OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Gen and New Choices

+3
surferofthemind
Dektra
lakerslegend
7 posters

Go down

New Gen and New Choices  Empty New Gen and New Choices

Post by lakerslegend Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:58 pm

So was wondering what most OZFMers are doing in terms of there next gen racer ?
Is the transition from Forza 4 / 360 to Forza 5 /X1 an automatic no brainer or is anyone thinking of ditching and trying the alternate choices like PC racers or PS4 Gt .

Love forza 4 but Big worry is the compatibility of my CSR wheel on the X1 . I only use my 360
For racing (forza4) and nothing else so is gonna be a big part of the decision .

lakerslegend
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

New Gen and New Choices  Empty Re: New Gen and New Choices

Post by Dektra Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:29 am

I'm geting X1 and F5, as well as Project Cars and a dedicated gaming PC
Dektra
Dektra
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by lakerslegend Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:33 am

Yeah got my DGPC for all other gaming requirements but only racer for me is forza at moment as my sim rig is in another room and only connected to my 360 .

lakerslegend
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:48 am

It looks like we can run both our 360's and ONE's side by side with our single Gamertag so we can still try to keep FM4 running. There might be a few guys here holding out for a better price on the ONE so I would like to see more series or small race events on FM4 continuing till after Xmas and when daylight savings is over next year we might get the big series running on the ONE. By then more should have jumped over to the ONE and hopefully they might have a fix for the wheels.

I am getting the ONE and FM5 and would love to try and set up some sort of race event to include both consoles while the community is still split between both. Unsure how to make it work... but I am sure we can work something out to involve the whole group.

PC gaming is a little out of my price range due to kids wanting there own gear as well (360's each but no ONE... lol). At least with a console I will have 6+ years of gaming without heaps of upgrades.

Still looking into a PS3 for two games (little Big Planet for my daughter and Last of Us for me) but will wait till the post Xmas sales for the cheapest deal I can get.
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:32 am

yep I will be holding out until a price drop or 2 after the console wars commence again.

so I will be staying around FM4 for a little while longer id say.

I wont be going PC route and I will also be waiting for the simple additional programming that will allow me and the world manufacturers of 360 wheels to be used on the next gen console, it will happen....or I will burn their institutions down hahaha Chainsaw Chainsaw Chainsaw micro wack ninja 
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by lakerslegend Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:31 pm

Yeah i will be with forza 4 for a while also . Admit to being a bit slack with joining in the race series as i work shift weeknights but will make a bigger effort and work around it .

Teeroy ... ill give ya a hand with that if ya like Very Happy 

lakerslegend
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:12 pm

It's an interesting thought and something I've put a lot into but money often speaks.

I decided to pre order both PS4 and Xbox1, but will cancel my pre order on the PS4 and go with the XBox1 regardless if my fanatec wheel doesn't work on it, as for pc gaming got rid of my gaming computer just recently even tho there is some awesome games available also got a refund on Project Cars, it just wasn't working out for me and and enjoyed the racing just not all the other stuff pc gamers have to contend with plus the money I got for it is helping fix a few unforeseen bills.

So after many years of Xbox gaming I'm sticking with them, I much prefer their controller over the PS3, and like the plug and play of a gaming console, even if I have to save and buy a Thrustmaster wheel down the track, hopefully it should be good for the long haul this time. Plus FM5 and few other games are looking the goods.

ps "the last of us" is epic and made my jaw drop in the first 15 minutes of game play, for me one of the best games I have played in a long time even if it's on PS3.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:05 pm

TEEROY 34 wrote:yep I will be holding out until a price drop or 2 after the console wars commence again.

so I will be staying around FM4 for a little while longer id say.

I wont be going PC route and I will also be waiting for the simple additional programming that will allow me and the world manufacturers of 360 wheels to be used on the next gen console, it will happen....or I will burn their institutions down hahaha Chainsaw Chainsaw Chainsaw micro wack ninja 
After 3+ years of heavy involvement in Forza and this forum, FM and online racing in its current form is about as stale as it can get for me. FM5 will need some serious physics improvements that deliver more realistic sim performance, more options for tailoring race formats and real track variety to get my interest.
Other than that I'll look at where project Cars ends up. Those two are about the only reasons I have for buying a One.

