OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport 6

+10
mad DANNO 29
hillcrest
TheAlfheim
FAA Beefnachos
Goomf
MVGWoody
Jabba oz
Mitch
XYvSTUvYX
original skin
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Forza Motorsport 6 - Page 2 Empty Re: Forza Motorsport 6

Post by XYvSTUvYX Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:29 am

Haven't played it yet but I've only heard good feedback about it, the only bad things are user related problems

XYvSTUvYX
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by FAA Beefnachos Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:32 am

Been playing for a few days now. To me it basically feels like a more refined version of forza 5. The V8s are all a blast to drive and feel more like race cars and less like potatoes. I haven't run int any major problems or glitches yet only problems I have is playing in public lobbies with all the spoons. Driving in the rain is a challenge and in a way it works better than pcars. You can still drive & be fast, and it's not insanely difficult. Night racing is good, looks better than pCars too. Maybe because they could focus more on it running smoothly as its not constantly changing ? The car list is impressive too. Just don't expect it to be more than a forza a game and you won't be disappointed.

FAA Beefnachos
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAlfheim Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:28 pm

Good review - thanks for sharing. Downloading now Very Happy

Looking forward to some series Smile

TheAlfheim
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:38 pm

So lime rock park has an invisible wall on the apex of the kerb on the second corner. Super not happy about this
hillcrest
hillcrest
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAlfheim Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:38 pm

Hi Guys, just started playing. Hope someone can clarify for me - I'm in the Stories of Motorsport section, and it seems I cant drop back to a main menu - it only allows me to move on to the next round of the series (I've completed 9 races, 2 series so far - about to start the 3rd {US Tour}).

When does the tutorial type mode end, and I can get to the garage and rivals and buying cars, etc?

TheAlfheim
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:02 am

you just have to exit it after a race....or before a race starts. then just keep hitting B until back at the main menu.

took me a little bit to figure out too..... seems to want to keep you in career mode.
mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:57 pm

4 hrs syncing vinyls...and counting
Anyone else had this issue ?

mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by original skin Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:33 am

mad DANNO 29 wrote:4 hrs syncing vinyls...and counting
Anyone else had this issue ?

I found it got stuck a couple of times and needed a restart. It should not take any longer than a couple of minutes per design.

original skin
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:50 am

it finally finished last night except for one major bug ..... all my letter a's were missing from every design......haha
mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:36 pm

mad DANNO 29 wrote:it finally finished last night except for one major bug ..... all my letter a's were missing from every design......haha
ha ha
Have fun with that.
My Lavazza Abarth 500 would crash the game when I tried to transfer it. 20 x "a" would do that!

If a vinyl group has an "a" when applied it seems to pixelate. Load up in vinyl group editor, ungroup and find the blank layer. Select and Change Vinyl Shape to "a". It will retain the size and colour so makes it a simple fix (depending on how many "a"s you have).
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:25 pm

My half assed review and complaining.

What FM6 does good:
- Everything that forza usually does good they do good in 6, improvements mainly come in the form of added content and the introduction of night and rain. 24 cars on track is nice too.
- Controls feel great as usual
- I haven't come across any paint glitches on the V8s yet aside from a few unpaintable wings.
- Frame rate is rock solid and the game looks good for the most part.
- The rain is great bar the puddles, physics wise it feels better than project cars rain, though in general Pcars physics are far better than FM.
- User interface takes a little bit to get used to but I like it, cars are grouped by manufacturer and its much easier to navigate around.
- I didn't realise how much I missed having the paintshop, I still would like the paintable areas to be more clearly defined but it's still A+.
- Trackside action is cool, the fireworks and confetti cannons are ridiculous and way over the top though, but the tyre barriers are a nice touch (even though they would cause yellow flag conditions being all over the bloody track like that)

