OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHEEL RACERS [FORZA 4]

+2
Paul
Reaps
6 posters

Go down

WHEEL RACERS [FORZA 4] Empty WHEEL RACERS [FORZA 4]

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:07 pm

!!!WHEEL RACERS [FORZA 4] FACEBOOK GROUP!!!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/351048721648532/

We are currently a small group of Forza Motorsport 4 players out to promote
and expand our Facebook group created specifically to cater towards other
900° Wheel Users. Our members would like to expand the group and seek out
those who are willing to use their wheels in the most realistic way possible.

If you own a wheel that is capable of 900°, are willing to compete with full
Simulation Damage, Steering, no Assists and adjustment of Wheel Degrees
depending on events & cars then join up and help us create a [edit - realistic racing experience] community of equal race drivers!

Once we have a reasonable amount of members, we will begin events and
create Wheel only Leaderboards through the Facebook Group which will be
your home, club and port of call for every event, discussion and photo.

SEE YOU ON THE TRACK!!!

Last edited by D3FCTV on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

WHEEL RACERS [FORZA 4] Empty Re: WHEEL RACERS [FORZA 4]

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:01 pm

Any1?

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:55 pm

wow seems ts too exclusive for the likes of me. sorry my wheel doesnt 900 degree rotate lol ive only got a 'regular' microsoft one .... why not just tell em to come race here if they want some good racing, and if excuses etc r that important to people in this group they could even make fanatec 900 degree wheel only hotlap leaderboards on here.... Smile
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:56 pm

My controller goes 900 degrees when I throw it. Very Happy
Paul
Paul
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:37 pm

Lol @ Paul

@Original Reapr - Mate fair enough but I put together this Group on Facebook because it's a social network where people actually respond to everything and get notified about everything instantly. It makes sense, you can msg each other easily, post up photos easily, there's no coding involved etc etc...

Forums just don't cut it for when you compare the features :p

I also created the group so the people who have 900° wheels could race together in the most simulated way possible. This isn't a matter of what wheel you have, it's a matter of if you have a wheel cable of that degrees then you can race each other with the same level of difficulty.

Your MS Wheel turns to what - 270° degrees? Basically it turns like an F1 car. Because people using 900° have a-lot more to work with, we wouldn't race with someone who uses lower degrees to make it fair on everyone. I have said we do adjust degrees but that's only on racing cars such as DTM etc.

All I'm asking is for people with 900° wheels who want to play in the most hardcore way to join up! You don't like it, don't join - but 9 people (which is our current member list) isn't enough and that's why i constantly wonder where the all the other 900° users are and why they wouldn't want to try and utilise the wheel for what it was built for!? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:05 pm

D3FCTV wrote:
All I'm asking is for people with 900° wheels who want to play in the most hardcore way to join up! You don't like it, don't join - but 9 people (which is our current member list) isn't enough and that's why i constantly wonder where the all the other 900° users are and why they wouldn't want to try and utilise the wheel for what it was built for!? Sad

As a 900 degree wheel user, I can tell you why I am not part of your FB page, and have no interest in competing against others using only 900 degrees. I think Facebook sucks.. yes I have it, and I am members of other groups on there. I find it so restrictive in what you can and can not do. I think Facebook Groups are a very cut down version of a forum. All the things you say are easy to do on FB are IMO just as easy to do here, and I can do a whole heap more here.

Anyway, I am quite happy with the gaming experience I am getting right here... so I will not be poached over, sorry. I will not limit my gaming experience through some naive thought that I am better than someone else simply because of the tools I use.

Last edited by OctarineDream on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : OD is back...)

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:10 pm

Dazza4610 wrote:
D3FCTV wrote:

As a 900 degree wheel user, I can tell you why I am not part of your FB page, and have no interest in competing against others using only 900 degrees. I think Facebook sucks.. yes I have it, and I am members of other groups on there. I find it so restrictive in what you can and can not do. I think Facebook Groups are a very cut down version of a forum. All the things you say are easy to do on FB are IMO just as easy to do here, and I can do a whole heap more here.

Anyway, I am quite happy with the gaming experience I am getting right here... so I will not be poached over, sorry. I will not limit my gaming experience through some naive thought that I am better than someone else simply because of the tools I use.

Daz mate I understand and respect your opinion and choice. I disagree on the whole Facebook vs Forums use-ability but that's my opinion against yours - they are both valid and personal choice.

The group was created to entice people into using their 900° wheels in the most simulated way possible on Forza. I'm not forcing people to race like that 'all the time' but I would like to be able to play the game with some people who would like to play as realistically as I do and the group is just that, when we want the full simulated events they are there.

When I created this thread and got no response be it negative or positive I asked 'any1' because I just wanted to know who was up for it. The fact that you replied has notified me of your thoughts on the group and that's great so I thank you for that.

