OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A change to OZFM Admin

+9
NoRecoil
Tastyyx
Dektra
Paul
Waffelz
surferofthemind
Dazza4610
RRT_DemoN
iWolf
13 posters

Go down

A change to OZFM Admin Empty A change to OZFM Admin

Post by iWolf Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:03 pm

I didn't set up this forum and take no credit for that.

But as a long term member of OZFM and in the admin team for almost 3 years I have tried always to:
- work for the smoothest possible running of the forum.
- help to organise and facilitate the best online Forza motorsport events in AUS/NZ.
- be fair to all members, regardless of skill or standing in the community, which side of the ditch or whereabouts in this country they might live.
- be active and positive in enjoying forza motorsport online and on forum with guys who share the passion.
- provide a reasoned and mature outlook in an often competitive and volatile environment.

It has been my observation in the past year that OZFM is not the friendly open community that we had in the past.
This despite the constant efforts of the admin team to do the best we can for the forum and its activities.
Ultimately, I feel that my desire, attitude and approach to working for the good of OZFM may be out of step with the broader community.

For that reason I have decided to step down from an active role in admin.

I apologize to my friend and fellow admin Dazza4610 for this sudden decision, I am and will remain available to assist you behind the scenes in any way I can.

I still enjoy racing alongside guys who respect those things OZFM has tried to stand for and hope we can have active and positive forum discussions and many more on track battles in the future.
iWolf
iWolf
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

A change to OZFM Admin Empty Re: A change to OZFM Admin

Post by RRT_DemoN Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:45 am

sorry to hear this wolf and if it is cause of my post in another thread i apologize

RRT_DemoN
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:10 am

iWolf wrote:I apologize to my friend and fellow admin Dazza4610 for this sudden decision, I am and will remain available to assist you behind the scenes in any way I can.

No need to apologize and as for sudden, not really. This time has been coming for some time and I am sure we both knew it.

IMO, we both need to step back and get back to administering the forum as a forum. We need Moderators that moderate, not fuel the issues. Plain and simple. For too long we have been trying to do it all.

As some may be aware I am involved in the promotion of this forum through sponsors such as Pagnian Imports. I have been working for almost a year now in securing a "real world" V8 Supercar driver to join forces with Pagnian and the OZFM partnership in the release of a new product. To be quite frank, I am embarrassed to take this to the next step. The way I see it OZFM is on a downward spiral and no sign of pulling out of it. Quite sad in fact, given the amount of work that not only Wolf and I have put in to this site but also past Admins.

RRT_DemoN wrote:sorry to hear this wolf and if it is cause of my post in another thread i apologize

I am sure your comments alone were not the main reason for this.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:27 am

Wolf, you have done a wonderful job as Admin and I hope that the step back is only that and we continue to see you active here.

Dazza4610 wrote:
IMO, we both need to step back and get back to administering the forum as a forum. We need Moderators that moderate, not fuel the issues. Plain and simple. For too long we have been trying to do it all.
Totally agree Dazza.

Go to the Forza Forums and the Moderators pretty much run the place. The Admin should not have to be the full time Moderators as well.
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Waffelz Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:38 am

surferofthemind wrote:Wolf, you have done a wonderful job as Admin and I hope that the step back is only that and we continue to see you active here.

Dazza4610 wrote:
Totally agree Dazza.

Go to the Forza Forums and the Moderators pretty much run the place. The Admin should not have to be the full time Moderators as well.

I wholeheartedly concur Surfer. The drift lounge on FM.net usually shows that "immaturity" that sometimes flares up here, and the moderators do an excellent job keeping it down. Unfortunately for us drifters, the DL has gained a reputation for drama, and has led to nothing being taken seriously by other groups and T10 staff. I hope that we at OZFM can quell this current trend and return to the "professional" racing forum that we are before that kind of damage is done to our reputation.

Wofly, Hopefully you do stick around on OZFM, and thank you for the time and effort you have put in.

Sorry for the waffling on
Waffelz
Waffelz
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:41 am

Maybe its time we the people should vote for some more moderators. Hopefully keep Wolfie and Dazza as admin and share the work load around. If this was to go ahead maybe the people who think they can make a contribution to this place PM Dazza/Wolf and then they can set up a poll so the community can vote. What do you guys think?
Paul
Paul
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:59 am

Paul wrote:Maybe its time we the people should vote for some more moderators. Hopefully keep Wolfie and Dazza as admin and share the work load around. If this was to go ahead maybe the people who think they can make a contribution to this place PM Dazza/Wolf and then they can set up a poll so the community can vote. What do you guys think?

+1
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by Tastyyx Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:07 pm

Sounds like a smashing idea Paul.
Tastyyx
Tastyyx
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:35 pm

Shame to hear wolfy, your work on here dosen't go unoticed.

Hopefully some time out will change your mind.

and everyone stop using the dam + and - for post you like, it is ment to be for racing only
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:49 pm

No good Wolfy, solid effort in sticking it out this long.

Sad to hear the regular morons driving another founder and huge contributer to OZFM out of the Admin realms.

I wont get into it .......

to you personally, thanks for everything youve ever done for OZFM.
The Time Trials were the greatest OZFM gig ever.
And your best performancce was in my Demo Derby gig as my punching bag haha
You were a great help to me in my time in Admin and also just in general.
I hope to get to race ya still mate, theres still some fun about the place you just gotta dodge a few wombats.
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:10 am

That's a shame wolf, out at the right time i think though.. I agree with T-bagger, the time trials were awesome, we should get that back up and running again!

New mods have a big job to get this place back to it's former glory, no light at the end of the tunnel just yet..

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by wylie27 Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:14 am

The mods do have a big job, however everyone of us need to pitch in and help.

What we all need to do is pull our head in and think before we post.

wylie27
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by C RazyStingray Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:56 pm

^ and remember not to hijack a thread unless u r willing to be constructive. also not to direct posts at others. as blood said, use ur melon instead it just being another uneducated cakehole.
C RazyStingray
C RazyStingray
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down