OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza 5 on 4G?

3 posters

Go down

Forza 5 on 4G? Empty Forza 5 on 4G?

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Hey everyone.

I'm curious if anyone has ever checked how data-hungry Forza is on internet connections? Like how much data would you go through on a night of Forza?

Reason I ask is that I've moved to a share house and the wifi connection is so slow it's unusable. I'm not sure if it's going to be within my powers to be able to rectify this and 4G would appear to be the only alternative that doesn't require a landline or some other installation.

I've got a 'special offer' from Telstra of $15 a month off and no start-up costs (modem) if I commit to a plan tonight...

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Forza 5 on 4G? Empty Re: Forza 5 on 4G?

Post by Nick Bear Mon May 19, 2014 5:45 pm

Depends what u use it for, I have one at my minesite and use forza for just running hot laps, tuning and painting. And it has probably used half a gig for about 10hrs time thats including the update last week
Nick Bear
Nick Bear
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 6:07 pm

Thanks. Yeah I was more thinking of the usage for racing online. The crappy wifi is good enough for just having a connection and being online, just not participating in actual races.

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Mon May 19, 2014 6:27 pm

Unless you literally cannot get a landline...don't. Get a landline.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Mon May 19, 2014 6:28 pm

That doesn't sound ideal. I'll put it out there and say that it won't be the most stable of connections and probably won't be conducive with decent racing.

Let us know how it goes, maybe try out some public lobbies or something before tomorrow night. If it's no good please post up in the Road Atlanta thread that you won't be able to attend.
Dektra
Dektra
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 7:46 pm

I've run a few tests between the wifi, 3G and 4G (I was able to borrow a 4G phone).

The wifi download speed was the best I've seen it and was almost on par with 3G. The upload speed was a bad as ever.

The 4G did fluctuate as Dektra predicted. It was between 4 and 10 times faster downloading. It was even (relatively) faster on upload with the upload speed almost matching the downloads.

Unfortunately a landline is not an option, literally. I may get the 4G thing, it will be useful outside of Forza anyways. I'll just have to see if it permits Forza as an option.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:14 am

Hey man

It wont be the speed that is the problem, but more so the ping. 4G has awesome speed in my opinion, but it does depend on where you are located.

As for the data use im not too sure.

In saying that, i have a few people on my list that tell me they use their iphone to connect and they are on battlefield 4 most nights. So it is an option if you need it, its just expensive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down