thing but great fun
My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close) Picture084
My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close) Picture083
My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close) Picture087
my other joy, we spend about 100 -150 km a week together
My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close) 100_4079
and last but never least, my fav ride, dino ED: orig pic removed(while clean, I'd prefer to keep my genitals) pic substituted, for a close facsimile...
My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close) Briana-Banks-9

Last edited by RU four 86 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
RU four 86
RU four 86
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by OZFM Founder Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:18 pm

seeing that beetle makes we wana finish my resto on my 79 Kombi
OZFM Founder
OZFM Founder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by o MANIC o Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:08 am

I think i'm in love with that bug. I really like the fact that it's not just a convertable, the fact that it has no roof at all is just that much better.

o MANIC o
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by VVV Rotor Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:52 pm

My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close) Updated297093
My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close) Updated297094
My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close) Updated297096
My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close) Updated297092
My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close) 1jz
My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close) Updated297095
My Pride and Joy! Third only to my son and partner (though it's very close) Soarer
WIP
It is a Toyota Soarer JZZ30 Twin Turbo Limited
Standard Engine 206 kW
Now has Apexi Intake and Pod
I have a 3.5 inch twin exhaust under my daughters bed to put on
Traded a stock CT12a turbo for a full Tein Suspension.

Goals are to bolt on as much crap as I can to 800hp on standard internals and laugh at everyone else who has to "build" their engines to handle half that. Toyotas Lengendary over engineered JZ Engines
VVV Rotor
VVV Rotor
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down