What I think is bad:
- Sounds, I always thought that T10 did a bang up job on the audio mixing, even if some of the sounds were wrong. But oh boy have they cocked up bigtime, the audio mix in the game is woeful (and thats being nice)
-Cockpit views are terrible, why T10 can implement a very simple FOV slider like nearly every single other racing game is beyond me not to mention the dash lights pretty much don't exist and look horrible, you can hardly even see them at night.
- Wheel support isn't amazing, PCars feels much better and in all honesty the pad feels better than the wheel, and for me at least not being able to change the FOV in cockpit view puts me off using the wheel at all. Maybe I'm just spoilt from playing racing sims on PC and the amount of options you get for wheels in those games.
- The puddles in the rain are ridiculous and way overdone, drains exist in the real world and even if they didn't the rain conditions are red flag conditions. No sane race director would allow racing to continue in those conditions.
- Light sources at night seem off, they're not horrible but they don't seem right to me, other games I've played that do night racing do it better, that said its not a deal breaker and its good for the most part but worth a small mention.
- Drivertars are useless, why they brake in the middle of a straight is beyond me, other games AI may not be as unique as drivertars but they're not divebombing the inside line of turn 1 and Nurb GP or brake checking down a straight.
- Career mode has potential, but its ruined by the AI and is fairly meh over all, nothing but a credit grind in the end as most FM singleplayer career modes are.
- Corner cutting is insane, its so easy to cut a corner, in fact you can still cut the absolute snot out of Eau Rouge and not get a lap invalidated. Any track built within the last 10 years and with concrete run off you can cut like crazy (cota and yas are the main offenders). I haven't tried public lobbys or leagues yet but from what I've read it seems we have professional lumberjacks populating the MP.
- I'm still slightly upset that there isn't a flag and penalty system in place, as well as rolling starts being missing from the game again, I know they will never be included but a boy can dream.
- Pit stops, this is a big one for me. I wish T10 would take fuel and tyres and separate them from the damage model and allow us to take different amounts of fuel, different tyre compounds would be lovely too.
- Fuel usage is much more realistic, same with tyre wear, but whats the point when both just reset when you go into the pits, it's pointless to even have tyre wear because you will use up all your fuel before you even get close to wearing your tyres out.
- Invisible walls on an apex at Lime Rock Park, all I can say on this is that I thought T10 had higher standards than this, I'm very, very disappointed about this, and I'm not even sure that T10 will fix it. - The lighting on most tracks is ok overall, though its still the same terrible lighting on bathurst.
- Whats with the dust all over laguna seca and the fog over conrod, these things are stupid, get rid of them and give us pit crews, whilst you're at it ditch the bloody fireworks going off every lap the flock of birds that land and fly off from the same spot every lap, the wacky arm waving inflatable tube men and give us a bloody pit crew.

All in all probably the best forza release to come yet, much better than FM5. I'd still love to see Twin Ring Motegi and Suzuka back in but I can live, gets a solid 83/100 from me (it was 88/100 but then I found the LRP thing)
hillcrest
hillcrest
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by original skin Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:25 am

Sounds like my review was mostly on the money then.

I still can't get multiplayer to work by the way.

original skin
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:02 am

Hillcrest it might do to have a play with your sound settings, as for me this is one of the highlights of the game, the sounds are just epic! I can hear cars all around the track, the sound is very detailed with echos off surrounding objects etc and it helps massively with hearing when a car is right beside you when driving in car view. I don't mind in car view (better than F5), its only terrible when in comparision to 'selfie stick' view but is fine on its own (i.e if everyone just actually drove in/on the car instead of behind it wouldn't be an issue but shhhh don't tip the apple cart lol). FOV slider would be cool but not a deal breaker IMO. Light sourcing at night is sooooo much better compared to PCARS, thank god my headlights don't only point 2 feet in front of me in this game.

'Skin' sorry to hear you are having multiplayer dramas but we have been playing heaps of it including public & private lobby stuff, still had no major drama with multiplayer, apart from people struggling with dropping out and disappearing cars etc if they are having connection issues in general.

