INTRODUCTIONS

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: INTRODUCTIONS

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:36 pm

Yea, was just playing around with it before and I just can't get used to it. Turn in points were all different and there was no sense of speed. Of course this is all my perspective.

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:44 pm

hcj wrote:Yea, was just playing around with it before and I just can't get used to it. Turn in points were all different and there was no sense of speed. Of course this is all my perspective.

yeah, i dont race with the cock pit view, i use the outside car view, i can get the apex's perfect, i can see all the other cars near me as well. works well for me.

mcrow5
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best on Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:15 pm

I think i may have said this before but i only race in cockpit. Mainly because the screen stays stock still so i can hit the corners perfectly (well, what i would call perfectly, but there are probably better ways lol). I hate having the car move on screen, its just a bit too disconcerting. I mean you have the world around you moving, and the car you're trying to drive!

Also it feels like you're driving the car when in cockpit view. To me its a must on any racing game in this generation. I think TDU got it right with the whole head lean mechanic, making you feel like you're looking into the corner and driving an actual car.

TDU was awesome.
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:15 pm

I prefer the "feel" of the bonnet view to external (behind the car) views. Cockpit is also good, but has the downside of obstructed view sometimes.

But, I do miss the ability to see cars next to me coming tight into a corner which you get from the behind the car views.

Scuse me ignorace - what's TDU?
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by acerlyte on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:29 pm

Test Drive Unlimited. It's a pretty fun racing game and was originally one of the reasons I bought a 360 Smile.
acerlyte
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:40 pm

Yeah Test Drive Unlimited is still in my collection, great game! I love how you could cruise into the main beach area & find people drag racing down the main strip, or how people would drive alongside you and do the three beeps for a rolling start drag! Madness, it brings out the hoon in everyone!!

I wish Forza had a car horn lol!!

Anyway back to what view etc, I found I couldn't get used to the adjustable viewing angle in cabin view as when you change the viewing angle (I assume you guys are using multiscreen to do this) you lose the vital ability to pan around in the car with the right thumbstick to see whats going on, it turns into straight forward & straight backward only...... I'm definately another in cabin driver but!!!

Mmmm popcorn!
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:23 pm

not multiscreen setup, ....big screen, not multi
wheel doesnt have a thumbstick! hehe
and i drive behind car normally, i do go in each car to check out the dash etc.

FOV setting only changes in cockpit view position
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream on Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:43 pm

ahh Test Drive. Man, I remember when that was on the Amiga. Was it on the C64? I can't remember.
The Need For Speed games were good for allowing hooning. Find other cars to race, smash up the cops, etc. Fun!
Chris
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by acerlyte on Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:05 pm

Well despite buying a 360 for TDU I never really got round to finishing it properly and now my brother has it and is probably in hock by now. I should really get another copy... My earliest Test Drive memory would probably be the original Test Drive on PC when I was but a wee kiddy, but my favourite (asides TDU of course!) would be Test Drive 2: The Duel. Had an F40 and 959 with one scenario but you could beef it up with a sports car pack, muscle car pack and another scenario. I played that to death but could never manage to play it with a manual gearbox, too tricky with the keyboard!

Umm, anyway! Sorry about hijacking your intro thread Paul! I hope you enjoy your time here at OZFM Smile
acerlyte
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:20 pm

Yeah the 3 tv setup (which requires 3 xboxs to boot) would be awesome that is my only complaint of using the wheel and using cockpit view i often loose sight of some one whos pulling up on my side which can mean a tricky corner and smash bang (accidental i swear he says as he sits jaming the steering wheel left laughing Twisted Evil

Paul is cool with the hijack he hijacks me on the race track enough affraid jokes whacked just jokes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum