OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bathurst is coming to iRacing

+2
FrankTank
Dazza4610
6 posters

Go down

Bathurst is coming to iRacing Empty Bathurst is coming to iRacing

Post by Dazza4610 Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:01 am

Bathurst is coming to iRacing Bathur10

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Bathurst is coming to iRacing Empty Re: Bathurst is coming to iRacing

Post by FrankTank Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:29 am

Wonder if they'll bother to get Holden on board....
FrankTank
FrankTank
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:15 am

http://www.iracing.com/inracingnews/iracing-news/bathurst-coming-to-iracing wrote:
Bathurst Coming to iRacing!

Mount Panorama, renowned home of the Bathurst 12 Hour and Bathurst 1000, is coming to iRacing.com. The world’s foremost online motorsports simulation service today announced it has reached an agreement with the Bathurst Regional Council to build a digital version of the spectacular 4 mile (6.213 km) Australian road course.

“This is great news for iRacing and our 35,000 members,” says Steve Myers, iRacing.com executive vice president and executive producer. “Mount Panorama certainly is one of the world’s most spectacular race tracks; one of the few remaining circuits that uses public roads. Its big elevation changes, huge straightaways and endless variety of corners make for a supreme challenge for drivers and their machines.

“Everyone at iRacing is anticipating the challenge of creating a digital version of Mount Panorama that does justice to the real thing, just as iRacers all over the world are looking forward to tackling the track’s many challenges.”

“Mount Panorama on iRacing? Fantastic!” — Shane van Gisbergen

Long held as the Mecca of Australian motorsports, Mount Panorama’s origins date to a dirt-track/tourist drive carved-out of the hills above the city of Bathurst in the mid-1930s. With the support of local auto and motorcycle clubs and the Federal Government, the site was developed into a facility suitable for motor racing. The first races were staged in 1938 and today, Mount Panorama attracts upwards of 200,000 spectators to its iconic Bathurst 12 Hour and Bathurst 1000 events.

“On behalf of the Bathurst Regional Council and motorsports fans from New South Wales, throughout Australia and around the world, I’m delighted Mount Panorama will be joining iRacing’s collection of virtual race tracks,” says Greg Westman, Mayor of Bathurst Regional Council. “Mount Panorama is a uniquely historic and exciting venue, the heart and soul of Australian motorsport. iRacing is rightly known for the authenticity of its circuits, cars and the online racing experience itself, and we’re very pleased Mount Panorama will be taking its place with the other world class facilities on the service.”

Among the more than 30 virtual race cars available on iRacing.com is the Ford Falcon FG as raced in the V8 Supercar Series presented by Big Pond. A number of V8 Supercar drivers are active iRacers, including Shane van Gisbergen, Scott McLaughlin, Jason Bright and Mark Winterbottom. Not surprisingly, they are enthusiastic about iRacing’s agreement with Mount Panorama.

“Mount Panorama on iRacing? Fantastic!” says van Gisbergen, a regular in iRacing’s officially-sanctioned online version of the V8 Supercar series. “Having worked together with Scotty (McLaughlin) and iRacing developing their Ford Falcon, I know firsthand the painstaking work that goes into iRacing’s cars and tracks. I have no doubt iRacing’s Mount Panorama will be spot-on in every detail . . . we may even have to dodge a ‘roo or two during the races! I can’t wait.”

Mount Panorama is the third Australian circuit to be added to iRacing.com’s catalogue of race tracks, following Phillip Island Circuit (released in 2010) and Oran Park (scheduled for release this summer). iRacing’s laser-scan team will travel to Australia later this year to begin the process of creating a digitized version of the Mount Panorama circuit.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:31 am

Bathurst and Oran Park drool
Looks like I'm going to have to a get myself a decent pc for this.
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:54 am

And they already have Philip Island.

Looking at a few options for an upgraded PC myself.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:18 pm

I'm thinking similar, plus with Project cars.

Wonder how much for a pc Tower with all the good bits in it is?
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:06 pm

I dont think you need a powerhouse, for me I would want to have HDMI output.

Hmm, my Windows Media Centre has HDMI output, an internet connection, and a 50" plasma. Now I wonder if the wife will let me use that as well as what I have already. lol I think not.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by ted Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:56 pm

Dazza4610 wrote:I dont think you need a powerhouse, for me I would want to have HDMI output.

Hmm, my Windows Media Centre has HDMI output, an internet connection, and a 50" plasma. Now I wonder if the wife will let me use that as well as what I have already. lol I think not.

yeah i'm running it on a two year old laptop and it pumps out 128fps in low detail which is perfectly acceptable in the visual department ( i have to limit the FPS down to 80, to stop screen tearing ) and i've hooked it up to the 50" telly in the lounge. i highly recommend it.
ted
ted
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:19 pm

I recently sold my iRacing account....

My personal opinion is you will get some great people to race with on there but alot of them can be down right idiots.

And some people get VERY VERY touchy about the club forums and how you behave as it represents the whole club ect.

Also in my case i had spent around $750 on iRacing yeah it was great but once you get over it nothing you can do about it and there is a load of money gone... Luckily enough i managed to sell my account to someone else.

Personally if you have not already subscribed to iRacing id hold off for GTR 3, Assetto Corsa or even when rF 2 is finished.

Back to top Go down

Post by ted Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:48 am

C0R3Y858 wrote:I recently sold my iRacing account....

My personal opinion is you will get some great people to race with on there but alot of them can be down right idiots.

And some people get VERY VERY touchy about the club forums and how you behave as it represents the whole club ect.

Also in my case i had spent around $750 on iRacing yeah it was great but once you get over it nothing you can do about it and there is a load of money gone... Luckily enough i managed to sell my account to someone else.

Personally if you have not already subscribed to iRacing id hold off for GTR 3, Assetto Corsa or even when rF 2 is finished.

i'm having a completely different experience to you Corey. the only time i had issues was in rookies, but that was only half as bad as public lobbies in Forza. and silly drivers just end up getting suspended eventually anyway. d class and onwards has been solid racing for me.

as for cost well over the years i've spent just as much on Forza as i have on iracing, and i have the whole iracing kit now, and you can get a taste of iracing for ten bucks for three months. you get a handful of cars and tracks and if you like it you take it from there. all you need is the internet on, a 'middle of the road' PC and compatible wheel. it's really worth a shot at the moment.

as for clubs, i'll doubt i'll ever be involved in one. the iracing scheduling is so good it's not required in my opinion.

oh, and they even pay you to race when you reach d class. i get enough iracing credits now that i don't have to pay for the new tracks they are releasing, only the subscription fee, which on a yearly basis is the same as an xboxlive gold account.,

it is certainly a different kind of commitment than other racing simulators and i imagine it would turn some people off. comparing it to GTR and rF is kind of unfair though as they are different plays on the genre. having to watch your Safety Rating while still be competitive is a bit of a task. admittedly if you want something to flog around with your mates i doubt this would be a good choice. iracing is a worldwide sanctioned series and is treated as such. i think the way the site is constantly automatically running race series is fantastic. no trying to organise people for a race and i can race ANY time i feel like it. this is the only sim i've gotten a genuine feeling of the pressure of racing from and for that i love it. i get super anxious just sitting at the start line bounce
ted
ted
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:20 am

Which one is the game where people have made old group a cars you can race in as well as all the old ATCC tracks to race on?
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by ted Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:34 pm

sempeR wrote:Which one is the game where people have made old group a cars you can race in as well as all the old ATCC tracks to race on?

it was rFactor sempeR.
ted
ted
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down