OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi there.

5 posters

Go down

Hi there.  Empty Hi there.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Hi there. My name is Ivan and I am from Adelaide. How everyone finding the community so far. Glad to become a part of it and looking forward to doing some racing with you guys.

A bit about my sim racing history. Got hooked on racing by doing lots of split screed action with my mate over couple of drinks on the NFS Underground and Underground 2 back in 2005 - 2006. Forza was the next move for me. Have played a bit of the 1st one and then dag into it on the FM3.

Tried the GT5 and played it for a while, however not having the cockpit view in any majority cars that I liked killed it for me so ended up giving away my PS3 that I got purely for GT5 to my girlfriends brother...talking about waist of money... lol

Got myself a sh..ty Madcatz MC2 wheel about 2 years ago as could not get my hands on anything better... was a good start tho (night and day compare to racing with a controller). Then got myself a cockpit of ebay.

Recently finally upgraded to the Fanatec 911 GT2 with CSR pedals and 911 shifters and could not believe what I was missing out on. Now, I am not greatest racer in the world, however consider myself a serious one and looking at doing some clean races where everyone tries their best and finishes their race. (hate when people leave the race just because they are in the last place)

Anyways look forward to seeing some of you on the track.

Back to top Go down

Hi there.  Empty Re: Hi there.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Hey, just had a quick browse through the site and now too sure where to start... Any pointers/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt HELI Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:41 pm

Welcome Rusky.

Perhaps you could have a browse through the CASUAL EVENTS section and if theres nothing you like there have a look at some of the SERIES EVENTS . If you see something you like then put your name down.

Adding people to your friends list is a good start too. Lots of lads are on most nights.

What a Face
Lt HELI
Lt HELI
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:46 pm

Welcome mate.

I hear there adding Lada in the next DLC
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:54 pm

RUSSIAN_BLOKE wrote:Hey, just had a quick browse through the site and now too sure where to start... Any pointers/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Yeah, change your name lol

We can't have 2 Ivan's from Adelaide now can we!

Welcome Mate.

we've got a casual State of Origin being planned to Start in couple of weeks, and as the guys have said send out a few FR's and keep ya eyes peeled for some casual stuff coming up.

ps: dont forget to have a read of the CoC Here

RU

Last edited by RU four 86 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
RU four 86
RU four 86
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt HELI Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:07 pm

I think you mean CoC... obey the CoC!!! Laughing
Lt HELI
Lt HELI
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:15 pm

Lt HELI wrote:I think you mean CoC... obey the CoC!!! Laughing

fixed, lol

RU
RU four 86
RU four 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:29 pm

Thanks for the info guys. Are you another Ivan here RU four 86?

CoC is a given for me as its exactly what I am looking for, if that makes any sence Smile

As for the races, I wanted to do something where everyone is on the same terms assists wise, and very preferably none, besides the clutch I guess.

How and what do you guys race?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:31 pm

Oh, and another thing, i see OZFM as FM4 club, is that something I could join or you have to earn the spot. I see you have some licenses on here... ?

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:43 pm

RUSSIAN_BLOKE wrote:Are you another Ivan here RU four 86?

Im not just another Ivan, Im the worst kind!, just ask anyone here!

RUSSIAN_BLOKE wrote:As for the races, I wanted to do something where everyone is on the same terms assists wise, and very preferably none, besides the clutch I guess.

How and what do you guys race?

We race all different specs all the time, depending on what type of series is being run. A lot of Guys use fanatec wheels including myself (GT2). But as a forum, we cater for all types, assists or no assists. I guess the bottom line is that we all respect each other on and off the track!

RUSSIAN_BLOKE wrote:Oh, and another thing, i see OZFM as FM4 club, is that something I could join or you have to earn the spot. I see you have some licenses on here... ?

Yep, most of the OZFM Licence stuff you can read up Here
RU four 86
RU four 86

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Hey mate,

welcome to OZFM. Now this IS getting confusing.
we already have an Ivan from Adelaide (RU four 86) and he's an old hand but might lead you astray. So watch out for him Wink
And we have/had a ruskovski (ruski) as well.
Might have to call you BLOKE, we'll work something out eventually.

Assists allowed usually depend on event rules decided by the organiser. Some of our players like using braking line, others need/prefer TC in some car categories. Mostly comes down to personal preference, experience and skill. You'll find most series events we have qualifying runs so guys end up racing with others of similar speed rather than concentrating on assists used. We end up with some good close racing that way.

The licence system is a new idea we brought in just this month, you're CASUAL for now. You can get promotion to GENERAL licence by racing in some casual events and getting endorsement for your driving conduct (its more about racing to the CoC than being fastest) from 6 other players who you race with and already have a GENERAL licence, and you need to be a member for at least a month before you can make the jump.

We can send you an invite to the OZFM car club if you'd like to join.

You'll find most admin type info in the OZFM Admin thread, just Click on this link

Like the guys said, check around the forum and line up for some events. That'll get you started and hope fully you'll enjoy racing with us.

cheers

iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:21 pm

Hey, sorry for the late reply lads. Thanks for helping out the newbie, appreciate it. Will be trying to make it to the Casual Thursday if the work thing allows...not sure whether will be able to make it home before the start.

I hear there adding Lada in the next DLC

Like that is going to be a great addition to the game... I bet its going to be 'Kalina' too. In a real live, the car is a joke... I guess FM4 doesnt have a random breakdown simulation so you will actually make it through the race... lol.

Whilst this rant of mine brought us here, what are you favourite production cars in the game?

One Ive had a great pleasure with recently was the Ferrari GTO...

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt HELI Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:18 am

I like driving cars for pleasure that sound good...

- Pretty much all the V8 chevrolets.
- Ford Mach1 Mustang, nothing sound quite so beasty at idle with the sub-woofer turned up... most of the muscle cars from any make too.
- The 2 free DLC Hyundai race cars have an epic exhaust note.
- The R1 class Ferrari has quite a wail.
Lt HELI
Lt HELI
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:15 am

Cant agree with you more about the classic v8 muscle cars, they are fantastic. Love the Mustang Cobra, what a beast of a car, and being a roadster with no roof the sounds for the car are quite unique....

Back to top Go down

Post by XYvSTUvYX Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:33 am

Hey welcome I'm always organizing events or racing online just shoot us an FR ... JP vs EU vs US series is joinable at the moment racing 9pm Monday night
XYvSTUvYX
XYvSTUvYX

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:07 pm

Hey mate, i tried adding you but it says GT doesn't exist - Send me a FR if your keen for some racing
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:31 pm

Hey mate, i tried adding you but it says GT doesn't exist - Send me a FR if your keen for some racing

Hey, just checked on the details and found that there is no underscore in my gamer tag which I thought there was... Rolling Eyes I fixed that us on the Forum and sent you a FR. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:47 pm

RUSSIAN_BLOKE wrote:

Hey, just checked on the details and found that there is no underscore in my gamer tag which I thought there was... Rolling Eyes I fixed that us on the Forum and sent you a FR. Wink

I found that out when I sent you the OZFM club invite. Thought you'd made a typo on forum and would notice it eventually. And guess what - you did. Smile
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:05 pm

Lol. I use this tag for many other subscriptions, usernames etc and you always have to alter it to suit the site specifications...grrr getting confused what is what every time I try to log in somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum