OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need advice with wheel power supply

2 posters

Go down

need advice with wheel power supply Empty need advice with wheel power supply

Post by feralcobra Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:38 am

hi guys last night i went to have a run on horizon turned the xbox on then plugged the wheel in (i have a Porsche turbo s) and nothing no power so i unplugged it plugged it back in and still nothing then checked the wheel connection seemed all good then went to check the power box connection and as i grabbed the power in plug bang and that horrible electronic burning smell. has anyone else had this problem happen before or anyone now were i could get another power supply from i have shot of an email to hess at pagnian to see if he has any but i would like to try and get it sorted for next Tuesdays race or once again i will be a no show Crying or Very sad anyway any help or ideas would be much appreciated

feralcobra
feralcobra
World Champion

Back to top Go down

need advice with wheel power supply Empty Re: need advice with wheel power supply

Post by SunCrossed Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:41 am

One of those Universal power adaptors would probably work. http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=MP3475
I looked at my CSR power adaptor and that doesn't have the Watts output on it but it's clearly generic. If yours doesn't watts either a Google search and you'd be able to get the specs I imagine. Even if you take the power block into Jaycar they'd be able to suggest a replacement that would work fine.
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

need advice with wheel power supply Empty Re: need advice with wheel power supply

Post by feralcobra Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:41 pm

thanks suncrossed will go and have a look today hopefully i can find one
feralcobra
feralcobra
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by feralcobra Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:28 pm

thank you again suncrossed for that suggestion i just got back from jaycar and the power unit you suggested was no good as it was an auto power unit and the tip i needed wasn't the correct voltage but i explained what had happened and he grab a new power cord plugged it in and bingo we had power so it wasn't the unit but the cord so im wrapped i saved myself about $50 Very Happy
feralcobra
feralcobra
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:13 pm

Nice that's a relief I bet. Yeah I wasn't sure about that adaptor, as I couldn't find the spec on the CSR power block.
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down