OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simulation Steering (Wheel Users)

4 posters

Go down

Simulation Steering (Wheel Users) Empty Simulation Steering (Wheel Users)

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:10 pm

I used to use normal steering but felt it was too easy and forgiving. I use 900 degree lock for road cars, 540 for race and 720 for drift. All with Simulation steering on - it's harder, less forgiving and much more realistic.

Cars are supposed to put up a fight, and with Sim steering on that's what they do. It then takes time, patience, trial and error, to really master the car which in turn makes you a better driver. This is close to a real-world driving/racing experience.

So who here uses Simulation steering with a wheel? I'd love to race with some people who do! =D

Back to top Go down

Simulation Steering (Wheel Users) Empty Re: Simulation Steering (Wheel Users)

Post by original skin Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:42 pm

Sim steering + all aids off including mini map + cockpit view and I use a wheel with pedals + clutch. But I get destroyed buy most guys on here.

original skin
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:59 am

I was using Sim Steering until an XBL update killed it for me. I now use Normal steering. I am also beta testing the new dashboard, that is suppose to fix some of the wheel issues introduced by the previous update. Maybe I should switch it back on and see if it is fixed... or at least as it was when FM4 first came out.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:13 am

yep i use the full sim steering with wheel and pedals, no assists at all etc etc
I go for the closest simulation possible, i even turn a fan on for wind simulation most times haha
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:42 pm

Good to hear some people going for the realistic battle like me ;-)

@ Original skin - think you, me and a few other boys using the same settings should have a race one night so there is some fair competition. No point going up against controllers and people using normal steering with wheels because they have a huge advantage over us!

@ Dazza - that sucks the update killed it for you, however - I think you should give it another go ;-)

@ TEEROY - I take my simulation to the point of switching to paddle shift for the appropriate cars, sequential etc. I might be getting a G-Force simulator setup that attaches to my cockpit seat =D

Back to top Go down

Post by original skin Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:16 pm

Send me a Friend Request mate.

I've been experimenting with Normal Steering as the bug Dazza mentions can be a pain. Switching to Normal really stiffens up the steering to the point where Drift settings no longer have any effect and I had to reduce the FFB setting to 60 to compensate. I would much prefer to use Sim Steering but I wish the handling out of corners was a little more refined.

original skin
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:03 pm

I use Sim steer with all assists off. I've even tried going through the event list with AI on Pro, brake line and map turned off This provides quite a challenge. But for racing in a crowd, I'll always have normal steering, nose camera, map and speedo on.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by original skin Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:43 pm

Yeah, it's a bit easy to accidentally crash into someone with Simulation Steering on, but if everyone is cool with that and using similar hardware than I guess that's ok.

original skin
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:56 pm

I don't know of this bug, I use Sim steering becuz it's challenging & racing a car @ those speeds is a challenge in real life. I have driven a lambo Gallardo flat out on a race track in Vegas - sadly traction control was on & they wouldn't let me turn it off ...i got upto speeds of 150mph & almost lost it around one corner!

...comparing that to forza, sim steering & a full 900degree wheel - it's close! I admit Sim steering is a bit twitchy & sensitive but wouldn't travelling @ fast speeds into & out of a corner be like that? It's the drivers lack of control that makes the wheel do what it does.

Anyway, i shall add you all & set up a sim track & test day ;-) ...soon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down