OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello fellow Forza Fans

5 posters

Go down

Hello fellow Forza Fans Empty Hello fellow Forza Fans

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:53 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm another member from Adelaide - but my name's not Ivan - it's Gary. And before the hazing begins, I know my Gamertag and Avatar are lame and the o's and x's aren't hugs and kisses (they're naughts and crosses!) but I've been reading the various threads and know that you have accepted a lot of other members from my humble town and hope that you can overlook my drab profile.

I have to thank Rico BanderezAU because it was his post on the Forza Forums that led me to this community.

The club's weekly events and casual racing appeal to me (I haven't done much drifting or drag racing). I've played Forza since the first one but didn't really get hooked until I started doing Class A Tournaments in Forza2, in the meantime my Forza3 disc just gathered dust. I bought Forza4 only a month ago and am just getting into the Rival Mode races. I like to experiment with tunes but I'm no expert. I'm a member of a Forza4 club but it's not what I would describe as an 'active' club. So I'm really excited about the prospect of meeting some new friends and doing some clean racing (& in Aussie timezones).

I've enjoyed reading about the adventures of Rachel Revhard and many of the other threads on the forum. I'm a mature aged gamer so I have no problem with obeying the forum and racing rules and conditions and I think my experience with doing Forza2 tournaments helped me be a better (and a respectful) driver.

I also enjoy other driving games (TDU, Dirt etc) and off the xbox I follow the Formula1 races, watch Bathurst each year and the occassional V8Supercar and WRC races.

Would it be too early to dive into a series event ? (the JDM Series would be right up my alley) or would it be best to just start off with some casual races?

Look forward to racing with you.

Gary.

Back to top Go down

Hello fellow Forza Fans Empty Re: Hello fellow Forza Fans

Post by Rinkly Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:11 pm

Don't think anyone would mind if you tuned a car
according to the spec's for JDM,and joined in tommorow night.
Wellcome to another S.A. member.
From rinkly...you prob came across me on your troll on the forum.
Rinkly
Rinkly
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:11 pm

The JDM night is pretty casual anyway. Nothing too serious. Just trying to keep it clean.Smile

Link to it HERE
Dektra
Dektra
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:29 pm

Thanks Rinkly and Dektra, I'll put a post on the sign up page. In the meantime could someone confirm what time the event starts and what I need to do to get into the lobby. Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:34 pm

As it's my series i should probable chuck it up haha
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by Waffelz Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:26 am

welcome mate, another Radelaidian in the mix Wink
Waffelz
Waffelz
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:07 am

Welcome to OZFM Gary.

Looks like we don't need to tell you too much about the forum, seems you've read it all, lol.

Hope you enjoy being a member and get into some racing with our crew.

cheers
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:53 am

Xo GreyCoat oX wrote:
I'm another member from Adelaide - but my name's not Ivan - it's Gary.

Mine is!

Welcome mate, good to see another SA Great member....

but, its not your name that's important in Adelaide, its where you live!

Rinkly lives way south, so he keeps out of everybody's way and Wafflelz live north, so dont drive in the hills around "One Tree Hill" cos that's where the lad drifts on weekends!

RU
RU four 86
RU four 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:16 am

Thanks for the welcome guys, I raced with Dektra and the boys last night for the first time - a well run lobby with a bunch of great guys with a good sense of humour. Good fun (apart from the xbox live update interruptions).

RU four 86 (I'm glad someone got the Ivan reference) - thanks for the warning about One Tree Hill, I grew up in Salisbury so have actually been up that road a few times. I've lived in the Western Suburbs (near Arndale Shopping Ctr) since I was married so thankfully I'm far enough away from Waffelz's drifting to not smell the burning rubber! We're pretty much the same age Ivan, so I'll look forward to catching up with you (and lots of the other guys) on the track sometime.

Gary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down