OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OZFM Formula Ford Championship. *Idea/must run*

+14
sempeR
NoRecoil
Sly Dux
surferofthemind
hillcrest
JamieWhincup#1
Envy The Best
Dektra
FAA Beefnachos
STONDKIWI
Dazza4610
MadRacer38
Reaps
Frozen Catalyst
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

OZFM Formula Ford Championship. *Idea/must run* - Page 3 Empty Re: OZFM Formula Ford Championship. *Idea/must run*

Post by Dektra Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:29 pm

JamieWhincup#1 wrote:Also, What's wrong with basing it off the Australian championship? Yes, It may not be an "Official" national championship anymore but it's running within the Shannon Nationals and the grids are as strong as they have ever been.

Speaking purely from a painters point of view, it gives us some more room to use for number boards and it doesn't have annoying glitches in it.

Dektra
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

OZFM Formula Ford Championship. *Idea/must run* - Page 3 Empty Re: OZFM Formula Ford Championship. *Idea/must run*

Post by hillcrest Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:51 pm

Dektra wrote:
JamieWhincup#1 wrote:Also, What's wrong with basing it off the Australian championship? Yes, It may not be an "Official" national championship anymore but it's running within the Shannon Nationals and the grids are as strong as they have ever been.

Speaking purely from a painters point of view, it gives us some more room to use for number boards and it doesn't have annoying glitches in it.

Aus formula for doesn't use this particular engine/chassis, we use the older chassis and the duratec and kent engines.

Not that we can't run it without wings I think at the moment the majority want to run it with wings

hillcrest
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:35 am

wings also help with slip streaming on the straights
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:05 pm

I'd like to see this move to a permanent support event to the V8's Smile

So.............
Run the V8's Fortnightly with qualifying on the alternating week with the Formula Fords as the support category.

Week 1 = Formula Ford Qualifying

Week 2 = V8 round 1 Qualifying (eg: 2 x 12 min sessions, one for each race) and Round 1 of the Formula Fords  

Week 3 = V8 Round 1, Race 1 and Race 2 by session Qualifying 3 race by reverse Grid if applicable

Week 4 = V8 Round 2 Qualifying ( "X" Sessions) and Round 2 of the Formula Fords

Both series would use a floating table 1st to 32nd for points with Room 1 always taking preference for a full grid of 16 cars and the remainder in room 2.

The V8's rooms for each round would be decided by each V8 Qualifying round.
The rooms for the Qualifying rounds of the V8's and the Formula Fords (after the first week) would be dictated by the players previous round "best lap" in the V8's:

Ie:
Week 1, I qualified for Room 1 in the formula fords, finishing 14th overall.
Week 2, I Join room 1 for the entire night, Qualify For the V8's and then Race Round 1 of the Formula Fords
Week 3, I Qualified 17th overall in the V8s during Week 2, making me in room 2 for round 1 of the V8's.
Week 4: My best time in the V8's was 15th fastest, So this round is in room 1: I Qualify for Round 2 of the V8's and then Race Round 2 of the Formula Fords staying in room 1.

Does this make sense to people?
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:12 pm

I'd rather not, only because i really don't want to race V8's. These things are mad fun in their own right, no need to be a supporting series.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:33 pm

Agree with Recoil. They definitely need to be a permanent series.
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:26 am

I like the idea of this being a permanent series, A support series to the v8s would be awesome but i would suggest it follows a different format where on v8 qualifying weeks we race the formula fords on the shorter tracks, (catalunya national, silverstone international, long beach medium, road atlanta club, etc) for 20-30 laps and on v8 race weeks we race on the same tracks as the v8s but in a shorter race (10-15) laps.

Fortnightly schedule would look like this.

V8 Quali week (lobby open regular time)
X number of 15 min V8 quali session.
2 lap Formula Ford quali session (1 out lap, 1 hot lap)
20-30 lap Formula Ford race (short track race)

V8 race week (lobby open 45 minutes earlier)
2 lap Formula Ford quali session (1 out lap, 1 hot lap)
10-15 lap Forumla Ford race (full track race)
x number of V8 races (beginning at normal lobby time)

This way we are still racing every week, we can race the Formula Fords without worrying about V8 clashes and for a decent race length.
hillcrest
hillcrest
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:49 am

The only downside to adding the FFords as the main support race for the V8's is that it is still DLC and not everyone will have it. Might be only a couple of guys without but it still restricts those members. The V8's have been an still need to be open to ALL members as it is the signature series here.

The FFords need a series. On their own or with or as support with another series.
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:15 am

Wasn't it free with the Nurbburgerring track?

I only counted 5 cars - not 10
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:24 am

NoRecoil wrote:Wasn't it free with the Nurbburgerring track?

I only counted 5 cars - not 10
Was another 5 car "Booster Pack". May only cost around $7 but not everyone will be buying it. With the Car Pass it is free to them.
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Dux Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:06 pm

I don't think it should be a support series at all. They are good enough for standalone and they run times similar to v8's on most tracks
Sly Dux
Sly Dux
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:07 pm

OK , the term support category may not be well worded.

The idea is to have a series that can be kept as a permanent event to run alongside the V8's, if we have something like this then both series can be run seperate and allow for the alternating weeks of Qualifying and racing.

So if you dont want to race the V8's you just do qualifying and come back next week
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:42 pm

NoRecoil wrote: allow for the alternating weeks of Qualifying and racing.

Boom
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratel Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:58 am

It's been a while since I've done one, but I'd be happy to get this up and going if there is still interest.

Ratel
Race Steward

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:41 am

We might look at running it again.  Latt time we ended up doing it with drag tyres and had varying degrees of success.
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:44 pm

We started this series then Destiny happened.
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:08 am

Keen this time around.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAlfheim Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:59 am

If it falls on a night that I'm free, I'm keen

TheAlfheim
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:03 am

I am keen to do this again, maybe as a 3 or 4 round tuesday night filler before p cars
hillcrest
hillcrest
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratel Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:08 am

I'll have something to show the administration by Saturday. I have most of it sorted but I need to check a few things. I'll put a tentative start date of last week of Feb.

Ratel
Race Steward

Back to top Go down

Post by Neilo05 Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:32 pm

This sounds good.
Neilo05
Neilo05
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Teeko14 Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:28 pm

100% keen for this!
Teeko14
Teeko14
L-Plater

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:03 pm

I'm not racing if you're running drags. Its absolutely unnecessary to run with drags given the small number of laps you're running.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:55 pm

Still needed to make a pit stop to make it to the finish without crawling over the line, unless you managed to find some trick way of driving or tuning.

I prefer the FFs with race slicks
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratel Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:02 pm

What are the drags actually like to race on? One of the things I don't like about Forza is the poor tyre degradation. Also I see nothing wrong with pit stops.

That said, I'm not going to alienate people by not listening to them. After all I'm setting this up for you guys as much as for me.

Ratel
Race Steward

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:13 am

the drags did pretty good for these cars. when i ran the last series i had all sprint race lengths set as the life of the drag tyres + 1 lap and the enduros set as the life of 2 sets + 1 lap. It did work quite well as a bunch of guys were running different tyre strategies and set ups. That said I think the fact it was on drag tyres turned a lot of people off, so for simplicity i would suggest running the normal race tyres.

With these you can probobaly run the build stock + racediff
hillcrest
hillcrest
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next