OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V8 SUPERCARS - CAR OF THE FUTURE - Here come the other manufacturers

+15
JamieWhincup#1
Ruskovski
FrankTank
Reaps
Dazza4610
XYvSTUvYX
ausfez
okrad
Sleuth 101
JOE
NoRecoil
wylie27
Envy The Best
mcrow5
TEEROY 34
19 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

V8 SUPERCARS - CAR OF THE FUTURE - Here come the other manufacturers Empty V8 SUPERCARS - CAR OF THE FUTURE - Here come the other manufacturers

Post by TEEROY 34 Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:54 pm

Here they come fellas, Nissan, mazda, Merc, Toyota? gotta be attractive to get their cars into this Series.

http://v8supercars.com.au/car-of-the-future-released/tabid/70/newsid/9848/default.aspx
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

V8 SUPERCARS - CAR OF THE FUTURE - Here come the other manufacturers Empty Re: V8 SUPERCARS - CAR OF THE FUTURE - Here come the other manufacturers

Post by mcrow5 Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:10 pm

what?? NOOOO, keep it just as fords and holdens i say.
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

V8 SUPERCARS - CAR OF THE FUTURE - Here come the other manufacturers Empty Re: V8 SUPERCARS - CAR OF THE FUTURE - Here come the other manufacturers

Post by Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:16 pm

I always found the V8's to be a bit boring purely because it was just falcons and commodores running around. Thats me though i just like seeing a bunch of different types of cars

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:23 pm

I think its good for the series, needs a spice up with Ford pulling out all there BS re supporting teams.

More manufacturers is a good thing.
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:10 pm

The simple issue is Ford is winding back their spending in the category and espescially with the imminent (2015) demise of the Falcon the series is not a viable option. Mercedes has already said a big fat no. At this point Nissan and Toyota are the front runners with Nissan looking in to bring the Infinity brand to Oz.

They are just 5 years behind NASCAR which did the same thing with their car of tomorrow program (I wonder where VESA got the name from??? Razz ) which was the gateway for Toyota to join. I say bring back Group A!!!!!! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:16 pm

i think they learnt from the group A saga, they need some parity across the category.
Def a Nascar car of the future spin off, but its a model that has worked well.

Cant wait to see ASSbrose make his return in a hyundai .haha seeing the Falcon is gone 2015.

Regardless, the category needs something to spike some wider interest, Pink surely hasnt helped them HAHA
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:53 pm

TEEROY 34 wrote:Regardless, the category needs something to spike some wider interest, Pink surely hasnt helped them HAHA

that ad was crap, i mean, team vodaphone arent in fords anymore. at least get that part right.

as long as ALL the cars are 650hp RWD monsters, i wont mind (as long as holden keeps winning Very Happy )
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:38 am

she needed a Dildo, now that wouldve got people talking
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Tue May 04, 2010 7:14 pm

No. What we need is Ford America to pull their heads out of their butts and realise Ford AU products are above and beyond anything they could hope to produce (supercars excepted, though i'm sure if Ford AU decided too it would smoke the GT's a**)

Call me closed minded, but Toyotas do not belong in V8 Supercars, nor do Nissans.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Tue May 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Envy The Best wrote:Call me closed minded, but Toyotas do not belong in V8 Supercars, nor do Nissans.

agreed, at least Merc and BMW make v8 powered road cars (and my god do they sound better at stock as well). *sigh* it wont be the same.
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:41 pm

i find it a bit boring tbh with just two manufacturers. I reckon the more the better and that this is not a bad idea

Back to top Go down

Post by wylie27 Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:33 pm

Killa Kid,

We have been down the path of multiple manufacturers before. What resulted was an absolute mess.

European teams cheating, Nissan running a race car in a touring car race. Crowds dropping off, television ratings dropping.

Then the V8 Group A rules were adopted by Australia with 3 manufacturers, Ford, Holden and BMW.

Eventually the BMW was killed off in the regulations and V8supercars were born.

And guess what the ratings were up, crowds were up, the sponsor dollars were up.

If they are to open the door to another manufacturer then it needs careful planning and parity must be kept.

my thoughts any way.

wylie27
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:37 pm

TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:24 pm

God no, the COT has killed any respect ASSCAR had left in my books. I don't want to see the V8s go down the same path. It has good potential to ruin the series.

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:56 am

Switch wrote: I say bring back Group A!!!!!! cheers

Im with you mate....... But remember "If you can't beat them, Ban them"

No

Hailfire97 wrote:God no, the COT has killed any respect ASSCAR had left in my books. I don't want to see the V8s go down the same path. It has good potential to ruin the series.

I has been going that way since "Project Blue Print"

And we'll never go as bad as nascar........ For starters we have lots of right hand corners in australia, we have One lock nut per wheel, we have 6 speed gearboxes..... we even use In car air jacks

The V8 Super-taxis will never go as backward as nascar
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:25 pm

As an American V8 Supercar fan I'm not sure whether to be offended or in agreement...

Either way, my goal is to race on the once-proud Portland International Raceway on a weekly basis. So yeah, that's a fancy road course, so I'm not as tasteless as the rest of the American race fans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:57 pm

Love the avatar hailfire. Stephen Colbert FTW!!!! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by JOE Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:42 pm

keep as is
JOE
JOE
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:00 pm

More info on the CoTF models, looks like they are going to show a pile of info on these which is good.
2012, i reckon we'll see a new manufacturer by then
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/newsarticle/webcam-to-enlighten-fans-on-cotf/tabid/70/newsid/10476/ref/home1/default.aspx
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:51 pm

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/newsarticle/bmw-confirms-v8-interest/tabid/70/newsid/10576/default.aspx

bloody BWM drivers hey what a bunch of wankers, sorry to anyone who drives one (i do in the WTCC, go the tissue box)but seriously!
They are our regs for our Aussie series not a way to ask for our V8 Supercars to be a DTM car.
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:09 pm

Wunderbar!

Bout time Smile
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:35 pm

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/newsarticle/jacques-wants-permanent-v8-gig/tabid/70/newsid/10571/default.aspx

you'd sign him up this weekend wouldnt ya!
get him in just for exposure purposes, the guys a legend
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:01 pm

TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:13 pm

Cool, cheers Teeroy
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:50 pm

TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next