OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howdy Everyone.

+2
Mitch
Paul
6 posters

Go down

Howdy Everyone. Empty Howdy Everyone.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:28 am

Popping in to say hi, just found out about this place so I'm hoping to join in on some good racing. I'm not the best but I ain't too shabby either, So long as it's above A class I'm good to race.

Back to top Go down

Howdy Everyone. Empty Re: Howdy Everyone.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:53 am

Welcome and above A class you say just the fact of the class you like to drive would suggest your a pretty decent driver (i am still trying to wrap my head around the R1 cars while using no assists Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:59 am

A and above i am still coming to terms with the F and E class so you way out of my league but looking forward to racing with or against you whichever you prefer Very Happy
Paul
Paul
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:57 am

gday and welcome to the forum mate!!

personally I enjoy racing on all levels (well up to S-Class), but as a tuner (and a 2WD tuner at that!!), my interest still lays in the lower classes like C, D, E because of the added challange on building cars. These classes you'll find that, unlike A or S, you cant whack every single upgrade on, so you gotta know your shit!!!

But atm, A is as high I regulary do (even thou ive got a RWD Gallardo Superleggera in S that is just sweeeeet!!!)

Err, if there is room left on my FL (we have had an influx of new members,, and my list has gone crazy in the last 2 weeks) send thou a FR.....

We have a V8 Supercar series starting and even thou it may be to low of a class, but a C-Class production series (both can be found in the race events topic)

Seeya out there

Mitch
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:47 pm

Hi hows it going? You'll Probably love the V8 Supercar series if you like racing above A Class, I hope to see you sign up there Smile Look for a FR I have been checking the new members topic trying send them out to all the new guys as they sign up..... Cya on the track!

Last edited by Original Reapr on Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:48 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : my usual spelling mistakes lol)
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:53 pm

Yea, hoping to get in on the V8 Supercar racing. Thanx for the welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:47 pm

G'day and welcome.

Entries are still open for the V8 series, its R3 - put your name down.
iWolf
iWolf
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:58 am

Hi there

Soul Firez wrote:Welcome and above A class you say just the fact of the class you like to drive would suggest your a pretty decent driver (i am still trying to wrap my head around the R1 cars while using no assists Shocked

Honestly, R1 without assists is actually pretty easy, since those cars handle like they're on rails and rarely step out of line. R3 cars are harder.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:01 pm

Very true Mitch2. With a little bit of tuning, R1 and R2 cars are pretty easy to handle but I have yet to find an R3 car that I'm quite happy with how it handles (I'm referring to the race cars cause the street cars are pretty good, except the R390, that just flat out sucks)

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:13 pm

I've found that once the R1's tyres are warmed up they are ok. Very hard on take off to avoid spinning though (with no TCS). I'm using the wheel are barely touching the pedal on take off and it still spins.
But you are right - they handle pretty well once out and about. Just don't stomp your foot coming out of a bend, or you'll be facing backwards before you know it! Smile

Chris (OD)
OctarineDream
OctarineDream
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:26 pm

That's where manual and custom gear lengths come into play. Wink

And tyre pressure. Tyre pressure has such an impact in this one, but that may be because I'm better at tuning in this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:34 pm

I don't even tune the things, just pick up and race. I don't use any assists except for braking line either and the only trouble i have is off the line.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down