OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuning guides

2 posters

Go down

Tuning guides Empty Tuning guides

Post by mog0001 Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:43 am

Just wondering if anyone has any good resources that go through tuning for dummies?

Would like to get a better understanding of what values I should be aiming at for the various components eg with adjusting the camber etc.

And in particular when using the telemetry should I be looking at the inside or outside tire temps when adjusting camber?

mog0001
L-Plater

Back to top Go down

Tuning guides Empty Re: Tuning guides

Post by Steeljockey Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:24 pm

Centre tyre temperature will give you an indication of the tyre temperature for grip. Outside temperature should be less than the inside temperature, in particular with the fronts, by 2-5 degrees Celsius depending on track. I usually run rears fairly close inside to outside running much less camber, but also much less roll bar on the rear at the same time for RWD and 4wd cars.

If you have istuff, you could look for Forza tuning guides for FM4 and 5, not sure if there has been an update for 6 yet.

For pCars there is a good basic tuning guide for springs and dampers, but you need to run it on excel, so a bit fiddy putting in setups.

Steeljockey
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down