OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY ELITE SETUP. NOT SO ELITE :P

4 posters

Go down

MY ELITE SETUP. NOT SO ELITE :P Empty MY ELITE SETUP. NOT SO ELITE :P

Post by Guest Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:21 am

Hello OZFM. Just wanted to share with you the setup I got Very Happy. It cost $600 for the cockpit and $1100 for the Elite setup. TV and speaker system was mine from years ago. Before you say anything - the TV is way to big for this setup, I know. It's all I had but I'll soon be swapping it out for something slightly smaller. Regardless, it looks and feels good when your sitting in it because the steering wheel sits almost perfectly over the in-game wheel.

So it's not exactly a immaculate setup but it's snug, locked in tight and it feels good. I didn't have time to get all technical. The shifters setup up is with cable ties and fabric tape! lol. The steering wheel is only bolted in with 2 bolts rather then 4 because my mate f$%ked the drilling holes. Pedals are sweet and the sound system needs to be drastically replaced, even though it sounds good in there, the setup is just ugly.

So not so much of an 'Elite' setup for an Elite piece of hardware, but it works, and it works great. I have never played something that felt so intense and close to the real thing. Sure PC Sims win over Forza but Forza and that wheel bring it closer and closer to reality. Plus it's extremely fun! Enjoy the shots down the bottom (sorry if there shit, iPhone camera).

If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts that would be much appreciated Wink.

MY ELITE SETUP. NOT SO ELITE :P 6972486180_634dabe2f1_c

MY ELITE SETUP. NOT SO ELITE :P 7118564891_5e34a5e823

MY ELITE SETUP. NOT SO ELITE :P 6972487598_5c2161a9d3

MY ELITE SETUP. NOT SO ELITE :P 6972488178_cddf208385

MY ELITE SETUP. NOT SO ELITE :P 6972485478_5a79b61b3d

MY ELITE SETUP. NOT SO ELITE :P 7118566633_da099bf713

MY ELITE SETUP. NOT SO ELITE :P 6972489164_a547419c28

MY ELITE SETUP. NOT SO ELITE :P 6972489818_bddb1757b1

MY ELITE SETUP. NOT SO ELITE :P 6972490480_890d5c00b0

MY ELITE SETUP. NOT SO ELITE :P 6972491296_695d6d0448

MY ELITE SETUP. NOT SO ELITE :P 7118562315_909211696e

MY ELITE SETUP. NOT SO ELITE :P 6972484744_409b3121a1
Just showing this off as I used to play with that on me wall in my room. We put it out in the living room one night and my mate was playing during earth hour. Nothing else was on, just FORZA! ahahahaha. Anyway the projector is on it's way out so sadly I can't use it to often Sad

Back to top Go down

MY ELITE SETUP. NOT SO ELITE :P Empty Re: MY ELITE SETUP. NOT SO ELITE :P

Post by CarSteerYou Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:12 pm

TV looks a good size to me Twisted Evil
CarSteerYou
CarSteerYou
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ausfez Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:58 am

wicked set-up man... kill to have one like it
ausfez
ausfez
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Tue May 01, 2012 9:51 am

Love that wheel D3FCTV, and the rig is solid as well.
The wiring could use some tidying up tho. Razz

How about some info on how the wheel works.
The control layout looks much more like a controller. What functions are available on the buttons and joystick when you're playing FM4?
iWolf
iWolf
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 8:29 pm

Cheers. The setup is pretty sweet but always looking to perfect it. Very Happy ...wiring is such a biatch! tongue

As for the wheel setup itself, it's an animal of a machine! The button layout is similar to the controller visually - Y,X,A,B buttons on the right hand side with the stick on the left which actually acts as the directional pad. Back and start buttons in the centre with LSB & RSB on either side. Those are the thumbstick buttons if clicked in on a controller.

The button layout is practically the same as what it is on the controller. Though I use B for handbrake instead of A. Hydrolic handbrake is in need as pushing a button sucks! Sadly you can't just apply any setting to a certain button. Similar to the controller layout - you can swap, e.g. Clutch for Handbrake etc.

The wheel also allows you to tune specific settings within it via a little 'tuning' button next to the 'start' button. You can have upto 5 settings.

