OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OZFM Nationals - Commodore Cup: Drivers Lounge.

+7
mystery
Dektra
sempeR
NoRecoil
Sly Dux
SunCrossed
Goomf
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

OZFM Nationals - Commodore Cup: Drivers Lounge. Empty OZFM Nationals - Commodore Cup: Drivers Lounge.

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:16 pm

OZFM Nationals - Commodore Cup: Drivers Lounge. Cc_hea10

Welcome to the OZFM Commodore Cup Drivers Lounge

This is where the OZFM Commodoe Cup Drivers come for a bit General Discussion or to ask any Questions they may have about the series.

Last edited by JamieWhincup#1 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

OZFM Nationals - Commodore Cup: Drivers Lounge. Empty Re: OZFM Nationals - Commodore Cup: Drivers Lounge.

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Pre Season test tonight for anyone not sure if they want to run in the series or not.
Car build is below or is available on my storefront.
Lobby will be open at about 8pm.

Car:
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP

Build:

Engine & Power :
* Air Filter - Race
* Ignition - Sport
* Exhaust - Race
* Oil & Cooling - Race
* Flywheel - Race

Platform & Handling :
* Brakes - Race
* Springs & Dampers - Race
* Front Anti-roll Bar - Race
* Rear Anti-roll Bar - Race
* Chassis Reinforcement & Rollcage - Race
* Weight Reduction - Street

Drivetrain :
* Clutch - Sport
* Transmission - Street
* Driveline - Race

Tyres & Rims :
* Tyre Compound - Sport
* Front Width - 265/35R19
* Rear Width - 265/35R19
* Rims - Advan RG11

** All other parts MUST remain stock **

Class - A540
Power - 338KW
Weight - 1,770kg

Hope to see you there Smile
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

OZFM Nationals - Commodore Cup: Drivers Lounge. Empty Re: OZFM Nationals - Commodore Cup: Drivers Lounge.

Post by Goomf Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:11 pm

All signed up and awaiting livery base. Thought these would be bastards to drive with no assists but they're not so bad. Looking forward to it.
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:31 am

Apart from painting my car red, I don't suppose anyone would care to throw a tune my way to make me go faster. Just enough to keep Suncrossed at bay. Razz
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:13 pm

Round 1 is tonight on Sebring Full.
2 x 7 lap races and 1 x 16 lap race which is reverse grid.
There is no CPS.
Lobby Restrictions: - All assists are forced off (steering is the only optional assist)
Lobby to open at 8pm AEST with racing kicking off between 8.30 and 9pm AEST.
See you there Smile
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:04 pm

Couldn't get in unfortunately, full reset of everything didn't help, all tested fine just a standard time out on trying to get into the lobby, hope it was a great night was looking forward to this Sad

I was looking forward to a tussle with Goomf!

Then by some miracle I did get in and pedals seemed to play up for the first race and a half and then all good, but still couldn't drive these cars!

Thanks for the persistences fellas appreciate it!
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Dux Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:54 pm

Yay looked forward to these all day. Practice was fine all day, 2 mins before race cant join the lobby. Sad panda #FML
Sly Dux
Sly Dux
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:13 am

Glad you made it Suncrossed. While we didn't have the battles I'd hope, you made it so I couldn't afford to drift off too much which so easily happens when you're way behind everyone else and feel like you're driving by yourself. I was a tad late for work but had to risk staying for the last race. Didn't want to lose those precious points seeing as you beat me last series. Smile

Bugger about the comms but glad you enjoyed my manboobs Zab. You have to mention my car in store to get the 42% sale price. Smile BTW, you really didn't have to apologise/stop for me but thanks anyway. I was having trouble keeping the rubber flat and was pretty irratic through that section. I think you were right to pass me. Even though we scraped, it really didn't hinder more than what I was already achieving myself. Sad

And as I explained but no-one heard, the red rat as my icon was there because it not only matched my car colours, I unfortunately had to kill one we'd caught in our kitchen. gunner
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:35 pm

Sly Dux wrote:Yay looked forward to these all day. Practice was fine all day, 2 mins before race cant join the lobby. Sad panda #FML

Im not aiming this at Sly but I feel like im repeating myself more then Matt White at the end of a race by saying this:

If you have't opened you ports - DO IT!

