OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need help with a purchase.

+5
TEEROY 34
Sleuth 101
JamieWhincup#1
mad DANNO 29
FrankTank
9 posters

Go down

I need help with a purchase.  Empty I need help with a purchase.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi all.

I need some advice...

I'm really keen for a wheel setup for forza, and would like to have at least some plans in my head before forza 4 comes out. I've done a bit of research, and correct me if i'm wrong but, seems that Fanatec wheels are the best way to go???

So... Where do you buy them? I've been on e bay and they have only got ones for PC and PS3, i tried EB Games and the guy had never heard of them, and also could not order them in. Their website also seems as if they don't supply Australia, unless the Aussie website is hiding somewhere?

Also... Do i need to spend the big bucks to get the full experience, I have not used a wheel really at all, except a Logitech one on PS2 ages ago. I did like it but found it rather tricky...

Advice...

Pender89.

Back to top Go down

I need help with a purchase.  Empty Re: I need help with a purchase.

Post by FrankTank Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:11 pm

Hey Pender

You're definitely right in that Fanatec are the top of the line as far as XBOX compatible wheels go. There are two new Fanatec wheels that are due for release around the end of the year.

Have a look at our sponsors website - click on the link on the right hand side of the page.... Pagnian are the official Australian distributor for Fanatec gear.

Using a wheel definitely takes some getting used to, but I would recommend the time investment... I personally think that it takes the experience to a whole new level.
FrankTank
FrankTank
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:14 pm

Ya beat me to it Frank

See the ad on the right hand side....next to your post......click it

or CLICK HERE

OZFM's official sponsor is Pagnian Imports, who are the Australian distributor of Fanatec products

Last edited by mad DANNO 29 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Got beaten by Frank :))
mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:32 pm

I bought a GT2 and I hardly even use it. I just can't put up with frustration of how slow it makes me over the controller. If was in the position to buy one again I more than likely wouldn't. But thats just me Very Happy

Anyways the GT2 is a good looking & well built wheel with plenty of adjustable options. But the most impressive part is the CSPs. They are just awsome Smile
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:58 pm

Definatley go with a wheel imo, it makes the game ie forza so much better not to mention F1 is excellent, F1 2011 released tomoz???

Takes a bit to get used to and at first you will be slower but times will pick up you just gotta perserver with it and not worry about lap times and where you think you should be in the overall rankings of things, end of the day its more enjoyable and you get alot more out of the game with the sense of achievement of being a 'wheel man'.

I have a feeling Forza 4 will be even better with a wheel than past games, and you will get even more out of the game and simulation experience.

Wish I had consintently used the wheel alot more than what I did to start with, and really looking at upgrading my MS wheel for a fanatec once the newer versions are released, personally I dont want a clutch pedal so waiting and seeing what the options are or if I can take of the clutch pedal from the fanatec clubsport pedals, and just use the button as a clutch instead, with clutch pedal removed completly, any one know if this is possible?
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:31 pm

Not too sure if we get a sponsors discount???
Hmm,,,, anyone?
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:37 pm

JamieWhincup#1 wrote:I bought a GT2 and I hardly even use it. I just can't put up with frustration of how slow it makes me over the controller. If was in the position to buy one again I more than likely wouldn't. But thats just me Very Happy

Anyways the GT2 is a good looking & well built wheel with plenty of adjustable options. But the most impressive part is the CSPs. They are just awsome Smile

Toughen up Clarkson. Razz Read on, more to say below.

Pender I'm another Fanatec GT2 wheel + clubsport pedal user, you'll find heaps of info around the forum about the gear. Agree with above comments. The wheel isn't perfect, but its a high end product that is the best xbox wheel I've used. I had a Microsoft wheel for 2 years before that.

As for a wheel being faster or slower than a controller. I think you'll find there are very fast players using both. I think the thing that makes the difference is the player and his ability.
If you're switching controller for wheel (clarkson) or vice versa, specially after using one for a long time and getting good at it, be prepared to be a lot slower initially. You have to allow that you're used to the old way and the new way is very different. Its up to the player and how they want to play the game. I love the wheel and pedals, its much like controlling a real car and makes for a great racing experience. Its the players choice.

I don't think Pagnian's sponsorship goes as far as giving our members a discount.
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:46 pm

Sleuth 101 wrote:really looking at upgrading my MS wheel for a fanatec once the newer versions are released, personally I dont want a clutch pedal so waiting and seeing what the options are or if I can take of the clutch pedal from the fanatec clubsport pedals, and just use the button as a clutch instead, with clutch pedal removed completly, any one know if this is possible?

Word is that the new xbox/Forza specific Fanatec wheels may be a long time coming to OZ.
Fanatec can be slow getting gear out to the market place and Pagnian only import limited numbers. No guarantee they'll get the new wheels. Though I suspect that they will.

Sleuth, If you're clever enough you could surely mod the clubsport pedals to remove the clutch pedal and reconfigure the set for accelerator and brake only. The FM3 clutch still works from the "A" button as well as the pedal when you use the fanatec GT2 wheel.
Maybe if we're lucky, we'll be able to re-map button functions in FM4 as well.
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:00 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I've been on the Pagnian website it appears that at the moment they only have the seemingly base model Carera wheel. I've watched some reviews on it, id prefer something a little more up market.

Any ideas why they don't have the GT2 or the 911 Turbo S wheel???
Or where i could acquire one???

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:07 pm

Remapping buttons would be cool... maybe clarkson would dust off his GT2 if he could make the A button the horn Smile I know I would love to.

I too have the GT2, and love it. I came from the M$ wheel, and it was still a lot to get used to, no idea how clarkson will overcome this, although he is very skilled. Starting out Forza 4 with the GT2 would be much like starting all over again for most of us as the game physics have changed.

When I win the GT Xtreme, I will have it all... Forza 4, GT2 and the GTEtreme. oh maybe I could get a ButtKicker next.

Send Hess from Pagnian an email, or jump on his FaceBook. He may know when he will get some more GT2s.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:18 pm

Pender89 wrote:Thanks for the replies.

I've been on the Pagnian website it appears that at the moment they only have the seemingly base model Carera wheel. I've watched some reviews on it, id prefer something a little more up market.

Any ideas why they don't have the GT2 or the 911 Turbo S wheel???
Or where i could acquire one???

GT2 must have sold out at Pagnian. The Tubos S was a limited production run in 2009-2010. Has been out of stock with Fanatec and Pagnian for a looong time.

Gamesmen and JB HiFi were still selling the Turbo S clubsport package in the past few days. Check their online shops if you're interested.

Note: Only the GT2 and Turbo S are xbox compatible. The carrera and GT3 are PC and PS3 only.
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankTank Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:57 pm

At the risk of upsetting our sponsors...

If they're out of stock at Pagnian you may have to look over the ditch. I'm reasonably certain that .Simparts NZ still has stock of the GT2s, as they got only received their first shipment of GT2s a couple of months ago.
FrankTank
FrankTank
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:51 am

Cool thanks guys i'll check it all out.

Pender.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:28 pm

JamieWhincup#1 wrote:I bought a GT2 and I hardly even use it. I just can't put up with frustration of how slow it makes me over the controller. If was in the position to buy one again I more than likely wouldn't. But thats just me Very Happy

sorry to hear about that whincup i did pass the info on being slower to a few racing people but the feel is awesome and far outweighs the times

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi All!!!

Though i would some opinions on a price i saw today.

I was in JB Hi Fi today, and they have a bran-new in the box Fanatec Porsche 911 turbo wheel, with clubsport pedals. No shifter but i think it has paddles on the back.

$499 bucks??? Cheap, Expensive or Normal????

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:16 pm

I'm guessing that's an older style wheel.
Clubsport pedals are the good ones (around $300 by themselves). Personally I prefer the paddles myself, so not too bad.
Interestingly, the online price (through JB) is $200 more, and it says only available online. Weird. But that includes the shifter, so maybe they've knocked $200 off because they don't have shifters? Odd.

For $100 more Pagnian have the latest wheel with clubsport and shifters. Or you can get the cheaper pedals and wheel for $279.

Chris (OD)
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:16 pm

Just a note, you can use the G25/27 series wheels on the 360 using this gadget called a XCM Cross Fire adaptor.

Can't vouch for it though, i haven't used it myself, but it IS possible.

Pender89 wrote:
I was in JB Hi Fi today, and they have a bran-new in the box Fanatec Porsche 911 turbo wheel, with clubsport pedals. No shifter but i think it has paddles on the back.

Indeed i saw the same in store, which surprised me because i've never seen anything fanatec in any store whatsoever.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:49 am

Pender89 wrote:Hi All!!!

Though i would some opinions on a price i saw today.

$499 bucks??? Cheap, Expensive or Normal????

I was in JB yesterday buying games and talking to one the sales guys about racing games and hardware. He was trying to sell me a wheel and race seat until I told him I've already got a GT2, lol.

@pender, that $499 fanatec wheel + clubsport pedals is listed in the current JB gaming catalogue.
The pic looks like a Turbo S wheel BUT the catalogue says "PS3 and PC compatible".
If you decide you're interested READ THE FINE PRINT and make sure you find out what model the wheel is and whether its Xbox compatible. That is if you want to use it on an xbox. Rolling Eyes
If it is xbox compatible as well, then its a steal.

One other snippet the sales guy dropped is that they're expecting Microsoft to bring out a new wheel in addition to the wireless "mario" wheel. No info on the wheel or when it might be available.
I've expected they'd do this some time, probably for release of FM4, because there just aren't any half decent reasonably prices wheels available right now.
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:34 am

Hi, just for info...
I just purchased one the Turbo S sets from JB for $499.
It is a complete serialised (limited edition) Turbo S wheel with Club Sport Pedals. Fully XBOX, PC and PS3 compatible (i've tried it on all 3, though XBOX is my preferred).
Only thing missing is the shifter set, which you can get from Pangian for about $80. But yep, the wheel has pedal shifters.
It totally rocks!
An absolute bargain, the pedals alone are worth nearly $400.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum