OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car picking help

3 posters

Go down

Car picking help Empty Car picking help

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:43 am

Hey guys thought u lot would be a good bunch to ask Wink

I'm thinking of buying myself a Honda Civic late this yr because I sort of don't like driving medium size cars like my 09 model Lancer ES I got 8 months ago brand new(what a mistake lol). The Lancer is a good car and I love the engine in it but its to big for my likings and i've found it doesn't have much in the way of spirit when u drive it. Just put on the cruise control and well i should of just got a auto tbh lol

Anyways going back to the Civic I'm wondering what model u guys recommend, a VI VTI one i bet since those have Vtec while those other CXI CGL and what nots don't. I've had a little fun reading up on some of the engines which is how i know about the VI and VTI models having Vtech mind u the VTI one is meant to have a economy Vtech lol.

What I've found so far and thinking about is a 2001 model I like the look and they price in well under $10,000 which brings it to something I could save up for this yr. But was wondering what you guys thought and wouldn't mind hearing any real life feed back on Civic's since I may love the buggers in Forza I have no idea how they go in RL

Back to top Go down

Car picking help Empty Re: Car picking help

Post by anon666 Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Have owned 2 civic's skyblazer. One, they will never die. Two, they rev to infinity. I had a '93 SI, the first with VTEC (I think), great car. I think it had nearly 200k on the clock when we sold it and everything was still original under the bonnet. Currently driving an '07 model, and as much as boys love a big V8, I've taken a few mates with bigger cars for a drive, and seen their eyes pop when you attack a corner. Something that will see you calling a tow truck if you try it in a heavy V8. A guy who works with me drives a FPV GT Falcon, yet he asks to borrow my keys whenever he has to go out. Go VTEC, go manual, and go 2 door.
anon666
anon666
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Hey skyblazer, if you want an older civic, you cant beat the EG5, '92/'93 SI with the D16A8 DOHC engine, awesome drive and dirt cheap to buy now. The best little 3-door money can buy!

anon666, yeah, it's the first civic with VTEC, we all the know the CRX was the first Honda with VTEC. It had the D16A8 engine from '88 to '91

Back to top Go down

Post by anon666 Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:32 pm

Gaz 0x wrote:Hey skyblazer, if you want an older civic, you cant beat the EG5, '92/'93 SI with the D16A8 DOHC engine, awesome drive and dirt cheap to buy now. The best little 3-door money can buy!

anon666, yeah, it's the first civic with VTEC, we all the know the CRX was the first Honda with VTEC. It had the D16A8 engine from '88 to '91

Look out, with this many no.'s, acronyms and model year knowledge, this guy has to be a car salesman. He'll sell you a rusty '69 Scamp for $10k and tell you it's the buy of a lifetime. RUUUUUUUUNNNN!!!!!!
anon666
anon666
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:42 pm

anon666 wrote:
Gaz 0x wrote:Hey skyblazer, if you want an older civic, you cant beat the EG5, '92/'93 SI with the D16A8 DOHC engine, awesome drive and dirt cheap to buy now. The best little 3-door money can buy!

Look out, with this many no.'s, acronyms and model year knowledge, this guy has to be a car salesman. He'll sell you a rusty '69 Scamp for $10k and tell you it's the buy of a lifetime. RUUUUUUUUNNNN!!!!!!

Ha ha! Not a salesman, I'm a Honda mechanic.
Any other questions, just ask, I'm always willing to help out!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:45 pm

lol, I'm not after something dirt cheap just after something modem, nice, and oh so fun to drive. btw im just wondering but when I looked at a pic of the inside of a 2001 model civic the gear stick was umm well tbh if i ever took a civic out for a drive I can't help but think i would need to ask permission to grab the gear stick everytime i wanted to change gears or just feel really ackward. it pretty much looks like the car has a hard on lol

If theres a model with cruise control, and vtech that would be cool but im looking for something under $10,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:00 pm

lol! that's funny, about the gearstick! They are a strange shape compared with other cars!
If your after something modern, smaller, a bit cheaper, and fun to drive, don't laugh, but check out the 04, 05, VTI JAZZ, just make sure it's a manual. Those things handle like go karts, just point 'em at a corner, sit back and enjoy the ride!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:03 pm

I think i'll just go ahead and laugh lol Razz

I did take a quick look but honestly I just don't like the look of it and they're $10,000+ so yeah its not on my christmas list lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinkly Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:31 pm

dont knock the Jazz mine is 7 yrs old 1500 cc and IF i need a new car ever i would buy same again . I may be old but i can still hook into a good bit of cornering when im out on my own. - wife lol!
Rinkly
Rinkly
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinkly Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:34 pm

dont knock the Jazz mine is 7 yrs old 1500 cc and IF i need a new car ever i would buy same again . I may be old but i can still hook into a good bit of cornering when im out on my own. - wife lol!
Rinkly
Rinkly
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinkly Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:36 pm

Rinkly
Rinkly
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:50 pm

If your hell bent on a Civic I would voteto get a type-r import. I dont know what your budget is but hey they look so much better than the aus model.

$26k http://topsecretimports.com.au/zoom.php?id=300

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:47 pm

It looks awesome but I don't have that kind of money lol I love the rims on it though would love to get some of those

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:44 pm

haha if i had a Falcon id ask for the keys to a civic too!! he sux!! hahaha
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down