OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSR shifter

2 posters

Go down

CSR shifter Empty CSR shifter

Post by crimson eagle73 Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:03 pm

It's on it's way. Probably get it tomorrow.
I'll put a review up after I've played with it a couple of hours.

Last edited by crimson eagle73 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

CSR shifter Empty Re: CSR shifter

Post by FrankTank Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:38 pm

Is that a new type of shifter Crimson?
FrankTank
FrankTank
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:50 pm

Nah. Im just dyslexic lol. It's the one from fanatec

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:26 am

Okay. Got the shifter set yesterday afternoon after work. Set to work putting it onto my rig. Pretty easy job. It uses exactly the same mounting systen and PS2 connectors as the old shifter set. I just unbolted the old one and put the new H pattern shifter on. It's also exactly the same dimentions
One thing I did like, although I never used it, It comes with sticky sided (male/female) velcro. And this could be very usefull for anyone trying to mount the shifter on a flat surface instead of using the chopsticks on the wheel.
You also get a new set of chopsticks (?) and some extra cable. I suppose the CSR wheel comes with a telephone line type connector to the wheel itself rather than PS2. A bit like the old M$ connector. I'm guessing it's because the ps2 cables keep falling out, who knows, I never had an issue with that.
You also get a new sequential shifter. Which doesn't bother me cause I never use it anyway, but I could see how it would be authentic for those V8 Supercar races.
They feel pretty good. They seem a bit heavier and more solid. Getting the shifter into reverse is now as easy as any other gear. (Big plus when you lose it sometimes as I do).
They make about the same amount of noise as the old one. I've played with it for a couple of hours now and have not missed a shift at all.
Other than that there is not that much more to say. Slightly better feel than the old one. Reverse is tons better. Is it worth the extra money? For me yes, but for others, you have to make that decision.

PS You must calibrate using the start/tuning button combo before using for the first time. If you're not a total idiot (like me) it's a 2 minute job.

I calibrated mine and then tested it. Everything worked until it tried to shift from 5th to 6th. It would not go. Thought it was faulty as I recalibrated about 2 or 3 times.

Then I found out what the issue was. I was testing it with a mercedes slr which only has a five speed box lol.

Moral of the story: make sure you have a six speed car selected before testing the unit.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down