OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanatec wheels UPDATED - firmware 742

5 posters

Go down

Fanatec wheels UPDATED - firmware 742 Empty Fanatec wheels UPDATED - firmware 742

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:20 am

http://www.911wheel.de

Submitted by Thomas on Wed, 06/13/2012 - 05:04. wrote:

New beta firmware 742 and driver 125 with big changes for almost all Fanatec wheels UPDATED

The internal testing was succesful so far so we are now looking for external beta testers for our new firmware. These versions are clearly BETA versions so please install them only if you are an experienced user.

Firmware 742BETA runs on the follwing wheels:
•CSR
•CSR Elite
•911 GT3 RS V2
•911 Turbo S
•911 GT2

IMPORTANT: If you want to use the RF dongle (for PC and PS3) for your 911 GT2 or Turbo S wheel, please do not update, as with this version you can only use the USB connection afterwards.

There is no firmware update planned for the 911 Turbo (not S), 911 Carrera and 911 GT3RS V1.

We made a lot of changes and these are some of them:
•ACL added to all Wheels
•500 Hz update rate
•Allows use of SDK to show telemetry data on Tuning display
•Improved force feedback algorithms
•Improved FF sensitivity around center position
•Improved center spring
•DPR and SPR calculation changed
•Improved navigation in Tuning menu (keep pressing the up or down button)
•Default Sensitivity = OFF (900°)
•Changed button mapping to ensure compatibility to older games
•New initialisation sequence to auto detect minimum ff level required for each individual wheel
•fixed issue with hanging ff signals
•Changed button combo for center calibration. Please follow manual of updater (included)

If you use this on PC you also need to isntall the latest BETA version of our driver. Below you find version 125 for 32 and 64 bit.

It also comes with a lot of changes and we fixed a lot of issues we had in the force feedback core of the driver.

Like with the firmware, this version of the driver is only for eperienced users yet and not for the general public. Please report all issues you find right here so we can work on them before releasing the final versions.

Please use this driver version only with 742

http://www.911wheel.de

My Advice, read the comments section before updating and make your own choice.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Fanatec wheels UPDATED - firmware 742 Empty Re: Fanatec wheels UPDATED - firmware 742

Post by iWolf Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:51 am

Good find Dazza.

Thomas has commented that the beta test will be 2-3 weeks so its not that long to wait until they decide whether to release it as a final version.

Think I'll watch the comments that get posted for a while, it could be interesting.

I hope this firmware fixes the disconnect problem. Its about the only issue I have with the wheel.
iWolf
iWolf
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Fanatec wheels UPDATED - firmware 742 Empty Re: Fanatec wheels UPDATED - firmware 742

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:53 am

I do get the disconnecting, but I think I could count the number of times on one hand.

Same with the M$ wheel, I did have it disconnect at times, but not as much as others seem to.

I really think the disconnect issue is either environmental or the xbox itself.

It would be nice if they just did away with the wireless crap and let us connect through USB.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:59 am

Dazza4610 wrote:I do get the disconnecting, but I think I could count the number of times on one hand.

Same with the M$ wheel, I did have it disconnect at times, but not as much as others seem to.

I really think the disconnect issue is either environmental or the xbox itself.

It would be nice if they just did away with the wireless crap and let us connect through USB.

I get the problem too often and usually in the middle of a series event (like the last 2 weeks) Evil or Very Mad
I think we all suspect the problem is in the xbox or the wireless connection. I'm just hoping the firmware is a magic bullet. But I'd be a lot happier if we could just connect using USB as well.
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:34 am

It might allow us to use Simulation steering again though. Then all I need to get rid of is the braking line. Embarassed

ACL could be cool too for the R class cars.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:12 am

Dazza4610 wrote:ACL could be cool too for the R class cars.

I didn't pick that up, now that you've pointed it out - I WANT THE FIRMWARE UPDATE.
It'll be great to have auto clutch when using the paddle shifters, like it works in RL. Smile
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankTank Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:35 am

Has anybody else had an issue where the wheel will upshift one gear by itself, then not downshift at all until after a wheel reset?

I've had the issue on more than one GT2 (I've got a loaner at the moment).. It hasn't happened often - but it's just as annoying as a disconnect when it does.

Haven't had a disconnect in months though - fingers crossed I didn't just jinx myself.
FrankTank
FrankTank
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:44 am

Not quite the same problem frank, I do get double shifting. I need to apply the fix wolf documented a while back to fix that. Just a bit lazy I guess.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:19 pm

FrankTank wrote:Has anybody else had an issue where the wheel will upshift one gear by itself, then not downshift at all until after a wheel reset?

I've had the issue on more than one GT2 (I've got a loaner at the moment).. It hasn't happened often - but it's just as annoying as a disconnect when it does.

Haven't had a disconnect in months though - fingers crossed I didn't just jinx myself.

First time I've heard of that problem Frank, sounds like as much fun as a disconnect! scratch
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:35 pm

Had that on my Turbo S before it tanked.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:02 pm

Ok, So I took the plunge and "tried" the firmware update on my GT2.

Fail...

Basically the updater program said all was fine, but the wheel was unresponsive. I tried the Turbo S firware and that seemed to work except it was limited to 280 degree rotation... Fail.

So now I am back to the original firmware. 681

My advice if you have a GT2... WAIT!

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:47 am

Tried this firmware as well on the CSR, didn like it with a few problems on my wheel.

Basically the force feedback was good in really strong but felt wrong on Forza with the feedback it gave you, some good extended functions with spr dpr settings and there range but when on max spr it was really strong and a big gap between that and the level lower.

My main gripe with the firmware for my wheel was the lack of wheel weight, and the strong feedback it gave you, not to mention when sen was set to 'off' it was at 270' instead of 900' as claimed.

Basically was dissapointed but then it is a Beta install so reverted back to the 737 beta and much better.

I think if you didn have ACL on your wheel it could work with some testing and adjusting with your wheel settings and in game deadzones, as noticed the steering deadzone was non existent and did adjust that in game to inside 2 but that was way to much and went to 1 which was better.

Worth a try as it's easy to flash back to your prior firmware just make sure you have that firmware saved already to make it easy.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:20 am

Also noticed there is a newer driver to instal now instead of 125 beta, Update 3 has a 126 beta driver for the 742 beta firmware, which may help with some of the problems experienced.

Can be found @ http://www.fanatec.com/support

Last edited by oO Sleuth Oo on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:23 am

oO Sleuth Oo wrote:Also noticed there is a newer driver to instal now instead of 125 beta, there is 126 beta driver for the 742 firmware, which may help with some of the problems with the firmware.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w16mirl3haai0s2

I think that is the driver for the use of wheel itself within games on the PC. The USB driver is all you should need to do the update of the firmware.

I could be wrong though, and I will install that driver on my laptop tonight and try it again.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down