OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clubsport V2 accelerator problem

4 posters

Go down

Clubsport V2 accelerator problem Empty Clubsport V2 accelerator problem

Post by CosmicChimera Sat May 09, 2015 8:18 pm

Has anyone had a problem with the accelerator on the CSP pedals not returning to zero? This is causing big problems in Pcars for me - even connected directly to PC utility it shows that the accelerator is registering about 2% at rest. Because pcars uses LT/RT in so many menus, this is making the game pretty well unplayable. I'm about to get the old pedals back out, but any ideas would be greatly appreciated
CosmicChimera
CosmicChimera
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Clubsport V2 accelerator problem Empty Re: Clubsport V2 accelerator problem

Post by hillcrest Sat May 09, 2015 9:47 pm

I've seen this around on the iracing forums, I'll have a quick look to see if i can find the fix

EDIT: So i cant find the exact problem but maybe try tightening the screws or cleaning the sensors
hillcrest
hillcrest
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicChimera Sat May 09, 2015 10:03 pm

Thanks Hillcrest, i've tried the lug screw tightening, and even swapping screws between pedals - no change. Not sure about cleaning the sensors? any idea how this works?
CosmicChimera
CosmicChimera
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Sun May 10, 2015 1:55 am

First why would you use the wheel when you can use a perfectly serviceable wireless mouse?

Second have you tried taking it out of the USB and in again? Or even putting it into another USB port? I have a huge issue with windows not properly recognizing my wheel center, it would always rotate it to 90 degrees off full rotation, and plugging it into the next USB along fixed it.....for some reason.

That said you should also know about the bug with CSP pedals in USB mode. Every now and then they will stop picking up 100% throttle, and you'll have to reconnect the pedals to fix it. Its an old bug, and I can't for the life of me understand why Fanatec hasn't fixed it yet.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest Sun May 10, 2015 2:29 am

He's using them on xbone with the basherboards
hillcrest
hillcrest
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Sun May 10, 2015 9:23 am

Had this problem a fair while ago, easy fix once you understand what it is and why, presuming it is a similar problem.

For me it was the magnetic sensor that is held in by the grub screw on the throttle pedal had moved out of alignment and therefore when pedal was fully compressed would not reconise it as being 100% throttle.

Go into your PC mode and you will see how it works, you can now loosen the grub screw on throttle pedal and move around the magnetic pin and see the throttle going up and down as you put it into different positions and compress throttle pedal and decompress throttle pedal, resetting to zero (for you) and compressing to 100%, adjust to be working for you via pc setup and telemetry and tighten grub screw when all is in alignment. ie 0-100% is working as it should when no throttle 0% and full throttle 100%.
Worked for me and was a bit fiddly but once done was surprised how far it was out compared to initial setting and worked flawlessly ever since till sold.

The pin with the grub screw works by as you apply throttle it is your throttle position indicator and sends a message to the square magnetized box you see just to the right of the throttle with the wires in it, so that pin needs to be in correct alignment giving you 0% throttle when not compressed and 100% throttle when compressed.

Maybe yours has moved slightly and is why you have a continuous 2% throttle on.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Sun May 10, 2015 1:43 pm

Ah. Said USB and thought you mean PC.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicChimera Sun May 10, 2015 8:18 pm

Thanks heaps Sleuth - taking the grub screw out and putting it back in was enough to get the PC utility showing a nice 0-100% range. Hooked it back up to the xbox and it was OK for a few seconds in the car setup screen, then started flicking through all of the setup areas again (ie RT held down). I'll keep tinkering, but this definitely seems to be where the problem is.
CosmicChimera
CosmicChimera
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest Wed May 13, 2015 9:16 pm

did you manage to sort your issues out? just ordered a set today
hillcrest
hillcrest
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicChimera Thu May 14, 2015 6:47 am

Pretty much - I took out the grub screws and put them back in again, and had a poke around inside. Cant really say that I ever said "ah, here's the problem.." at any point, but the accelerator doesn't cause the LT/RT screens in pcars to flicker madly anymore, so all good.
One little problem though - I actually decided to swap the grub screws in the accel and clutch pedals around - seems to have fixed the accelerator but I crossed the thread when I was trying to get the screw back in the clutch, so the clutch is cactus at present. I'll see if I can just force it all the way in with a bigger hammer, but for now I am manual/no clutch (just when I was starting to get the hang of heel/toe downshifts.. Crying or Very sad )
CosmicChimera
CosmicChimera
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down