OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V8 SUPERCARS - CAR OF THE FUTURE - Here come the other manufacturers

+15
JamieWhincup#1
Ruskovski
FrankTank
Reaps
Dazza4610
XYvSTUvYX
ausfez
okrad
Sleuth 101
JOE
NoRecoil
wylie27
Envy The Best
mcrow5
TEEROY 34
19 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

V8 SUPERCARS - CAR OF THE FUTURE - Here come the other manufacturers - Page 2 Empty Re: V8 SUPERCARS - CAR OF THE FUTURE - Here come the other manufacturers

Post by NoRecoil Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:13 pm

Cool, cheers Teeroy

NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

V8 SUPERCARS - CAR OF THE FUTURE - Here come the other manufacturers - Page 2 Empty Re: V8 SUPERCARS - CAR OF THE FUTURE - Here come the other manufacturers

Post by TEEROY 34 Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:50 pm

TEEROY 34
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:51 pm

TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:45 pm

RIP - V8 Supercars....
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:13 pm

Envy The Best wrote:RIP - V8 Supercars....

It will be the same as it is now. Just with cheaper slightly smaller cars, thank Project Blueprint!

P.S.
V8 SUPERCARS - CAR OF THE FUTURE - Here come the other manufacturers - Page 2 Courtn10

GO DJR!
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:20 pm

Shame Shame. But adds a whole new dimension to the V8s, RIP V8s as we once knew it.

P.S. JB racing looks bent... Razz Nice burnouts though.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:50 pm

And it didnt work for NASCAR either did it.........(250,000+ still go to each race, more manufacturers than ever before and their closest racing since bringing in their COTF)

Im not convinced this wont work.
I think it will work and bring the "privateers" into the mix.

PS - James Courtney still sux ass, he may be the champion but sometimes the Champions are just d*ckheads, ie Collingwood, Melb Storm, Mundine, Ambrose and seem to have everything fall their way.
....Nice guys finish last, ....this is why i dont win many OZFM events BWHAHAHAHAHA
Recoil - yes id did swear my ass of at your XBL message last night haha well done.
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:37 pm

I was happy that DJR got the title, especially after the run they've had in the last few years.

No offense to Whincup but im happy someone else beat him. It wouldn't have mattered who it was (Just a bonus for me that it was DJR) But you need someone else to win every now and then.

WRC fell apart after Lobe started winning everything, Why watch something if you know whos going to win?

Not sure what you mean buy things falling cournteys way, they had a tuff year and a lower budget then 888. If its about Saturdays finish then Rules are rules, Whincup getting a DNF is no different then Courtneys Black flag at Surfers. But even i was a bit surprised they didnt class him as a finisher.
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:01 pm

Just across the year, he had things fall his way alot, not just this round but ultimately thats how you win, you never win with no luck and yeah someone else needed to win no doubt, spewing it was a bloke that looks and sounds like a chipmunk. seriusly take a look at him.
http://v8supercars.com.au
haha
DJR deserve some success so good on em.
Let the silly season commence for driver swaps from Holden to Ford and vice versa.
PLEASE dont say Courtneys coming to HRT!!!

TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:00 pm

TEEROY 34 wrote:PLEASE dont say Courtneys coming to HRT!!!

I doubt he will, Why would you leave a team after they provided you with a championship winning car. Yeas there was some problems with the team ownership and the media made a huge fuss over it, but the team has settled since.

Ill be following Gisbergen (6th) and Webb (13th) fairly closely next year, Dont mind Holdsworth either. I like the underdogs Smile

Final Points
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:30 pm

yeAH SPEWING Gizzo ran out of fuel last lap, (hope it happens to Dazza though hahaha)
He deserved a win this year i reckon.
I reckon Frosty is good for a championship, along with Lowndsy.
Surprised at how good Ingall was for the last part of the year, also Murphy, 2 old blokes getting shitty gigs, given the right drive i reckon they could surprise next year.
Be good to have some international guys come in i think, right before the diff manufacturers start lining up!
Theyre coming
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by okrad Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:39 pm

I think it's already a done deal that Courtney is moving to HRT next year. Was great to see DJR take another championship. Good to see more of the younger guys starting to pick up some wins in the last few races.

Holdsworth has been doing really well with what GRM can provide the last couple of seasons, Gis has started to perform this year with a decent car underneath him, Webb has done well in his first season, if he can last the next couple of seasons with a decent team like DJR and get more experience he might start to win races more frequently in a couple of years.
okrad
okrad
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:14 pm

HoldSworth was great no doubt about it, look for him also next year.

