enduro races through the year

View previous topic View next topic Go down

enduro races through the year

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:18 pm

maybe we can have Special enduro events like the 1000km of bathers at infineon nascar
of 2.4 h of the ring

Back to top Go down

Re: enduro races through the year

Post by JamieWhincup#1 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:51 pm

I already sort of do this Smile

"I don't know what happened there. I just plucked it in first, gave it some jandal and f@# yeah!" ~ Scott McLaughlin
JamieWhincup#1
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:54 pm

ok

Back to top Go down

Post by ThousandSumo on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:56 pm

Great idea. We've had a few enduro's this year already including 60 minutes at Laguna Seca with R1/R3 cars and 2.4 hours at Le Mans.

Put together a proposal or two for events with a poll and people will vote and discuss what they would like. What class cars, what tracks, how many laps etc.

Personally, not a big fan of Infineon. I prefer the 'easier' tracks such as Silverstone, Road America etc. I find with enduro races, 20 miuntes or more on Infineon, Nurburg etc and I'm totally drained. Those tracks require a high level of consentration, and racing with a controller only is hard yakka.

Others here love those tracks those. Just something to think about if your trying to get an idea up.

ThousandSumo
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:59 pm

If we do this i vote for a Daytona style race with Super GT cars on Drag Tires. drafting is a major thing in those cars and drag tires would add a pitstop element to it.
Dektra
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:17 pm

@ThousandSumo "Personally, not a big fan of Infineon. I prefer the 'easier' tracks such as Silverstone, Road America etc. I find with enduro races, 20 minutes or more on Infineon, Nurburg etc and I'm totally drained. Those tracks require a high level of consentration, and racing with a controller only is hard yakka."

i think Infineon nascar is the most like bathers but maybe Laguna Seca is more.
i was thinking maybe Silverstone gp and we can do a 30-60min race with cars like the britcar 24 look it up on Google if your interested. the cars can be s class sports cars and b or a class hot hatches.

Back to top Go down

Post by ThousandSumo on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Hmm, interesting. The BritCar looks to be raced across A, S, R3 and R2 classes.

Keep an eye whats happening on the forums. We've just wrapped up a GT2/GT3 Series where the masses voted to not have an 'end of season' enduro in favour of the V8 Supercar Test n Tune. So you'll likely have a harder sell trying to get a R2/R3 enduro up now.

Multi class racing is good fun too but with only 16 cars to a lobby, 4 classes is probably a bit much. Nothing worse than racing against only 3 other people.

ThousandSumo
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:40 pm

yes that is y i think gust A and R3 cars

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:39 pm

A and S class seem to be the best choice and if your interested check out the Video on the top gear sight named 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum