OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanatec CSW v 2 It's going to be a good Christmas

+3
SunCrossed
sempeR
Envy The Best
7 posters

Go down

Fanatec CSW v 2 It's going to be a good Christmas Empty Fanatec CSW v 2 It's going to be a good Christmas

Post by SunCrossed Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi All,

Seems I was good this year.

Fanatec CSW v 2 It's going to be a good Christmas Imag0611

Will post thoughts once I get it all up and running, now just waiting for the X1 rim to be released...
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Fanatec CSW v 2 It's going to be a good Christmas Empty Re: Fanatec CSW v 2 It's going to be a good Christmas

Post by Envy The Best Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:32 pm

Niiiccccccccccccccccccce.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Fanatec CSW v 2 It's going to be a good Christmas Empty Re: Fanatec CSW v 2 It's going to be a good Christmas

Post by sempeR Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:44 pm

Fuuuaaa
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:54 am

Initial impressions is simple, its amazing. The FFB is strong I mean lift the rig off the floor strong, no notchiness, very smooth movement feels extremely precise. The 918 rim is just beautiful, all leather, metal and carbon. I was testing in GT6 and the led's on the rim work which is awesome. Feels great in pCars, but I'm not convinced pCars has all the FFB sorted yet. iRacing it is great. The all metal construction just makes this wheel. The Thrustmaster TX is always creaking and there is a slight warping/bending as it turns like the rim is a degree ahead of the wheel base if that makes sense, when I turn it and I'm just positive one day the rim will just sheer off, it just feels plastic and weak. The CSWv2 with full metal, the quick release does not creak or warp or bend there is no feeling  of disconnect from rim to base this thing is solid and while Fanatec gear like 911 wheels and CSR are great pieces of kit and solid for their price, the CSW and 918 is a revelation, it is just brilliant. I really can't wait for the X1 rim to be released that'll be the next time I race Forza I think... I can't look at that TX any more =)

No it's not cheap, just a rim is $500, the base is $700 odd, the CS Pedals are $350 and CS shifter $170 minimum then there's the rig you will need, it really adds up, but if your building a rig over years like I have been its not too bad, and that $1200 for the CSWv2 and 918 rim is all worth it the moment you first see it. It's a 10/10 product right now I'll update more as I use it...

And to put it into some form of context I spent $1100 on one surfboard this year and one is way more complicated than the other. But the Aussie made Hayden Shapes Hypno Krypto is an amazing board and worth every penny, but it's good to just put some perspective around the Fanatec kit =) The next step in wheels brands from here is the Bodner kit and that is 3000 pounds just to get started, making Fanatec's gear good value...

Sunday Thoughts
I played in Assetto Corsa yesterday and while it does not have CSWv2 support yet it does have excellent FFB support and seems to work well with the standard CSR profile. Asstto Corsa has just come off Early Access and V1 is released so well worth getting, on Steam now 30% off, will probably go lower through the sale period. Again the wheel performs very well, Assetto is a good looking racer with career model through group licenses starting in N1, I'm working my way through career now. I did a quick race with the 458 GT which is one of my favourite cars and it was a lot of fun with 23 other opponents. It does have some great features. Fuel and tire wear can both be accelerated, tire warmers, a full damage model and the AI seems to be not too bad so far... the CSW performed well again.

Last edited by SunCrossed on Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:17 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Further comments)
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinkly Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:55 pm

Hi SunCrossed The old feller on the scrounge , would you have a code for Fanatec that you wont be using . Had the TX set up but the first one had problems that could not be fixed . The replacement had a short run then it started to play up ,so it went back for refund . Now its time to buy CSWv2 + Porsche 918 RSR . Sorry for the rant , enjoy your new drive . Regards Rinkly .
Rinkly
Rinkly
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:26 am

Hey Rinkly, that's my fear with the TX I think. They do appear to be terribly flakey. Unfortunately my invite is already been given to a mate of mine, otherwise it would be up for grabs on this forum. If that changes I'll let you know, you have seconds on it now. Still waiting for the X1 wheel to be announced, really can't wait for that...
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinkly Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:43 pm

Thanks' for that , ya the X1 that will make it a full set .
Rinkly
Rinkly
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by anon666 Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:13 am

Rinkly wrote:Thanks' for that , ya the X1 that will make it a full set .
Hey Rinkles, good to see you are still showing these young un's how to do it. A mate of mine has a code he isn't going to use, so if you can let me know what email you used to register with fanatec au, then I can get him to transfer the code over to you.
anon666
anon666
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:36 pm

Now that's a nice looking wheel!
Onya Suncrossed.
iWolf
iWolf
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:38 pm

Looking forward to hearing how those who buy it for the XB1 go, been holding off but with Project Cars not far away and fingers crossed F1 this year for the XB1 looks like a sure thing.

Been a good break from racing and hoping to get back into it this year at some stage, if this ankle reco ever gets better..
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down