Gotta say i'm loving this game, never realised how much I enjoyed just buying a new car and customising it to your own liking until I couldn't do it on PCARS. Like the new menu layout etc too. Sure better thought into pits & pitstops etc would be a plus but its not a dealbreaker for me as the rest of it is damn fun. Yes you can still chop corners at certain tracks spots if you want/need to, but we have stewards for our race events so anyone that does it in a series repeatedly is gonna have a bad day :-)

So far its a happy 8.5/10 for me 1 point for no in depth pit stuff to add to the racing + silly oversights like mirrors that zoom in certain cars when using in car view.  Another 1/2 point for being able to chop in a few places on certain tracks where it would have been easy to add a tyre wall as they have elsewhere (annoys me in public lobbies but then again its funny watching people wanting to win so bad hahaha).
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:10 am

Reaps wrote:Hillcrest it might do to have a play with your sound settings, as for me this is one of the highlights of the game, the sounds are just epic! I can hear cars all around the track, the sound is very detailed with echos off surrounding objects etc and it helps massively with hearing when a car is right beside you when driving in car view. I don't mind in car view (better than F5), its only terrible when in comparision to 'selfie stick' view but is fine on its own (i.e if everyone just actually drove in/on the car instead of behind it wouldn't be an issue but shhhh don't tip the apple cart lol). FOV slider would be cool but not a deal breaker IMO. Light sourcing at night is sooooo much better compared to PCARS, thank god my headlights don't only point 2 feet in front of me in this game.

I have to disagree on the sounds, I use a 5.1 system with my xbox and everything sounds off, I even tried re calibrating the system but even with the rear speakers at half the volume of the fronts all I can hear in chase cam is a mix of different engine noises and barely my own. There's not too much I can do for sound settings in game besides change the master volume. Whats even more frustrating is that I need to use a separate calibration for FM6 than I do for anything else. To me and my somewhat trained ear (I have some experience with audio engineering, comes from spending 7 years in a band) and it seems like somethings gone wrong in the mix. For example the echoes that you love, for me sound horrible, very jarring and not natural, it sounds like someone got way to reverb happy with the mix.

For me no FOV slider is a deal breaker. It never used to be until I played at my calculated FOV. THIS video explains it much better than I can. I'm all for everyone driving in car view, but unless there is a FOV slider i'll never support it

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on the night thing haha, not that It's bad by any means, I think its incredibly well done, I just think that P cars did it better, especially when It comes to ambient track lighting, and the only difference between the headlights for me is that in FM6 they're angled a little bit higher. What I have found as well is that if there is a car in front of you and you are shining your headlights on them they will cast as shadow over their own headlights, which is strange. It's almost as if the other car headlights are just lightened transparent textures
hillcrest
hillcrest
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:44 am

So far I am enjoying FM6, even on the controller.. I think it is a definite step up to FM5 and the overall experience so far is positive, my only gripe and it is a big one is multiplayer... As cannot join tho did make it in the multiplayer area to select races ONCE.. I think it is settings with service provider and have had a bit of a look and modem/router is all fine tho maybe I need to revisit this if it continues, also possible the speed of net is an issue or it is very congested but it does need fixing and after a quick read on the web it seems a common theme for a lot of the owners of the game, TURN 10 need to fix this asap..

Initially I wasn't to impressed with the sound as well but then realised it was the echoing and after awhile I got used to it and don't mind it now, some cars sound pretty good and happy with it, just took a bit of getting used to.

Rain and puddles give a whole different challenge and picking the right lines is crucial/remembering where the puddles are on the next lap to, looks good on the windscreen and nice effect, tho no doubt will be some grief along the way when racing closely, but then that's the challenge.

Look forward to racing with others from OZFM again if and when I can multiplayer up and running.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by original skin Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:57 am

I'm on the NBN and multiplayer is still borked for me. I can't even view an empty lobby.

original skin
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by XYvSTUvYX Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:43 am

Online been working great so far, not sure if it's your modem/router have you tried it somewhere else ?
XYvSTUvYX
XYvSTUvYX

Back to top Go down

Post by original skin Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:03 am

The only thing I haven't tried is a different router.

I give up.

original skin
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by XYvSTUvYX Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:24 pm

Just borrow or buy a router keep the receipt to take it back if it don't work
XYvSTUvYX
XYvSTUvYX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:53 pm

Managed to get into multiplayer today, go figure.. Bag it out and it let it me in!! Tho did update the modem router so time will tell if it remains consistent or not.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinkly Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:07 pm

Why does it keep telling me it can't find Teredo IP who is this guy,would luv to find him then i could kick his butt.Would luv to have OPEN nat every time i turn on xbone.
Wooden tit be luvally.
Rinkly
Rinkly
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2