Its not fair on those who have done the right thing because others haven't - ask if you dont know what to do.
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:45 pm

I'm thinking of incorporating a rolling start into the next round.
What do you guys think ?
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:21 am

For both races or just the enduro? And I'm guessing for the first corner blues more for the latter because people know their brake markers better at speed. Either way, whatever you experienced drivers reckon.
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:51 pm

I think the ozfm nationals are a good place to try new things and test concept ideas for potential use in Tuesday night series. Why not.
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Dux Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:43 pm

NoRecoil wrote:
Sly Dux wrote:Yay looked forward to these all day. Practice was fine all day, 2 mins before race cant join the lobby. Sad panda #FML

Im not aiming this at Sly but I feel like im repeating myself more then Matt White at the end of a race by saying this:

If you have't opened you ports - DO IT!

Its not fair on those who have done the right thing because others haven't - ask if you dont know what to do.

Thats the first thing i ever do with my modems. I make a specific set of rules for xboxlive port forwarding and apply them before i play any games. Anyways maybe next week ay
Sly Dux
Sly Dux
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:14 pm

Round 2 is tonight on Catalunya GP.
1 x 5 lap race and 1 x 1 hour race which is reverse grid.
There is a CPS. CPS to be taken between the 15 minute and 45 minute marks.
There will also be rolling start for the 1hr Enduro, So please try and get into the lobby ASAP so we can have a few practice starts.
Lobby Restrictions: - All assists are forced off (steering is the only option [Normal/Simulation])
Lobby to open at 8pm AEST with racing kicking off between 8.30 and 9pm AEST.
See you there Smile
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:25 pm

Cool

Last edited by sempeR on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:29 pm

I'm on. Lol
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:13 am

Sorry for being a downer last night. Long day and driving for an hour was actually very theraputic, although the connection hysterics was really what I needed. Wish we could save at any point. It was awesome.
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by mystery Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:32 am

Why the early starts Clarko? I can't do 8pm lobby with 8.30 starts and is generally when many households are winding up for the night, kids, TV programs etc... Seams an odd time to lock in uninterrupted racing.
mystery
mystery
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:39 am

I didn't actually pay attention to that and was just lucky I was on. In general I won't always make this earlier start either...not that that probably matters...unless Suncrossed is on...or NoRecoil...or Dektra...hell, I'm not doing as badly as I should be. Razz

Last edited by Goomf on Tue May 14, 2013 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:56 pm

mystery wrote:Why the early starts Clarko? I can't do 8pm lobby with 8.30 starts and is generally when many households are winding up for the night, kids, TV programs etc... Seams an odd time to lock in uninterrupted racing.
I said to Recoil who was hosting, That I wanted to wait for you.
I have been stating that the races would start between 8.30 and 9 depending on If we had everyone in the lobby yet.
The earlier start time was to try and get some other people in that couldn't race later but that hasn't seemed to work.
So from now on no race will start before 9.00pm unless everyone is in the lobby.
I'm sorry that you missed the first race last night.
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by mystery Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:02 pm

JamieWhincup#1 wrote:
mystery wrote:Why the early starts Clarko? I can't do 8pm lobby with 8.30 starts and is generally when many households are winding up for the night, kids, TV programs etc... Seams an odd time to lock in uninterrupted racing.
I said to Recoil who was hosting, That I wanted to wait for you.
I have been stating that the races would start between 8.30 and 9 depending on If we had everyone in the lobby yet.
The earlier start time was to try and get some other people in that couldn't race later but that hasn't seemed to work.
So from now on no race will start before 9.00pm unless everyone is in the lobby.
I'm sorry that you missed the first race last night.

Ok thanks Clarko. I know it's hard for the Kiwi's to race during the week because their in the future and it's getting late for them. Looking forward to next week.
mystery
mystery
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by MadRacer38 Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:59 pm

If someone could send me the livery template I should be able to race this round coming.
Better late then never I guess.
MadRacer38
MadRacer38
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:06 am

Round 3 is tonight on Nurburgring GP.
2 x 7 lap race and 1 x 16 lap race which is reverse grid.
There is no CPS.
There will also be rolling start for the final 7 lap race.
Lobby Restrictions: - All assists are forced off (steering is the only option [Normal/Simulation])
Lobby to open at 8.30pm AEST with racing kicking off at 9pm AEST.
See you there
Smile
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Mon May 06, 2013 3:59 pm

Round 3 is tonight on Sunset Peninsula Full.
2 x 11 lap race and 1 x 24 lap race which is reverse grid.
There is no CPS.
There will also be rolling start for the final 11 lap race.
Lobby to open at 8.30pm AEST with racing kicking off at 9pm AEST.
See you there
Smile
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by wylie27 Tue May 07, 2013 11:17 am

Hey All,

Damn this series looks like fun.. i havent been on for a while now.. no internet connection.. well no house actually lol.. long story

how has everyone been?

wylie27
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next