Settings include:
Sen (Degrees)
FF (Force Feedback)
Sho (Shock Vibration) (Not Sure what this does)
Dri (Drift Mode) (Adjusts the damper allowing for smoother steering)

Abs (Abs/Lock up Vibration) (Push the brakes to a certain point and the steering wheel will vibrate. This is great for judging when your about to lock up)

Lin (Lineraty)
Dea (Deadzone)
Spr (Spring Back) (Spring strenght of wheel returning to centre)
Dpr (Damper)
ACL (Auto Clutch) (Mainly for flappy paddle gearboxes)

Currently I am running 3 setting for Forza:
-----------
ROAD CARS (S_1)
-----------

Sen - 900
FF - 100
Sho - 100
Dri - 0
Abs - 100
Lin - 0
Dea - 0
Spr - 0
Dpr - 0
ACL - Off/On, depending on cars gearbox type. I Try to keep things as realistic as possible. This feature basically allows you to run the 'manual w/clutch' setting within forza but automatically presses the clutch on the elite. Mainly for the flappy paddle cars...

-----------
DRIFT CARS (S_2)
-----------

Sen - 720
FF - 10
Sho - 0
Dri - 5
Abs - 0
Lin - 0
Dea - 0
Spr - -3
Dpr - 0
ACL - Off

-----------
RACE CARS (S_3)
-----------

Sen - 540
FF - 100
Sho - 100
Dri - 0
Abs - 100
Lin - 0
Dea - 0
Spr - -2
Dpr - 0
ACL - Off/On

MY IN GAME SETTINGS FOR THE WHEEL ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Steering dzone in: 0
--------------------------
Steering dzone out: 82
Accel dzone in: 0
Accel dzone out: 100
Decel dzone in: 0
Decel dzone out: 100
Clutch dzone in: 0
Clutch dzone out: 100
Handbrake dzone in: 10
Handbrake dzone out: 100
Vibration scale: 100
FFB Scale: 100

As for the pedal setup. I find it great but would like to inverse the whole thing. I also think they've done a great job on simulating a brake pedal with adjustable sensitivity on the actual pedal itself. The accelerator still feels to loose but easy to get used to. The clutch is almost perfect. Everything is adjustable as well. Take off a few screws and move the pedals closer to one another or adjust how much leverage they have. It really is built for anyone.

The gearbox feels great but could be more realistic by just having the gears that little bit more spaced apart. Rarely I find myself in the heat of racing and smashing it down into first when I wanted to go into third. This is easily solved by getting used to where each gear goes like a real car Razz ..I have both H-Pattern and Sequential shifters setup side by side, for particular cars of course.

....that's all I've got, for now! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Wed May 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Thanks for that mate.

I like the ACL button, more realistic for paddle shift cars. As you said.
And useful for race nights so as not to wreck gearboxes in the heat of battle.

Let me know if you get bored with it and want to lend it out to someone. Smile
Otherwise I'll be content with my GT2.
iWolf
iWolf
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 03, 2012 7:38 pm

Hey mate. Your set up looks great, and I don't know what you mean by saying TV is too big as looks like a PERFECT size to me.

Now, if I am not mistaken, you got the Obutto rig and I am looking at getting one soon.

They say that the monitor stand it for 24" tv/monitor. How did you go about mounting this monster of TV to the rig?

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankTank Thu May 03, 2012 9:33 pm

The triple monitor stand on the Obutto is good for 3 x 24 inch monitors. If you are mounting a single screen you should be fine for a significantly larger screen..

You do end up sitting reasonably close to the screen though, so you really don't need something massive...
FrankTank
FrankTank
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 03, 2012 9:47 pm

No worries iWolf Razz ahahahaha ...I was going to purchase the GT2, had been saving for a while until they announced the Elite and I kept saving and waiting, worth it Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Russian_Bloke - thanks dude, come to think of it ...the TV is perfect, possibly because I've gotten used to it. However, the problem with it being so big, the steering wheel cannot be lowered anymore then where you see it positioned now. So it doesn't work to well for very short people or people who enjoy the wheel at a lower level.

As for mounting this monster of a TV ...there were already pre-drilled holes with inserted threads for another mountin system. The 'Obutto' mounting plate sadly did not sit perfectly over all the pre-drilled holes on the TV. It was either to sit over the top 2 holes or bottom 2 holes.

I made the top 2 holes larger on the Obutto mounting plate as the provided screws were to small for the TV's already drilled holes and locked in the previous TV mounting screws.

The provided 'Obutto' mounting plate screws went around the rest. Holes were drilled into the TV for this which means those provided screws are not locked in solid. Not to worry because the top 2 screws are huge and extremely strong.

The TV is a 40" ...I think. Way over the recommended Twisted Evil

HOPE THAT WASN'T TOO MUCH INFO AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Thanks for the info D3FCTV. I got a 40" TV as well, so its great to know that it can be mounted without having to weld or something like that... Ill just do exactly what you have done with the screws. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down