OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OZFM V8 Series X - General Discussion

+13
Mitch
Goomf
surferofthemind
JamieWhincup#1
MadRacer38
XYvSTUvYX
Diilusion
hillcrest
Dektra
CosmicChimera
Evil xr 1200
Nick Bear
ThresholdAU
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

OZFM V8 Series X - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: OZFM V8 Series X - General Discussion

Post by Goomf Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:38 am

Thanks for the differences Mitch. l actually think because of that you shouldn't be allowed to change. Some may prefer one over the other depending on track and then you'd possibly have people chopping and changing to suit and that doesn't happen in real racing...that I'm aware of.

I say all this of course because I"m sticking with my original choice Cool

Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

OZFM V8 Series X - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: OZFM V8 Series X - General Discussion

Post by sempeR Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Falcon turns better, difficult power down. Holden turns okay with supreme power down. My opinions Smile

sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:24 pm

Gotta say this is a little sad. From pushing into a 3rd lobby at the start of the comp to just getting 1.5 lobbies happening...maybe. Why the loss of interest on the biggest and best series this place runs?
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:07 am

It's a long series, so I suppose people get bored, don't like Forza anymore, circumstances change, or some guys get sick of some dogey racing or lag. It's the nature of the beast.
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:16 am

Real pity. I'm really enjoying the format, especially the qualifying one week and the race the next. Not as much pressure to get practise in which can be hard sometimes with family and work.
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 am

Funny, the last two series leaders left.
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:12 am

Are people happy with the qualifying set up for this series? Next series in considering a split Qualifying set up, but a race every week. Qualifying any time from end of race night to Sunday night before next event. Must be completed with a series organiser / admin / mod, with a control car
Dektra
Dektra
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:25 pm

I reckon you'll be putting too much work on yourselves to accommodate everyone. I reckon at most you could organise a 2nd set night (vote on night...don't vote if Tues is already good for you) but you can't requalify if you did poorly on 1st night. Only one session per driver.
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:11 pm

If it is shared between a team then it won't be any more work than what is currently implemented
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:24 pm

Goomf wrote:Why the loss of interest on the biggest and best series this place runs?

For a few, perhaps the term "best series ever" doesn't apply to anything regarding the V8's.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:50 pm

Personally I'd like to see some longer races, but I know everyone isn't a fan of that so what I would suggest is this

Week 1:
Qualifying
Endurance race (length: 45 - 80 minutes)

Week 2:
Race

This would see us do endurance races in the same cars in place of a support series.
The way that it would work is that it would be a separate championship with a different points table to the regular shorter format races. The grid order would be set by the results of the first qualifying session and drivers are free to participate in both or only one
hillcrest
hillcrest
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:46 pm

hillcrest wrote:Personally I'd like to see some longer races, but I know everyone isn't a fan of that so what I would suggest is this

Week 1:
Qualifying
Endurance race (length: 45 - 80 minutes)

Week 2:
Race

This would see us do endurance races in the same cars in place of a support series.
The way that it would work is that it would be a separate championship with a different points table to the regular shorter format races. The grid order would be set by the results of the first qualifying session and drivers are free to participate in both or only one

Decent point....
Perhaps have a second championship the way soccer is set up in Europe (uefa and premier league ect)...two different comps....im in for that.

To the point of lagging.....well we've seen less networking dramas in the last two rounds because the "laggers" have done the right thing by stepping aside...kudos to them.
Do we need to look at introducing criteria in regards to networking performance? Every entrant needs to post speedtest results? Or we hold two test days where it is compulsory to attend at least one of those sessions in order to better understand everyones connection..?! Seems unfair perhaps, yes, but what I and im sure most dont like is the late nights because of the delayed starts...

The last two rounds have been reletively fine but most quali and race rounds before that, races in room 1 started no earlier than 15 mins after the 9pm scheduled start and dramas for the following races that night. Nurburgring race night was FUBAR, 40 mins late...

And if it is obvious that someone isnt committed, then do we need to be "cruel to be kind" and say "no, you are not invited this series unless you are 100% committed to attending because you f#####d us around last series". I can understand one round out of 7 or 8 rounds total (I myself missed out of Silverstone as I went to a bday dinner that went later then expected, then I played taxi....) but I have turned up to every race and quali other than that. I havent done quali and not turned up the next week...orrr some other rubbish excuse but then you find them on a different game....

Im confident now we have filtered out the laggers and time wasters and the remaining lobby-and-a-half will stay as is and enjoy racing for the remaining of the series.
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by RRT_DemoN Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:39 pm

hey guys any chance of jumping in on this series in a bottom room or is it out of the question as i have got the forza bug back

RRT_DemoN
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:55 pm

Get in here
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by RRT_DemoN Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:58 pm

ok dektra will do Smile

RRT_DemoN
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:22 am

Just no Britney Spears
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by RRT_DemoN Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:36 am

nothin beats hit me one more time while racing mate Smile

RRT_DemoN
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil xr 1200 Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:15 pm

That's why I  am no longer racing because of lagging I don't want to f*** some ones race up because my car won't stick to the track.any way all the breast to you all been watching all replays that are been posted good job Goomf.
Evil xr 1200
Evil xr 1200
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next