Like T man, I'll be waiting until I see what M$ actually delivers before I buy a new console or any games.
And if my Fanatec GT2 wheel doesn't work on the One, its "game over" for xbox an I'll look elsewhere.
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:14 pm

Not meaning to have a go here but... I don't get it, those who say that if their current Xbox wheels won't work on the X1 they'll go somewhere else. Will you wheel work there? Or are you just using it as an excuse to not upgrade???
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:41 pm

Dektra wrote:Not meaning to have a go here but... I don't get it, those who say that if their current Xbox wheels won't work on the X1 they'll go somewhere else. Will you wheel work there? Or are you just using it as an excuse to not upgrade???
My previous post does say why I'm reserving my decision on whether or not to invest in the new console, its not an excuse. Smile
Maybe this will be clear enough: Having spent more money than is sensible on a quality wheel/pedal system (close to $800 when they came out in AUS, plus another chunk building my race rig) I'm very reluctant to spend the same again. Specially if its just to go on with "same old, same old" game play and tracks - if thats what T10 deliver in FM5.

Don't get me wrong Forza was and is a good game. Kept me interested for a long time from FM2- FM4.
But, imo, needs some real improvements in car/track/driving physics that work properly. I don't need 400+ cars but do want better, more realistic feel and response to driver inputs, more options for race set ups and a much larger selection of tracks (real or otherwise) than currently provided.
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:44 pm

iWolf wrote:Don't get me wrong Forza was and is a good game. Kept me interested for a long time from FM2- FM4. But, imo, needs some real improvements in car/track/driving physics that work properly. I don't need 400+ cars but do want better, more realistic feel and response to driver inputs, more options for race set ups and a much larger selection of tracks (real or otherwise) than currently provided.
AMEN
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by lakerslegend Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:47 pm

Im with iwolf . The outlay on my on my sim rig wasnt cheap and the one and only reason for the X1 for me is forza .

PC support for my wheel wont change so always safe there . Im really sure ps4 will come to the party so the only real worry is
Good old microsoft as always . I hate to say this but got  horrible feeling microsoft will block it and try to recharge Fanatec for royalties again . That could be where it falls down .

Iwolf intresting point also about the improvements wanted with physics especially .Agree there too a bit.

A trend i dont like lately with racers is trying to cover both markets by being stuck between sim and arcade ! I hate that ...Grid 2 perfect example ,i feel it should be one or the other .

Although i dont think Turn 10 will take that path with FM5 I do admit to having my beady eye on GT6.

lakerslegend
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:06 pm

i have no doubt if MS dont provide a plug in of some sort to make the fanatec wheels work then someone will make an aftermarket one very swiftly.
If it costs me 10-50 bucks so my race rig works in FM5 then i will continue with the forza franchise. If it costs me another wheel/rig some 900 bucks then i will remain using a 360 and my already shelled out cash for my gaming entertainment.

Fm5 - i will wait but concur with Wolfy, it needs to be refined into a better sim experience. The arcade racers will always be worthwhile (Dirt showdown is a beauty and has a palce in my game rack but not for using the steering wheel. Forza ive never used a controller and wont ever.
So if somethihng else comes out with Fanatec compatability on the XB1 (ie Cars or something else) then I will be heading that way.
but i will wait and see what they actually drop.
I will not be like you suckers who went and got FM Horizon and now no longer ever touch it. If FM5 does not have a refined sim experience with pit strategy and better sim oriented functionality then i wont be going for it.
i will say that the physics engine and driving feel of FM4 is enough to keep me going. I will say that other factors have changed my involvement in FM4, the game is f*cking fantastic.

TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:26 am

Well I have ordered my xbox one and I am looking forward to it. I have a windows media centre which is getting close to 6 years old and I am hoping the Xbox One will replace that, so after I work out its worth to me, I may buy another ONE.

As for FM4, OZFM, and gaming in general. I have lost interest. Have not played FM in well over a month, after (like wolf) spending 3 years giving this place every piece of my "spare" time and then some, I guess it was time I moved along. I still stick my head in here from time to time, but just my head... not sticking my neck out anymore, too many people ready to start swinging an axe. (general life statement before you pick up the axe)

I too have spent a lot of money on my gear and it sits there gathering dust, not because of xbox one, but mainly due to other things in my life taking precedence. I am not complaining that I spent the money, I did get a lot of use out of it, and someday I will sit in the chair again.

(oh by the way... next up I am taking CL for a hot lap, only fair I thought) Razz

Dazz

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum