OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wonder if this means a lot of Aussie content wont be available for forza

+8
iWolf
original skin
NoRecoil
OctarineDream
Don Stylz
RU four 86
gud 0l stoner
crimson eagle73
12 posters

Go down

Wonder if this means a lot of Aussie content wont be available for forza Empty Wonder if this means a lot of Aussie content wont be available for forza

Post by crimson eagle73 Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:29 pm

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Wonder if this means a lot of Aussie content wont be available for forza Empty Re: Wonder if this means a lot of Aussie content wont be available for forza

Post by gud 0l stoner Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:45 pm

will wait for bathurst, and a vodafone holden

gud 0l stoner
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Wonder if this means a lot of Aussie content wont be available for forza Empty Re: Wonder if this means a lot of Aussie content wont be available for forza

Post by RU four 86 Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:21 pm

how can you have a
"officially sanction V8 Supercar Championship"
with FORD only! Rolling Eyes

RU
RU four 86
RU four 86
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Stylz Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:00 pm

Anyone here race on iracing.com ?? was thinkn of having a bit of a lash on it ?? worth the subscription ??
Don Stylz
Don Stylz
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:08 pm

RU four 86 wrote:how can you have a
"officially sanction V8 Supercar Championship"
with FORD only! Rolling Eyes

RU

Surely that can't be right. They don't specifically rule out the holden, but there's no pic of it, and they only mention the ford.... but... SURELY NOT! Would be ridiculous.

Don - I've wanted to check it out, but I don't have a PC steering wheel so I don't see the point. Might see if I can get one cheap from work and check it out some day.

Chris (OD)
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:17 pm

@OD
Iwas going by this comment posted in the thread, below

"If iRacing real wants to capitalise on the Aussie market, they seriously need to add Bathurst & a Holden license.
That would be a massive draw card for Australian sim racers & future sim racers!"

and this which only shows 16 Fords!
Wonder if this means a lot of Aussie content wont be available for forza V8-ZA-495x254

RU

just found this also in the main feature,
"iRacing.com introduced the Ford Falcon FG V8 Supercar to its service in 2010. The Ford Falcon has been featured in both the iRacing.com Pro Series (Road Racing) and the iRacing.com V8 Supercar Series, the latter of which has seen more than 500 iRacers regularly competing in the Ford Falcon during 2011."
RU four 86
RU four 86

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:01 pm

Yeah, that last bit was the bit I read - I didn't look at the comments.

What a joke! If drivers can't have a big argument/punch up about Red vs Blue, then what's the point? Smile

And regarding the original questions from Crimson Eagle, I dunno if this will change things - the V8s we know will still be in it, and I'd be surprised if V8 Supercars removed their logo from things. Whether the tracks are "exclusive" or not I'm not sure. I think FM probably has a larger market share, so may have more say in things than iRacing (see comment above regarding "more than 500 iRacers" using the Ford Falcon. pfft).

Chris (OD)
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:49 pm

Yeah, thats correct - ford had no problem with them using the BA Falcon, Holden got its dress in a knot - they've tried a few times to get one but with no luck
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by gud 0l stoner Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:22 am

can someone photoshop that picture into taxi's and police cars?

gud 0l stoner
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by original skin Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:56 pm

I would bet my right nut that Mt Panorama makes it into Forza 4...and I am quite fond of Bob (my right nut). Wink

original skin
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:30 pm

original skin wrote:I would bet my right nut that Mt Panorama makes it into Forza 4...and I am quite fond of Bob (my right nut). Wink

I hope you're right, and so do all the members of OZFM.
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:53 pm

So Bob is on the chopping block, ouch!!
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:06 pm

iRacing is absolutely incredible and is one of the few V8 racing games where they didn't spin off into the dirt when you tapped the gas. I was surprised at how far i could stretch the car in game and it perfectly reflected my experience at Eastern Creek. Its that good.

Basically, for that kind of realism, i couldn't give two hoots as to what car i was using, because in the end both are effectively the same underneath.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:08 pm

I didn't enjoy iracing much at all....was a bit stale....physics was decent but that was about it for me....each to there own.

I rekon Turn 10 must realise Australia loves their racing...the issues as always is whether it's worth the bucks to please a minority of gamers (compared to the rest of the world)....I hope they do
mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by ted Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:44 am

personally i love how the V8's drive in Forza, they just feel like i'd expect them to. pretty hairy but fun to drive, and they sound mint.

was thinking of getting into iRacing but it's quite expensive. you get a few cars then you have to pay to add each one on after that (so i'm told) plus the dicking around of starting and setting up a PC. it's just so easy to throw the disc in the drive and press start with Forza. yes i'm told iRacing is the definitive for pyhsics but that Forza is quite close. not a bad effort for a console game.

Turn 10 has a real chance to expand their (and M$'s) Aussie/Kiwi base. how many locals you think will go and buy an Xbox just cause it has V8's with Bathurst in it at launch? i dare say even a few Sony's will get the trade in treatment. i'm also really hoping for a DLC with a couple more Down Under tracks on it and the street track in NZ.

ted
ted
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:52 am

mad DANNO 29 wrote:I didn't enjoy iracing much at all....was a bit stale....physics was decent but that was about it for me....each to there own.

Admittedly i was playing on a G27 with their $5,000+ pedal/shifter combo (which oh so so so so so so so good mind you), on a computer worth 1,500 (though i think they could do better) on an averaged sized Plasma TV with sound provided by Logitech G35's.

ted wrote:personally i love how the V8's drive in Forza, they just feel like i'd expect them to. pretty hairy but fun to drive, and they sound mint.

was thinking of getting into iRacing but it's quite expensive. you get a few cars then you have to pay to add each one on after that (so i'm told) plus the dicking around of starting and setting up a PC. it's just so easy to throw the disc in the drive and press start with Forza. yes i'm told iRacing is the definitive for pyhsics but that Forza is quite close. not a bad effort for a console game.

Turn 10 has a real chance to expand their (and M$'s) Aussie/Kiwi base. how many locals you think will go and buy an Xbox just cause it has V8's with Bathurst in it at launch? i dare say even a few Sony's will get the trade in treatment. i'm also really hoping for a DLC with a couple more Down Under tracks on it and the street track in NZ.

From my experience, the Forza V8's simply don't have enough grip. Those things can handle like a boss, to me its just not so in FM3. Setting up a PC for general gaming isn't expensive, but once you get specialized...yeah it does. Hell i'm looking at a joystick worth $550AU alone after i complete my upgrade...
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down