OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction

+2
Dektra
SunCrossed
6 posters

Go down

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post by SunCrossed Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi All,

Ignore the terrible GamerTag, had to create one on the spot when I started Forza 3 and all the one's I usually used were gone. Based in Sydney. Anyway big fan of Forza (main reason I have an Xbox) and racing games in general. Been playing Forza 4 since release and Forza 3 before that, been mainly playing Rival challenges, bounty, KOTT (beating Montoya was awesome) and some career, haven't really raced online much as the wreckers would generally ruin the game. Looking for same minded racers who drive cleanly and want to have fun, from the looks of it this is the place to be. Hope you can help me out.

Hope to have fun racing against you soon. Very Happy

Regards,

Jason
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Post by Dektra Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Greetings and salutations
Most of us are pretty clean, some people have brain farts occasionally (Myself included) but we're only human (Except for Reapr)
Your GT isn't the worst we've seen haha.
Make sure you have a read through the Code Of Conduct
Dektra
Dektra
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:12 pm

Welcome, welcome, shoot me an FR n and a game invite when ur on

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:18 am

Thanks Guys,

Will do.

Yep we all make mistakes, clean laps can suddenly all fall apart, because of distractions or random thoughts... All part of it at the end of the day. Look forward to some online racing soon.

Thanks for the warm welcome =)

Jason
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:51 am

Hey Jason,
As the others have mentioned... welcome to OZFM. I think you find all of the guys here are looking for clean competitive racing, so I am sure you will enjoy yourself.

Not sure how you like V8 Supercars, but we are just about to start our 7th V8 Series and you are welcome to join up. We run our main series nights on Tuesdays and the V8 Qualifying is this Tuesday Night. There are plenty of other things going on, just click on the Series button at the top of the main page.

Oh, one more thing... we have 2 car clubs in FM4, the 1st one OZFM is our main Car Club around 85 members and our 2nd Car Club around 40 members is for those who are ... well... lets just say "more dedicated than most of us". If you like I can shoot you an invite to the Main OZFM Car Club.

Dazz

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpiion4984 Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:04 pm

Welcome Jason. Feel free to send a FR anytime.
Scorpiion4984
Scorpiion4984
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi Dazz,

Looking forward to it. The main car club would be just fine, lol.

I'll check out the racing series, it looks like you guys have a great setup here. I might ease myself into it initially plus probably make a hash of racing a V8 without some practice first.

J
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by ThousandSumo Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:42 pm

SunCrossed wrote:Hi Dazz,

Looking forward to it. The main car club would be just fine, lol.

I'll check out the racing series, it looks like you guys have a great setup here. I might ease myself into it initially plus probably make a hash of racing a V8 without some practice first.

J

The V8s are hard to tame. You really need a good tune to get any speed out of them without constant spins - especially when using a controller. If you can't tune (or aren't great at tuning) there are many people here who can gift you across a solid base tune.

Start with some of the assists on with the V8s, especially TC. Hit up a few laps around Mugello Club. To guage where you're at - the fastest drivers hit 57 second laps. If you can drop in a sub 60 second lap, you'll be competitive with many other drivers and should be able to enjoy a good series.

If you can, commit to a series. This place will likely live and breath V8s over the coming weeks/months so get involved and have some fun! It really doesnt matter how bad you - as long you don't clean up other drivers! Just need to remeber to brake early!!
Send us a FR if you like and I can help where I can - though I'm not online too often given work/uni commitments!!

ThousandSumo
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:57 pm

Thanks Thousand,

Will do, on all counts. Wish I was better at tuning, but it needs more time than I have to spend on it. I'll see what lap times I pull later this evening in a V8 and make a decision. thanks for the assist.

J
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:57 pm

Hey mate, if your still keen to get in on some online racing send me a FR.

We do all sorts of racing most nights - Plus ill have a Series coming up after the V8s have finished.

P.S. there will be a Jag in the mix (sweet avatar BTW)
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi Recoil,

Will do I'm in the coupe cup starting Monday looking forward to it, always interested in more, especially if it involves a Jag =)

Thanks, the picture is actually my Dad at Bathurst one year in the mid 90's... One of my favourite pictures... =)

Jason
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:49 am

SunCrossed wrote:Hi Recoil,

Will do I'm in the coupe cup starting Monday looking forward to it, always interested in more, especially if it involves a Jag =)

Thanks, the picture is actually my Dad at Bathurst one year in the mid 90's... One of my favourite pictures... =)

Jason

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Coupe Cup cancelled due to Stu quitting? It is a shame, and I hope someone takes up the challenge of hosting it, I don't have time unfortunately between uni, placement, work and the GT500's (+ series testing, shhhhh) Would be a shame to see all the hard work Stu put in to go to waste.
Dektra
Dektra
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:40 pm

Dektra wrote:
SunCrossed wrote:Hi Recoil,

Jason

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Coupe Cup cancelled due to Stu quitting? It is a shame, and I hope someone takes up the challenge of hosting it, I don't have time unfortunately between uni, placement, work and the GT500's (+ series testing, shhhhh) Would be a shame to see all the hard work Stu put in to go to waste.

Crap thanks Dektra I missed that post, that's a real shame and a tad embarrassing, busy weekend =(
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down