OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlefield 4.

+11
Sleuth 101
sempeR
Reaps
Envy The Best
Zabbey21
Sly Dux
mad DANNO 29
Rinkly
surferofthemind
Dazza4610
JamieWhincup#1
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Battlefield 4. - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 4.

Post by mad DANNO 29 Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:11 pm

trade them all.

EB have 50% bonus on trading your 360 from this Saturday 9th November to next Saturday 16th November,with DOUBLE your EB World Bonus Trade Credit for any games you trade.

I have even cancelled my xbone battlefield 4 as there seems to be way to many issues with it. on all versions.
I'm just gonna be happy with Forza and Cod until Titanfall comes out.

mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:53 pm

Going off topic here, excuse me one moment.

My Xbox has been opened up and iv changed the color of the tray and eject button to gold from a halo edition Xbox. Also, iv kind of sticker bombed it haha. What I'm asking is, do eb offer a flat rate on trade-ins or is it a case by case basis?

sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:58 pm

sempeR wrote:Going off topic here, excuse me one moment.

My Xbox has been opened up and iv changed the color of the tray and eject button to gold from a halo edition Xbox. Also, iv kind of sticker bombed it haha. What I'm asking is, do eb offer a flat rate on trade-ins or is it a case by case basis?
funny you should ask, ive got 4 xboxs in bits they said they wont take them if the seals broke. I was just gonna biff them back together and hope for the best and get free xbone
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Kiwi, that is gold!

Do you think they will try and turn it on?  I am sure I could piece one together from bits and pieces around here...

Oh, and this is getting a bit off topic... Where are the mods when you need one... lol

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:14 pm

They gotta play a disk:cry: 
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:26 pm

We need a new thread haha

Externally mine looks okay, I can clean up my stickers, change back the tray color, and throw on a 20g hard drive.

If all fails I have 27 unloved games I could trade in...

Last edited by sempeR on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:28 pm

I traded one (xbox 360 console) in at EB, they looked in the hard drive, you get less if no hard drive, looked at serial numbers and that's it, didn turn it on nothing, they apparently all go back to service department anyway, they even took the controllers that I had.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:30 pm

Holy shit iv got like 12 controllers with sticky thumbsticks hahaha
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:31 pm

I better get my toolkit out then.
oh and battlefield with guns and blowing big holes in crap. Thread back on topic
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Rahhhhh battlefield sucks!

Totally back on topic now
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:30 am

Waffles found them, just posting. Piss funny

NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Zabbey21 Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:49 am

One of the best and funniest ways to take down a chopper I have ever seen. Makes me want to get the game just to do some stupid stuff Razz
Zabbey21
Zabbey21
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:23 pm

Game is broken as shit, don't buy it until they've fixed it.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:43 pm

Envy The Best wrote:Game is broken as shit, don't buy it until they've fixed it.

How's it broken, its EPIC!!!! Zabbey check out my trollific BF4 game dvrs on my profile, if u need any more convincing  Very Happy  fun times

Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Dux Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:49 pm

We thought mortars where good too. But its easier if they are on your team. Dont listen to Envy hes to good to play with us on the xbone anyways  tongue 
Sly Dux
Sly Dux
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Zabbey21 Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:08 pm

Original Reapr wrote:
Envy The Best wrote:Game is broken as shit, don't buy it until they've fixed it.

How's it broken, its EPIC!!!! Zabbey check out my trollific BF4 game dvrs on my profile, if u need any more convincing  Very Happy  fun times

I was already sold mate! Very Happy

Just need the extra $60 or so for the DLC aswell so it might be on the back-burner for a couple of weeks.
Zabbey21
Zabbey21
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:24 pm

Original Reapr wrote:

Kills around corners
Damage being delivered in packets so all the damage is being done at once (aka instadeaths)
Rubberbanding out the arse
De-synced hitboxes
Terrain hitboxes
Getting stuck on geometry
Getting stuck on players
OP as Frig MAA, cheap as shit MBT LAW, cheap as shit active radar, cheap as shit invincible scout helos with 25mm ANTI Frig ARMOUR CANNON, cheap as shit staff shell for MBT's.
Shit spawn system (ex spawn on flag right in front of enemy zerg)
Black screen when spawning
RPG bug where if you sprint, change weapon, change back and fire your RPG, it doesn't use the ADS (aim down sight) accuracy value throwing the rocket 30 degrees off center (same thing happens with other weapons as well)
Re-introduced the ceiling bug in Metro 2014 (except easier to accomplish)
RPG's dusting off of helicopters

...and to top it off the "join on friend" function that replaced the party system in BF3 doesn't Frig work at all.

