OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project CARS

+38
surferofthemind
ThresholdAU
TheAlfheim
Mitch
Diilusion
Evil xr 1200
Sly Dux
xCaderz_98
MadRacer38
CosmicChimera
TEEROY 34
Zabbey21
XYvSTUvYX
NzLRyaNLzN
sempeR
Goomf
Envy The Best
NoRecoil
Dektra
SunCrossed
stikman
ted
CarSteerYou
Don Stylz
Arckon
RU four 86
RRT_DemoN
Reaps
crimson eagle73
mcrow5
OctarineDream
JamieWhincup#1
Dazza4610
baconterrain
sillybilly77
STONDKIWI
FrankTank
Sleuth 101
42 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Project CARS - Page 12 Empty Re: Project CARS

Post by Dektra Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:04 am

Do karts still have massive Steering ratios

Dektra
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:30 am

I'm racing them at the moment, but haven't for a week and from memory its pretty small now like a kart, it didn't feel unnatural when driving them so that must be a good thing. I'll check in the next day or so. Karts were until recently not very good, I can say they have gotten a lot better I'm currently doing Karts in career and its quite fun... I like the Calendar way they are doing career, gives you the opportunity to get invites to other series and still race in the current one...

SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:59 pm

I haven't played this in a while. So I hooked the wheel up and gave it a go. Wow. Feels fantastic. Graphics are best I have ever seen. Fantastic feeling once the wheel is set up correctly. Racing with difficulty at 100 was actually quite tough. And that's with me having all the assists on. How many guys here are going to get this thing. March is not far away.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:56 am

I think the question is: Who ISN'T going to get it? I would be pretty surprised that anyone who wants to race seriously on a console would pass this game up...so long as she stands up of course.
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:15 am

Playing publics on Forza yesterday a bunch of guys were saying, oh p cars is just a tweaked up grid it'll never be Forza 6. Hory sheet the fan bois stand by their fave car showcase/game.
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:24 pm

sempeR wrote:Playing publics on Forza yesterday a bunch of guys were saying, oh p cars is just a tweaked up grid it'll never be Forza 6. Hory sheet the fan bois stand by their fave car showcase/game.

Grid lol. This makes me think they have not actually played the builds. The biggest point of difference for me is not the handling. For me it's the way the vehicles stay on the track, even with bump and grind. I used to fly off the track with the slightest bump. Made competitive racing really difficult. With P cars. you can bump and grind and stay planted on the track so accidents are no big deal. It will not wipe out 2 seconds per lap due to damaged aero.
Tracks: man there are so many options it is not even funny. Brilliant selection.
Race Options: Everything you could wish for is there. Rain, Night, Day, Adjusted time, Variable weather.
Cars: nice list, but not as comprehensive as forza.
Tuning options: Haven't played around with them but see above.
Graphics: Not seen forza 5 but I'm assuming it's about on par with that.

My biggest wish is that PC players can get to race xbox one players and PS4 players. Not sure if the big wigs will let that happen, but it would be a dream if it could. .I'm no fan boy for either. I like both games. It's just the only negative I can see with pcars is no aussie V8's

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:01 pm

crimson eagle73 wrote:...Cars: nice list, but not as comprehensive as forza...

I'd beg to differ, less cars but a better selection
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:23 am

Dektra wrote:
crimson eagle73 wrote:...Cars: nice list, but not as comprehensive as forza...

I'd beg to differ, less cars but a better selection

This
Small car list but lots of cars that are balanced to race against each other
hillcrest
hillcrest
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:27 am

crimson eagle73 wrote: It's just the only negative I can see with pcars is no aussie V8's

I thought the Ford was in
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAlfheim Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:55 am

crimson eagle73 wrote:My biggest wish is that PC players can get to race xbox one players and PS4 players. Not sure if the big wigs will let that happen, but it would be a dream if it could.

This would be awesome. But, as I understand it, there's cross platform technical limitations which affect a number of titles - so they keep the worlds separate.

(Dont ask me what they are, but the trend is separation, not inclusion)

TheAlfheim
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:44 pm

Does anyone have good ffb settings for a fanatic gt2 wheel? Both in game and on wheel. Can't seem to get it right

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:54 pm

Just heard from a mate on the project:
looking like Consoles are getting 16 player online racing but during career mode there can be upto 45 on track.

Very disappointing if true.
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:42 pm

crimson eagle73 wrote:Does anyone have good ffb settings for a fanatic gt2 wheel? Both in game and on wheel. Can't seem to get it right

Go HERE there are some XML files you can download to get the FFB better, There's a generic one size fits all file then you can create car specific files it can get pretty involved. My initial testing was just with a one for all thing and so far that has done wonders for the the feeling as a whole. Don't set tyre force too high you'll get clipping which means at a stand still the wheel will go crazy.

