OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What music do you play?

3 posters

Go down

What music do you play? Empty What music do you play?

Post by Goomf Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:42 am

OZFM sounds like a radio station.

Greetings all. Goomf's the name and bad jokes are my game. Sorry in advance. jocolor

I'm a long time member of what's essentially an old people's home for gamers called MOJO. One of the lads there put me onto you lot and here I am.

My gaming is dominated by MW3, Forza 4, and a side order of UNO (and don't I get hassled for that last one Embarassed ). Forza only holds my interest with competitions going on with like minded drivers who try their best to race cleanly/fairly but also realise that sometimes there needs to be a bit of rubbing at times or it doesn't feel like proper racing. No blocking, no ramming, and good communication between drivers.

Last night was the Final Round of the 2nd comp I had organised within the creaky walls of MOJO. It was a lot of work at times but I loved it. We never completely had a full grid although we had about 20 or so drivers involved of different skill levels. I was normally lower middle. Unfortunately or fortunately, there isn't quite the committed driver pool to warrant another series and the work that goes into it which is why I'm here. I'm sure some of the more committed drivers from there will probably make their way over here as well. One of those lads who had recently joined us said he used to race here back in Forza 3 days and said you're a good lot. We'll see... Laughing

Anyway, I might take a short breather from racing (overall the MOJO comps have run for a good half year almost straight) but just wanted to say hello. I'll get the itch really soon though I know. More importantly it'll be good to just race for a bit (when I finally do) and leave the organisation to someone else. Very Happy I'm sure at some stage I'll be keen to help out on that front if it's ever needed/wanted.

Cheers,
Goomf

P.S. Sorry for the long winded intro.
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

What music do you play? Empty Re: What music do you play?

Post by iWolf Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:26 am

g'day young fella.

OZFM does sound like a radio call sign and there is an OZFM radio, but as you can see - thats not us. We actually had an internet radio station linked to the forum for a while. Called "Big Stick Radio" built and run by Harry Highpants, one of our members. Played some great (and other) music, with forum info and interviews as well. A pity he had to wind it up to concentrate on another project.

At OZFM we try to provide clean competitive racing thats fun as well. And you'll notice that theres plenty of discussion about that from time to time. Anyway I hope you get involved and get racing with us. There are always series and other events running so hopefully you find something you like.
Send me a FR when you're ready and we'll help you get sorted.

I'd be happy to see some more guys from MOJO as well, we could maybe run a mature age or seniors event, which would fit well for me and a few others around the place.

cheers
iWolf
iWolf
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:11 am

HIya Goomf
WELCOME ! HOPE YA GET TO EXPERIENCE SOME OF OUR EVENTS, WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE IM SURE YOU'LL ENJOY THEM

woops caps attack there!

PS Uno rocks
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:21 am

Laughing Thanks fellas. I'm half deaf from playing in a band so caps are fine. rockband

I've been having a good read of everything and I like how you've set things up and your approach to it all. Very well done. Pity about the radio though. Sounds like it really added to the place with I'm guessing some post championship interviews with the star racers of OZFM.

Even though I said I'd probably take a breather, the more I read the more juiced I get so I think I'll probably get stuck in where I can. I was looking at the V8 comp which looks like it has one round to go. I don't suppose there's room for one more or would that disrupt the current series? If the latter I understand. The Nomination thread appears to be locked (unless I'm just retarded) so I couldn't post anything there. Our last round was actually V8's on Road America (3 x 9 laps) so I'm down with the car and track. I'm also okay to drive with or without assists depending where there might be a spot. We were at R3 739 and I was managing at best around 2.12 if that's any indication.
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:19 am

iWolf wrote:we could maybe run a mature age or seniors event, which would fit well for me and a few others around the place.

Just sent you a FR mate, and by the looks of your av I'm guessing the 51 is your age or your DOB. Either way you've made me feel young. Razz

I don't know if you've ever run one but you could have an event where car choice is determined by your birth year. Pity the original Batmobile isn't in the series. Neutral
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:05 pm

Goomf wrote:
iWolf wrote:we could maybe run a mature age or seniors event, which would fit well for me and a few others around the place.

Just sent you a FR mate, and by the looks of your av I'm guessing the 51 is your age or your DOB. Either way you've made me feel young. Razz

I don't know if you've ever run one but you could have an event where car choice is determined by your birth year. Pity the original Batmobile isn't in the series. Neutral

DOB, but I'm not the oldest round here. Rinkly is 74 and going strong, though we haven't heard much from him lately.

Do we have any '51 models in FM4?
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:49 am

74? Sensational.

Closest for you I could find was the 1952 Hudson Hornet. What a beast. Can you do a good Paul newman impression to go along with it? My son would love it. Laughing
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:21 am

Goomf wrote:74? Sensational.

Closest for you I could find was the 1952 Hudson Hornet. What a beast. Can you do a good Paul newman impression to go along with it? My son would love it. Laughing
Sorry mate, I sometimes do a reasonable impression of an old grumpy, but thats about all.

Ahh, the Hornet, what a classic, it takes me back to my grandchildhood at the movies.
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down