I think either way it was an awesome season to watch, prob my only concern is the blokes in race control making some absolute moronic calls over the year, but i guess that is always part of it as well. And the TV coverage needs to be genuinely live, not live (but delayed)

It was close right down to the final race and thats all you can ask for i spose

Good to have been able to watch this year in its entirety (i only just retired from State League baseball which sucked up all my w/end time since i was 16) instead of catching most of it in the highlights of the sports reports i got to see every race as it happened (kinda) and it was great, highlight as per usual, Bathurst for me.
Big Ups to Jason Bright for his Teeroy 34 impression yesterday when he did his whip around down the runoff lane, if you saw it you'll know what i mean, thats my style right there!! haha
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by okrad Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:37 pm

yeah that was pretty awesome. and lowndsey's lucky save (sort of) when he lost it in winterbottom's oil.

I knew channel 7 would have shit coverage when they changed back to them, just like before ch 10 got it off them a few years ago. Ch 10 did an excellent job, ch 7 have never been good at covering motor racing. WTF was that Tom silly person doing on their yesterday? I was like wtf does he doing at the v8s. Same as when they let idiot morning show presenters try and commentate on the Olympics. GET COMMENTATORS WITH A CLUE!!! I was also pissed off they got rid of 7HD and changed it to 7mate, and don't even show the v8s in HD on what's supposed to be the bloke's channel. Must be too many women making all their decisions.
okrad
okrad
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by ausfez Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:39 pm

okrad wrote:Must be too many women making all their decisions.

yep definatley, they have like 50 friggen channels and still complain about their rights... they took over oneHD with friggen netball which is possibly one of the most un-interesting sports ever... what else can they ruin?
ausfez
ausfez
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by ausfez Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:44 pm

oh i forgot, down here in melbourne they rarely show the NRL grandfinal or in fact most sporting event presentations on channel 9 just so they can start their movie on time. maybe if they didnt have so many adds they could fit in the presentations, but would that be too logical wouldn't it?
ausfez
ausfez
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:12 pm

Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t

Looks like im hating my own team now, need a new t shirt and flag.

Think im now a VOdaphone Fan, however i despise their crap livery (yes i said it, its crap).
Maybe if Kelly Racing had some decent drivers id go for them.

http://v8supercars.com.au/newsarticle/courtney-departure-confirmed/tabid/70/newsid/10811/default.aspx
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:18 pm

He will look better in Holden Colors though, Wasn't a Fan of him myself but will stay loyal to the "Toll Racing" Team. After all Tander is still there right?
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:59 pm

HA!

Its the only way HRT could get a #1 on the side of one of there cars in recent years Smile

To be honest im rather disappointed, it was good to see DJR back in the spotlight for a while.

Wonder who his replacement will be? any guesses?
My money is on Webb jumping into Car 18, and David Russell in Car 19
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Who cares Recoil, who cares! hahahahahahahahaha

TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:25 pm

I'm a Vodaphone man and even i'm a bit miffed...
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:32 pm

TEEROY 34 wrote:
Maybe if Kelly Racing had some decent drivers id go for them.

Well stuff me! looks like maybe i will.
and also start mixing my Jack Daniels with Pepsi now too!
http://v8supercars.com.au/newsarticle/bargs-to-depart-kellys/tabid/70/newsid/10822/default.aspx
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:00 pm

TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by wylie27 Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:40 pm

there won't be any other manufacturers..

wylie27
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:58 pm

well at least not til 2013 anyway, prob 2014
but its a funny game motorsport, see who comes up with the cash.
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by wylie27 Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:04 pm

i just dont see any other manufacturer ponying up the cash... they would get no benefit.

BMW entering?? its a niche market here.. not for the masses..

Mercedes entering?? see above?

Mitsubishi entering? why they dont have a large car..

Nissan entering? see above.

Toyota? don't need market penetration. they sell the most amount of cars overall.

that leaves?

whilst the chassis is the same, its not like nascar and they will all have the same shape and use stickers. they are bolting on holden and ford panels, lights etc..

but then again by 2014 ford may actually get rid of the falcon and they will need a different manufacturer.. The commodore is safe. export deals and the highest selling car in Australia. It is also the under pinnings of the camaro.

wylie27
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:33 pm

Why - winning races sells cars

You could create market by winning,
aussie market is screaming for someone other than Holden or Ford to win races so they have bragging rights, imagine the masses of Nissan fans who would all come running again like the Skyline era if they won a few races, same for any of the ones listed above.

We won a Aussie V8 Supercar crown, we beat Holden and Ford ....that would look good on anyones resume, to be the first to do it, even better

Im convinced in the racing world someone will want in.
If they wait too long they miss the boat and will forever chase Holden and Ford.
Theres too much exposure of the V8Supercars via MIddle East, UK, South Africa and a small bit via the USA (refering to the Gold Coast 600 drivers who want in)

Build it and he will come!
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next