What I don't like is when people get all defensive over their play style against mine or throw out smart### comments because they don't like the way I play or think it's a stupid idea - I don't take the piss out of people because they play with a controller or use a microsoft wheel, however constructive criticism is great and I don't mind having a debate now and then ;p

I guess if there was a hardcore mode on Forza I'd be happy!

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:55 pm

D3FCTV wrote:
All I'm asking is for people with 900° wheels who want to play in the most hardcore way to join up!

I guess I'm a little confused. Do you want people with wheels capable of 900 degrees, or players who only use 900 degrees? What makes it more 'Hardcore' over say 560 degrees? Not meaning to start any arguments just interested.

BTW I also have a 900 deg capable wheel, but I don't care about what other people race with. Use a controller for all I care. I purchased the thing not so I could race with wheel users only, I bought it cause it's heaps of fun for me to drive with it.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Zabbey21 Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:50 pm

You've got to remember that buying and maintaining a good 900 degree wheel can be quite expensive. I for one do not own a wheel of any sort because the pricing is just beyond what I can afford. Not meaning to start any sort of arguments, but as far as I know there are no controller only groups of racers who don't allow people to use wheels, and it just seems a little bit weird to put up on a controller dominated forum asking all the wheel users to race without most of the guys they know and respect on this forum.

I wish you the best of luck with your group, mate.
Zabbey21
Zabbey21
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:20 pm

crimson eagle73 wrote:
D3FCTV wrote:
All I'm asking is for people with 900° wheels who want to play in the most hardcore way to join up!

I guess I'm a little confused. Do you want people with wheels capable of 900 degrees, or players who only use 900 degrees? What makes it more 'Hardcore' over say 560 degrees? Not meaning to start any arguments just interested.

BTW I also have a 900 deg capable wheel, but I don't care about what other people race with. Use a controller for all I care. I purchased the thing not so I could race with wheel users only, I bought it cause it's heaps of fun for me to drive with it.

Fair point and yes I'm looking to race with other peeps who have 900° wheels and regardless of what degrees they use, I would like to race with them also using 900°. I guess when I say hardcore I mean as realistic as possible - for instance road cars have a lock of 900° and above, most race cars use 540° lock (not 100% on that) and so I like to play the game with that sense of real world comparison.

I can't tell you that 560° is better then 900° but if you think about it logically - the less degrees you use, the less work you have to do in terms of turning the wheel etc etc, so 900° can be quite difficult to tame and especially when the car steps out on you with Simulation Steering on. But I could be wrong.

I also bought the wheel for fun and I use it for that but I also take it to the next level by bumping up the realism and difficulty when I get the opportunity. Just wish I had some other guys to race with on the same level of realism.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:39 pm

Zabbey21 wrote:You've got to remember that buying and maintaining a good 900 degree wheel can be quite expensive. I for one do not own a wheel of any sort because the pricing is just beyond what I can afford. Not meaning to start any sort of arguments, but as far as I know there are no controller only groups of racers who don't allow people to use wheels, and it just seems a little bit weird to put up on a controller dominated forum asking all the wheel users to race without most of the guys they know and respect on this forum.

I wish you the best of luck with your group, mate.

All good mate, I understand that completely - it is an expensive piece of equipment! I'm not trying to bring people over to the dark-side or anything :p ...and for all the wheel users on here that do race with controller users - kudos to them because it isn't easy!

I myself play with the controller and play the game with other people on controllers, I sometimes play with the wheel against controller users but it can be a huge challenge. I don't always use the wheel in the most simulated way possible, I race with people who hate simulation steering, I race with people who want some assists on - I'm happy to do that! But it would be nice for some people to race with me on their wheels with that full realism.

The group isn't their to take people away from their everyday driving experience with Forza, It's there to promote the most realistic way to play the game with a 900º wheel. I mean if your a wheel user and love playing with controller users with 270° then do that, and then maybe when your up for a race with the 'Wheel Racers' group, jump on in and hit up one of the events. It's nothing different from organising an event on here and making restrictions on cars and assists etc.

I want to make it clear that I'm not forcing people to join the group and then telling them they 'have' to play the game that way all the time! If it's coming across like that then I need to change up how I'm promoting the group.

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:08 pm

Sounds cool - I'd probably give it a go, but my old MS Wheel doesn't quite cut it (and given that the paddles don't work, getting shifting to work is enough of a challenge).
If/when Fanatec finally get an Australian store (Pagnian start stocking them) I might be upgrading, so perhaps for FM5? :-)

Chris (OD)
OctarineDream
OctarineDream
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:44 pm

OctarineDream wrote:Sounds cool - I'd probably give it a go, but my old MS Wheel doesn't quite cut it (and given that the paddles don't work, getting shifting to work is enough of a challenge).
If/when Fanatec finally get an Australian store (Pagnian start stocking them) I might be upgrading, so perhaps for FM5? :-)

Chris (OD)

I bought my whole setup through www.simparts.co.nz and they had great prices compared to Pagnian. The customer service was great and the shipping was free! Check em out ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down