OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spotted: Seen a awesome/rare/exotic car in your travels??

+7
Rinkly
xerocage
o MANIC o
Envy The Best
acerlyte
mcrow5
Reaps
11 posters

Go down

Spotted: Seen a awesome/rare/exotic car in your travels?? Empty Spotted: Seen a awesome/rare/exotic car in your travels??

Post by Reaps Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:17 pm

Seen something in your travels that caught your eye? Share it with the rest of us!

Spotted today in North Brisbane

White HSV W427.

I didn't even notice it at first, we'd just done a Macca's run & were heading home & there it was sitting right beside us at the lights. At first I thought, nice Senator, then I noticed the wheels were wrong before I finally saw the tell tale badge. I have seen this one a few times around the Northside of Brisbane, its really good to see one being DRIVEN instead of sitting in a shed whilst the owner looks to make a profit by never driving it & just keeping it as an investment. Personalised plate "Paddy" (White writing with a green background) & the owner looked pretty Irish (Red hair, see through skin lol). It was soooooooo quiet but the owner wasn't giving it any, I think its his daily driver, nice!!!

My GF couldn't see what all the fuss was about, all she said was, "Is that like some kind of SS?"
"Sort of" was the best I could manage while the drool ran down my chin... lol!
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Spotted: Seen a awesome/rare/exotic car in your travels?? Empty Re: Spotted: Seen a awesome/rare/exotic car in your travels??

Post by mcrow5 Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:35 pm

Original Reapr wrote:"Is that like some kind of SS?"

yes it is lol!

ahhh, i laugh at the people that dont know anything about cars. and then i just look at said car and drool Very Happy

saw one of these in the local shopping centre car park, never seen one before IRL.

Spotted: Seen a awesome/rare/exotic car in your travels?? Gts

CRAPPY PHONE CAMERA FTW!! lol!
mcrow5
mcrow5
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Spotted: Seen a awesome/rare/exotic car in your travels?? Empty Re: Spotted: Seen a awesome/rare/exotic car in your travels??

Post by acerlyte Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:50 pm

See now something like that above you don't expect to see driven on the street anymore (sadly). Great to see folks actually using and enjoying them! Can't say I have seen anything to top these lately but there was a Porsche Cayenne just parked at the Hypermarket on Brisbane's northside.
acerlyte
acerlyte
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:52 pm

Today ALONE (in melbourne)

Maserati Gran Turismo
Two of some other Maserati
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Porsche GT2
BMW 740il
BMW M3 (latest one) x2

two weeks ago, Victor harbour SA

Maserati Gran Turismo
Audi R8

Tomorrow going to some super duper awesome car dealer with some exsquisite cars.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by o MANIC o Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:18 am

Last month saw a Ford GT in a smash repairs, owner had lost it and put the car into the gutter. Not massive damage but enough to make you cry. Will post some pics later

o MANIC o
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by xerocage Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:09 am

Some guys owns a old school GT40 here in my town, we get to see him fanging around in it quite often. its yellow.
xerocage
xerocage
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:36 am

I've seen a Countach, Diablo, Gallardo and R8 in Canberra.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:42 am

I saw a 2008 Maserati GT afew months back in the muddle of sunnybank, well i heard the thing first. The owned wasnt afraid to give it a gutfull of the lights.
One of the sweetest sounding cars ive ever heard!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinkly Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:38 pm

check out my awsome car 1-5ltr 7 speed auto with manual over-ride not bad for rinkly class honda jazz (fit+) on my avatar. dont know how to put photos in forum. Question Sleep
Rinkly
Rinkly
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:22 pm

poppy 1 wrote:dont know how to put photos in forum. Question Sleep

get the photo off your camera onto the computer, then, you will have to upload it to a image hosting website (i use photobucket, you have to create an account first), then once the pictures are uploaded, you will see some options under it when the mouse cursor is on the photo. go to the one that have the [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] tags (without the spaces), copy that bit, and paste into the reply section on the forums.
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:19 pm

Took this in Osaka, Japan.
Spotted: Seen a awesome/rare/exotic car in your travels?? 011-fe10

Also saw a guy driving a HUGE Hummer around the same streets.
I was taking a photo and a friend said I should be careful, because they are prolly yakuza. Smile

Chris (OD)
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:17 am

Saw a BMW M3 the other day, the thing that made me laugh was the driver was no oil painting but his missus in the passenger seat would give Jennifer Hawkins a run for her money. Money Talks!!!!! Mad
Paul
Paul
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinkly Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:49 pm

Spotted: Seen a awesome/rare/exotic car in your travels?? Ourcar
Rinkly
Rinkly
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinkly Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:52 pm

thanks mcrow5 it worked now i feel part of the gang
Rinkly
Rinkly
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:32 pm

Nothing too special but this is my car on the day i bought it
1999 Holden Calais thats my old Daithatsu charade on the right on 1st pic
Spotted: Seen a awesome/rare/exotic car in your travels?? 022

Spotted: Seen a awesome/rare/exotic car in your travels?? 025

Spotted: Seen a awesome/rare/exotic car in your travels?? 028

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:03 pm

poppy 1 wrote:thanks mcrow5 it worked now i feel part of the gang

no worries mate, glad to help.
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:13 pm

Sat in a Maserati Quattroporte, Ferrari 250 GTO and an Aston Martin V8 Vantage convertible the other day
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:12 pm

Envy The Best wrote:Sat in a Maserati Quattroporte, Ferrari 250 GTO and an Aston Martin V8 Vantage convertible the other day

Did ya try the "QUICK! Look over there - a UFO!" (and then drive off real fast) trick? Always good for a laugh that one.

Chris (OD)
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:44 pm

Kinda didn't have the keys...

Spotted: Seen a awesome/rare/exotic car in your travels?? 2201101454

Spotted: Seen a awesome/rare/exotic car in your travels?? 2201101452

sup Razz

Mum took the photos so they aren't exactly classy...nor are they any good anyway because they were taken on my phone.

edit: Oh and i forgot to mention this is the only Ferrari (GTO) I actually do like. It just feels right, a proper drivers car. No fancy gadgets, no freaking humongous steering wheel. Just you, the car, the road.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratel Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:32 am

Last time I was in Melbourne I saw a silver Murcielago. Around Ballarat I often see some Aston Martins, a Vantage and a DB7, dunno what the other is. Also a brace of Porsches, some 911 Carreras, a few boxsters and the odd Cayenne.

Mostly though I notice E30 BMWs and Classic Minis. Also a pair of Pulsar GTR's that I would happily give my left nut to own.

Edit; I forgot the Corvette owners club which I often see about and a few hot rods out at Sebastopol.

Last edited by Ratel on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something.)

Ratel
Race Steward

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:08 am

yeah i won a rare car myself.....it pretty unique

2000 Mitsu TJ Magna Advance 3.5 with 3 hubcaps!!!! ROFL!!!
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:58 pm

Envy The Best wrote:Kinda didn't have the keys...

Spotted: Seen a awesome/rare/exotic car in your travels?? 2201101454

Spotted: Seen a awesome/rare/exotic car in your travels?? 2201101452

sup Razz

Mum took the photos so they aren't exactly classy...nor are they any good anyway because they were taken on my phone.

edit: Oh and i forgot to mention this is the only Ferrari (GTO) I actually do like. It just feels right, a proper drivers car. No fancy gadgets, no freaking humongous steering wheel. Just you, the car, the road.

Awesome and silver too, I alwyas liked Silver Ferraris (as opposed to the usual red) as you can see the lines of the car soooooo much better!! Damn now the Magnum PI themesong is playing in my head lol!
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratel Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:50 pm

There was a Torana done up as a Peter Brock Marlboro race car parked up the street from my house today. sadly it was gone by the time I found my camera.

Ratel
Race Steward

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down