OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well....

5 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well.... Empty [RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well....

Post by Envy The Best Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:28 pm

....until the wired headset socked seemed to have some issues, producing massive feedback. So i bought a wireless headset, and the wheel and headset can't bond on the same profile, making the exercise useless.

Curious to know whether anyone else has done the same thing and what they did to fix it.

Last edited by Envy The Best on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well.... Empty Re: [RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well....

Post by original skin Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:37 pm

Which wheel do you have?

I use a GT2 with a MS wireless headset without any issues.

original skin
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well.... Empty Re: [RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well....

Post by feralcobra Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:06 pm

Envy The Best wrote:....until the wired headset socked seemed to have some issues, producing massive feedback. So i bought a wireless headset, and the wheel and headset can't bond on the same profile, making the exercise useless.

Curious to know whether anyone else has done the same thing and what they did to fix it.
i got the 911 turbo s wheel and csr pedals before forza 4 came out so i was using it with forza 3 and had my turtle beach head set pluged into it and no problems now with forza 4 i am having the issue of my mic seems to be amplified so bad that all my mates that i race with tell me to unplug it so i am now using the wireless head set with no problems i did try the xbox head set but its so quiet i cant hear anyone. have you tried to set it up with the controler first then try it with the wheel .
feralcobra
feralcobra
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:07 pm

ive got the same wheel, with a wired headset. ive got no issues at all.
mcrow5
mcrow5
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by feralcobra Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:20 pm

mcrow5 wrote:ive got the same wheel, with a wired headset. ive got no issues at all.
i might have to get online some time with you and compare settings
feralcobra
feralcobra
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:34 pm

Aaaaaaaand i've fixed it. The bolt that goes beneath the headset plug must have been too tight or knocked some wires loose. Removed it, tightened the other three and its fine.

And i wasted 50 bucks for nothing....oh well...

original skin wrote:Which wheel do you have?

Turbo S, and if you could also answer the following question down below that would be helpful.

feralcobra wrote:
iso i am now using the wireless head set with no problems i did try the xbox head set but its so quiet i cant hear anyone. have you tried to set it up with the controler first then try it with the wheel .

How did you get the wireless headset working? It keeps assigning itself player 2, even if P2 isn't signed in or has a controller, and yes i was switching between a controller and the Turbo.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 pm

I too have this setup, and all works fine. Did not do anything special, it just worked.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:57 pm

Perhaps its a perk of the GT2 over the Turbo?
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:59 pm

will it pair with a controller on player 1. If so set it up like that, then while the controller and headset are working together, take out the batteries of the controller and start up the wheel.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:03 am

Dazza4610 wrote:will it pair with a controller on player 1. If so set it up like that, then while the controller and headset are working together, take out the batteries of the controller and start up the wheel.

Ok i'll give that a go, basically i just turned off the controller and turned on the wheel and expected it to work...

edit: On another note...
http://www.fanatecwheel.com/news/inverted-csp-mount-playseats-now-available

...that looks interesting, pity it won't fit on the frame...

Last edited by Envy The Best on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:04 am

Pull the batteries out of the controller, do not turn it off the normal way holding the guide button.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by feralcobra Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:04 pm

Envy The Best wrote:Aaaaaaaand i've fixed it. The bolt that goes beneath the headset plug must have been too tight or knocked some wires loose. Removed it, tightened the other three and its fine.

And i wasted 50 bucks for nothing....oh well...

Turbo S, and if you could also answer the following question down below that would be helpful.

feralcobra wrote:
iso i am now using the wireless head set with no problems i did try the xbox head set but its so quiet i cant hear anyone. have you tried to set it up with the controler first then try it with the wheel .

How did you get the wireless headset working? It keeps assigning itself player 2, even if P2 isn't signed in or has a controller, and yes i was switching between a controller and the Turbo.

i just turned my head set on and it worked i have now taken back my 911 wheel to jb hgi fi as half way through a race the up shift paddle would stop working so i would have to pull over to the side turn it off and restart then all good till the next time 1 or 2 laps later was shitting me so i am hoping this has fixed my issue with the turttle beach head set Sad
feralcobra
feralcobra
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down