OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G'day All

3 posters

Go down

G'day All  Empty G'day All

Post by Iggsy81 Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:41 pm

Hi all,

First time posting. I have actually been aware of OZFM for some time but not really joined or raced here before. But i am now looking at perhaps participating. I'm only a casual player (ie, i race with automatic transmission) so i think the v8 series might be a bit much for me? But i was looking at the Club events ? I believe that is perhaps more geared towards people like me that use some assists ?

I've read the 20 post intro forum rule thingy. Is there anything else i need to do? I'm confused by the "licences" ? So i would appreciate any general pointers on how i go about these first steps.

Cheers !
Iggy
Iggsy81
Iggsy81
L-Plater

Back to top Go down

G'day All  Empty Re: G'day All

Post by Iggsy81 Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:57 pm

Can i ask too, do the different licence types all race together or are there individual lobbies? Maybe i could do the v8 series in the amateur class if different ?

Cheers !
Iggsy81
Iggsy81
L-Plater

Back to top Go down

Post by vizzN Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi Iggsy,

I'm only new myself but the first thing you need to do is head over to: https://ozfm.darkbb.com/t4883-coms-racing-license-and-number-registry

^to get your race license and number registered.

Then once COMS update that for you, you can sign on for events such as the V8 Supercars XI: https://ozfm.darkbb.com/t4912-v8-series-xi-sign-up

Go through the forums and have a read - that will answer all your other questions Smile
vizzN
vizzN
L-Plater

Back to top Go down

Post by Neilo05 Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:09 pm

Iggsy81 wrote:Hi all,

First time posting.  I have actually been aware of OZFM for some time but not really joined or raced here before.  But i am now looking at perhaps participating.  I'm only a casual player (ie, i race with automatic transmission) so i think the v8 series might be a bit much for me?  But i was looking at the Club events ?  I believe that is perhaps more geared towards people like me that use some assists ?

I've read the 20 post intro forum rule thingy.  Is there anything else i need to do?  I'm confused by the "licences"  ?  So i would appreciate any general pointers on how i go about these first steps.

Cheers !
Iggy

Hi and welcome. To answer your questions - as you are currently racing with an automatic transmission the Amateur licence class is for you. Head over to the COMS licence area and have a read then post relevant info and we will process your request.

If you want to join the V8 series you will have to 1st post for your licence then post into the V8 signup area. All classes race together but are split into 3 different lobbies based on the just completed qualifying round. As you have missed this if you enter into the V8 series you will be in the 3rd lobby which will consist of mainly Amateur and Pro-Am racers.

Besides all that there is a new series for Amateur and Pro-Am drivers only in the club car series run over 4 weeks. Check it out.

WoodyLizard
COMS official
Neilo05
Neilo05
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down