OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza 5 and the new xbox

+5
Goomf
Dazza4610
Sly Dux
iWolf
crimson eagle73
9 posters

Go down

Will you buy the new xbox if Forza 5 is a launch title

Forza 5 and the new xbox I_vote1071%Forza 5 and the new xbox I_vote11 71% 
[ 10 ]
Forza 5 and the new xbox I_vote1029%Forza 5 and the new xbox I_vote11 29% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 14

Forza 5 and the new xbox Empty Forza 5 and the new xbox

Post by crimson eagle73 Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:23 pm

I'm interested. Who will be buying the new xbox if Forza 5 is a launch title. Will they make a cut down version for the current gen 360?

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Forza 5 and the new xbox Empty Re: Forza 5 and the new xbox

Post by iWolf Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Making Forza 5 a release title on the new console would be a big call imo. Especially given the likely release dates for both and if the new game wasn't fully compatible with the xbox 360.

I think T10 will have to give a lot of consideration to the existing loyal Forza player base, many of who might not want to or be able to afford a new xbox. For that reason I'd see Forza 5, which I anticipate being released in October 2013, being fully playable on the xbox 360. I think the console is slated for a later pre-christmas release?

The question then is what to do to take advantage of the features on the new console? Maybe a patch or re-optimised update re-release of F5.

As for the original question, I'd be tempted to buy the new console if Forza 5 was a release title and particularly if it delivered features and performance that aren't available on the Xbox360. I'd do that partly because I think a lot of my mates here would do the same thing.
iWolf
iWolf
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Dux Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:34 pm

I would if i had enough sickies to buy it and have a week off at the same time Smile
Sly Dux
Sly Dux
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:38 pm

The big question I have at the moment is the link between V8 Supercars and Forza. I see that Forza is now advertising on the V8 website top page banner.

So the question for me is, will T10 release a DLC with car f the future and Texas track. To add to my suspicions is the least rear view mirror, mentioning V8 Supercars and the appearance on he weekend at Abu Darby.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:28 am

I would if Forza 5 fixes a few things and adds bulk new tracks. They've had a good run with rehash after rehash but enough is enough.
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:21 am

Goomf wrote:I would if Forza 5 fixes a few things and adds bulk new tracks. They've had a good run with rehash after rehash but enough is enough.

+>9000
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:17 am

iWolf wrote:I think T10 will have to give a lot of consideration to the existing loyal Forza player base, many of who might not want to or be able to afford a new xbox. For that reason I'd see Forza 5, which I anticipate being released in October 2013, being fully playable on the xbox 360. I think the console is slated for a later pre-christmas release?

If they are being released within coo-eee of each other Forza 5 will be new generation console only. Microsoft will throw a butt load of money at them to keep it that way too.

The way I see it, if this is indeed what will happen, Forza 5 will basically be an upgrade to support the new technology but not have a lot of new stuff in the game itself. Leaving it to the release of Forza 6 to bring in new environments and a bit more innovation.

I think the best we can hope for is that after the release of 5, Turn 10 will actually use downloadable content in the manner it was proposed and build on the base of the game with new environments and game modes (if they could do it with PGR2 on the original X-Box why is it so hard now?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:57 am

If you're right then that's a big pass for me and I'll wait until they've done a proper job. Gotta vote with your wallet and don't reward anymore slackness/bad decision making.
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:41 am

Due to the nature of the beast, maximum profit will always rule over consumer choice.

A good outcome would be expansion packs for Forza 4 for those that can't afford a new console but corporate logic would dictate that any funds diverted from supporting any new title is a waste and all efforts should be put towards selling the latest product.

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:54 pm

I'd like to see F5 on the 720 purely because when I look at what my newish gaming PC can do, I feel sad for the 360, I want to see F5 in all that high polygon count glory, don't get me wrong I think F4 and Horizon look amazing. I just want more. I have a strong feeling it'll be a release title, purely because of the high following this game has. I'll buy it for sure.

What it needs now more than anything is more tracks, boatloads of them! The fact that we have had zero track updates in a year is really quite odd, and I would say not cool given most of the current tracks are from F3. I'm probably wrong there...

Tezza's right Bathurst is a must! A couple of Aussie tracks would be awesome and well deserved Melbourne GP, Philip island and Eastern Creek all deserve a showing... need somewhere to race the V8's...

That said I want Spa and Donnington as well... Goodwood in a Lotus Cortina!

Anyway the list is endless
List of motor racing tracks

Bathurst in in Project cars is awesome fun... must play that again soon...

Plus fix/improve all those things everyone has already mentioned.

Sorry for wasting your time =)
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:58 am

everything xbox is backwards compatable, this wont change
I still play original xbox games on the 360, well my son plays my old Star Wars games on the 360.

I cant see them taking this option out on the new console.
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:27 pm

NFS MW1 was a release title for 360 but was also released on OXB
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:40 pm

What a shame the same couldn't be said for V8 Supercars 3. I still feel the passing of a friend when I think about the best racing game for my enjoyment.
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:41 pm

Dektra wrote:NFS MW1 was a release title for 360 but was also released on OXB

Call of Duty 2 was the release title, followed by CoD3 then CoDMW.
Then WaW MW2 BO MW3 BO2 then...?

EDIT: silly me, i now understnd your saying most wanted 1, not Need for speed and Modern warfare 1 lol!

Goomf wrote:I would if Forza 5 fixes a few things and adds bulk new tracks. They've had a good run with rehash after rehash but enough is enough.

+99999999999999999999999999999...
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:45 pm

Ah yes, COD2. It was so crap for months until they patched it. Then it was the best MP experience ever for its time.
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:52 pm

HELL YESS!!! I wasted year11 and 12 and half my first year out of school playing that shit, i still dont mind a revisit once a blue moon Smile sorry for going off topic
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:59 pm

TEEROY 34 wrote:everything xbox is backwards compatable, this wont change
I still play original xbox games on the 360, well my son plays my old Star Wars games on the 360.

I cant see them taking this option out on the new console.
There wasn't that many backwards compatible games when the 360 came out and they stopped releasing patches shortly thereafter.

GOOMF wrote:What a shame the same couldn't be said for V8 Supercars 3.
That was the biggest mistake ever by Codemasters. Released just before the 360 came out and never recieved Backwards compatible treatment Sad If they had have made that a 360 title it would have been huge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down