OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

87 & 88 Toyota MR2 engine and box swap

3 posters

Go down

87 & 88 Toyota MR2 engine and box swap Empty 87 & 88 Toyota MR2 engine and box swap

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:31 pm

So you know the little 89 Toyota MR2 sc from F4 well i am currently swapping out a damaged 88 manual into an earlier un-damaged 86-87 auto.

Plan is:
Remove the engine , box, wiring looms, computer and dash from the manual.
Remove the engine , box, wiring looms, computer and dash from the auto and swap.

Computers looms airflow meters etc are different from vehicle to vehicle and because both the cars have been sitting for 3+ years we have found both cars fuel pumps are gone or suspect. From reading the MR2 forums not uncommon, and not the easiest to remove.

One engine and box out and i will get some pics if anyone is interested when i go out next week to do more.

Back to top Go down

87 & 88 Toyota MR2 engine and box swap Empty Re: 87 & 88 Toyota MR2 engine and box swap

Post by NoRecoil Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:24 am

ill do some hunting on this for ya scoteye, you might be able to do plug and play as a number of the toyota auto ecu's will work with a manual
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

87 & 88 Toyota MR2 engine and box swap Empty Re: 87 & 88 Toyota MR2 engine and box swap

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:25 pm

Yeah cool, be good to keep at least as a spare, they can be expensive and temperamental things.

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:10 pm

Sounds good mate. The MR2 in FM4 is one of my favs. Nippy little bugger (and I mean that in a non-racilist way, ie fast and light).
Smile

Chris (OD)
OctarineDream
OctarineDream
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:26 pm

OctarineDream wrote:Sounds good mate. The MR2 in FM4 is one of my favs. Nippy little bugger (and I mean that in a non-racilist way, ie fast and light).
Smile

Chris (OD)

LOL it sure is great fun to drive, horrible to do anthing in that tiny little engine bay though. I do find it great on F$ though one of the first cars i bought Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by gud 0l stoner Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:20 pm

the looms should be interchangable with these toyotas, done these sort of jobs plenty before
only thing to remember when you get the manual box in is find the plug for the inhibitor switch, cut the plug off and wire it together the rest should be fine

take the vics out off while the engine is out,

i love working on 4AGE's

gud 0l stoner
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down