And before anyone says it (lol, too late already), the underlying core game beneath all the shit is fantastic, and those moments where it actually works as intended it works brilliantly, but i have to wade through so much shit to get to a good game (on PC AND PS4). The game was release prematurely to beat CoD: Ghosts to sale, and it shows.

Wait 6-8 months, get the premium edition for 50 (oops) bucks. Its what i should've done.

Sly Dux wrote:Dont listen to Envy hes to good to play with us on the xbone anyways  tongue

Stop being 12 pls.

Last edited by Envy The Best on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:29 am; edited 5 times in total
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Zabbey21 Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:30 pm

An EA title for 30 dollars with all the DLC within 12 months of release? Doesn't sound right.

Or you could've bought it on one console to begin with? You usually do your research on games and consoles so if you knew that it was going to be as bad as you say it is, why pay $120+ dollars on the same broken game?
Zabbey21
Zabbey21
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:31 pm

Zabbey21 wrote:An EA title for 30 dollars with all the DLC within 12 months of release? Doesn't sound right.

Or you could've bought it on one console to begin with? You usually do your research on games and consoles so if you knew that it was going to be as bad as you say it is, why pay $120+ dollars on the same broken game?

They did it with BF3, and half price at EB and on Origin is $50 (oops)

I bought it to play with friends who were playing it at the time, and still do on PS4. I'm not going to deny it was a stupid purchase, and shame on me for doing so, but there was absolutely no indication pre-release it was going to be as bad as it was. Frig i liked the open beta! It was put together better than the final goddamn release! Sure it ran poor until the first optimization update, but basic networking and balance issues including stuff like the black spawn screen were non-existant! It was fantastic! I recommended it to people based on the beta!

The final build? Couldn't be any more goddamn different and they keep screwing it up at every patch. Their QA department is pathetic.

This is not ok.
Battlefield 4. - Page 2 NmdL3fy

Neither is this

Or this
http://gfycat.com/WelltodoGiganticAttwatersprairiechicken

And heres the ADS spread glitch on Xbone

And heres a nice little vid showing an enemy player popping into existance to kill the player with an insta kill

Last edited by Envy The Best on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Zabbey21 Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:56 pm

Fair enough mate, it's obviously got potential but they need to spend serious time fixing it, shutting down the online component for serious maintenance and bug fixes. Maybe they will have the game fixed up in a few months.
Zabbey21
Zabbey21
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:57 am

Zabbey21 wrote:Fair enough mate, it's obviously got potential but they need to spend serious time fixing it, shutting down the online component for serious maintenance and bug fixes. Maybe they will have the game fixed up in a few months.

I honestly doubt it, levelution requires all clients to be synced up with each other not just with numeric damage values and positional tracking, but the entire maps environmental effects.

And since they're not letting levelution go....well....
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:47 pm

I see lots of lag issues being shown/mentioned plus a couple of issues I have noticed (black shadows on map-fixable by doing a 360 degree player spin, & the stupid metro ceiling glitch that needs fixing, but its 1 map n metro bites anyway in my book). I also see some pet hates, rather than broken gameplay  Smile (fair enough but not game fault). But about 90% there is ppl's lag ruining their game, n them getting upset with this, so its in my opinion difficult to blame the game for this..

My biggest issue on XB1 was server searching etc being very 'hit or miss' but they seem to have sorted this out finally.

I can only comment on my experience on XB1 though, may be different on PC etc .....

Note: If you haven't already try turning "network smoothing" down to 0% in the gameplay options  Toast I know you probably have already done this, but thought i'd mention it just in case ;-)
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Original Reapr wrote:I see lots of lag issues being shown/mentioned plus a couple of issues I have noticed (black shadows on map-fixable by doing a 360 degree player spin, & the stupid metro ceiling glitch that needs fixing, but its 1 map n metro bites anyway in my book). I also see some pet hates, rather than broken gameplay Smile (fair enough but not game fault). But about 90% there is ppl's lag ruining their game, n them getting upset with this, so its in my opinion difficult to blame the game for this..

My biggest issue on XB1 was server searching etc being very 'hit or miss' but they seem to have sorted this out finally.

I can only comment on my experience on XB1 though, may be different on PC etc .....

Note: If you haven't already try turning "network smoothing" down to 0% in the gameplay options Toast I know you probably have already done this, but thought i'd mention it just in case ;-)

Yeah, first thing i did was turn net smoothing down. Plus the experience isn't going to change between the platforms, given their relatively uniform hardware. No funny coding needs to be done for the new systems unlike the 360 and PS3.

Pet hates in gameplay? You referring to the active radar weapons that take absolutely no effort at all to use and have no counter? You do know there is absolutely no counter to MBT LAWs right? LAW's do 21 damage each shot and have the shortest reload of all anti-armour weapon. Simply get two people shooting them at one tank and its dead. Sure you don't get the rear damage bonus, but you never miss. Ever. APS doesn't do anything.

Active radar equipped MAA's can sit in their spawn on Golmud and spam those things to kingdom come simply aiming in the general direction of enemy air, so infantry and armour can't get to them because its out of bounds. That to me is broken gameplay, when one single vehicle can achieve total air superiority and remain totally invulnerable. I fly jets a lot, its not fair to have to remain in a constant state of defensive flying because of an incredible imbalance.

This is also the reason why Attack Helos are simply flying coffins. They're slow, don't have enough countermeasures and were only nerfed because bad players had a whinge after BF3, despite the universal availability of Stingers. Two active radar missiles is enough to cause a mobility hit, which 9 times out of 10 tips the helo uncontrollably into the ground.

The lag issue is actually on DICE's end. It wasn't this bad in BF3, i mean it was still there, it always will be on a client side hit detection game, but it wasn't this bad. Happens in every game now on multiple platforms for me.

Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:29 pm

Update out, LAWs, AA and much more fixed. Game running smoother too. Google 4 details, me 2 lazy to add link!

Note: 1.6Gb update yo.
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:00 pm

That's gonna have to be an overnighter with my net speeds.
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:39 pm

Jan 15 Xbox One Game Update Notes

-Various fixes for improving general stability
-Fixed various random deadlocks (the so called “sound loop crash”)
-Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rogue Transmission and Operation Locker
-Fixed issue with player spawning under the map in Lancang Dam
-Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open
-Fixed an occasional bug where players could experience intermittent engine sound dropouts when driving wheeled IFVs
-Fixed camera glitch when switching weapons while moving in crouch
-China Rising: Fixed animation glitch for motorbike passengers ocuring when aiming
-Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons
-Normalized repair rates across all vehicles. Vehicles with lower health points, like aircraft and transport vehicles, now repair more slowly than before
-Fixed a bug where the M1 Abrams Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera
-Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
-Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
-Fixed a bug where players’ rank icons in the scoreboard would not be updated
-Fixed issue with soldier health showing 1 HP in killcard instead of 0 HP
-Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done
-Reduced the risk of single player campaign save file becoming corrupt

Jan 30 Xbox One Game Update Notes

DMR Balance Tweaks
- Increased the damage of all DMRs across all ranges. Specifically, damage has been increased at long ranges to allow three-hit kills against unarmored opponents. Additionally, reduced the penalty to accuracy for sustained DMR fire, allowing more rapid follow up shots in combat. The amount of the damage increase varies from weapon to weapon, according to its intended range, rate of fire, and damage. We will continue to monitor the effectiveness of DMRs in combat, and determine if additional action is needed to make DMRs a viable mid to long range weapon.

Other items
-Significantly reduced the duration of the black screen when spawning in, and fixed the issue with players getting killed before being in-game
-Greatly reduced the risk of crosshairs disappearing, which would also result in hit markers disappearing
-Added a headshot icon on the killcard. This should help identify instances where players are correctly killed by one shot
-Fixed an issue in Squad Deathmatch where the “Win/Lose” text was overlapping
-Fixed an issue with players using an exploit for the SOFLAM
-Fixed an issue with players using an exploit for the MAV
-Fixed the gameplay code to properly track the FOV (Field of View) changes in the options menu
-Fixed an issue where chat would break when entering "false" or "true" in the chat window
-Fixed an out-of-helicopter glitch in Air Superiority where players could spawn on the ground and play as infantry
-Fixed the misaligned crosshairs on the T90 MBT
-Added setting to tweak joystick dead zone
-Various minor crash fixes
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:06 pm

Yeah, only got one game in this morning but they definitely fixed something. Personally think the DMR's didn't need a buff AT ALL, so its going to be pshfield 4 from here on in, but many of my technical gripes have been addressed such as the black screen on spawn.

Still going to test the netcode further, but from my small time this morning it seemed markedly improved. Rubberbanding also was seemingly eliminated on the PS4, which makes a HUGE difference.

edit: Eh, after a couple of weeks its....okay. Still many rubberbanding issues on PS4, but i think thats more to do with EA's insistence on not restarting them as often as they should be. Its not perfect, but at least its playable.

Last edited by Envy The Best on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next