Fanatec Wheel Settings
HERE
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:47 pm

TheAlfheim wrote:
crimson eagle73 wrote:My biggest wish is that PC players can get to race xbox one players and PS4 players. Not sure if the big wigs will let that happen, but it would be a dream if it could.

This would be awesome.  But, as I understand it, there's cross platform technical limitations which affect a number of titles - so they keep the worlds separate.  

It's M$ and P$ that generate this issue, why allow cross platform when people will buy multiple copies for different platforms? I already know I will need to buy pCars for X1, I already have it for the PC annoying but the way it is... technically there would be very little different in the information passed around there might need to be some servers in the middle doing some translating but that wouldn't be difficult... But no money in that...
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by C RazyStingray Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:05 pm

SunCrossed wrote:
TheAlfheim wrote:

This would be awesome.  But, as I understand it, there's cross platform technical limitations which affect a number of titles - so they keep the worlds separate.  

It's M$ and P$ that generate this issue, why allow cross platform when people will buy multiple copies for different platforms? I already know I will need to buy pCars for X1, I already have it for the PC annoying but the way it is... technically there would be very little different in the information passed around there might need to be some servers in the middle doing some translating but that wouldn't be difficult... But no money in that...

Actually, M$ just announced this week that there will be cross platform capabilities between X1 and Windows 10 (including a free upgrade to Windows 10 for Windows 7/8 users in the first year). Will also be able to stream X1 games to windows 10 devices.

http://news.microsoft.com/windows10story/

Having said that, dont think it will be available in PC - but potentially a sequel could include this feature, or they may include it in a giant 40GB patch later on in true M$/X1 fashion.

Last edited by C RazyStingray on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
C RazyStingray
C RazyStingray
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:43 pm

SunCrossed wrote:
Go HERE there are some XML files you can download to get the FFB better, There's a generic one size fits all file then you can create car specific files it can get pretty involved. My initial testing was just with a one for all thing and so far that has done wonders for the the feeling as a whole. Don't set tyre force too high you'll get clipping which means at a stand still the wheel will go crazy.

Fanatec Wheel Settings
HERE

Outstanding. I have them for a few cars. Feels awesome now. Can't wait for all the cars to be done.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:28 am

C RazyStingray wrote:
Will also be able to play X1 games on the windows 10.

False, it allows streaming from XBone to Win10 enabled PC's. Not the same thing.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:32 am

Hi all, long time no race... I have hi expectations for this game and getting back into racing, but for me it will only be on Pc these days. Purely a $$$ to upgrade to xbone a new wheel rig, headset, buttkicker against the title alone and everything works on pc. Not my preferred option as OZFM kept me racing week in week out over the years. Just the way it is, shit happens. Keep safe all, and don't become a statistic, our roads are not a playground, that's what racing games are for... RU
RU four 86
RU four 86

Back to top Go down

Post by C RazyStingray Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:43 pm

Envy The Best wrote:
C RazyStingray wrote:
Will also be able to play X1 games on the windows 10.

False, it allows streaming from XBone to Win10 enabled PC's. Not the same thing.

You are right, it is only streaming, which i meant to say in the first place. Thanks for picking it up, dont wanna give false info. Fixed my post now. And added the link to the media briefing.
C RazyStingray
C RazyStingray
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:42 pm

Not that I could afford to do it, especially that I was so keen to get a good wheel set up, but what would be a realistic PC set up $wise? The thought that I can be playing online with so many human drivers on a different platform while I'm stuck with a measly 16 on the Bone is going to grate.
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:41 pm

Pre ordered Pcars for XB1 today, will be my get back to racing game, did have it for the PC early on and was good but then got me cash back when the offer was on.

A reasonable lap top would run Pcars on the PC.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:43 pm

I have not got a reasonable laptop Sad
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:37 pm

First of all keep in mind that if you bought a wheel set up you've spent at least $1000 up on Xbone gaming. 500 mininum for the console, 539 for the only FFB wheel and around 60 bucks a year to play online, include your 360 time and projected Xbone usage to gauge just how much you're wasting for the right to play online on a service that gets taken down by script kiddies regularly. Then add in the cost of new controllers, brand new games @ 60 bucks+

Now we'll look at recommended specs.

CPU: 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 3700, 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350

GRAPHICS: nVidia GT600 series, AMD Radeon HD7000 series

MEMORY: 8Gb RAM, 2Gb VRAM

So for PCARS this is actually really tame. The i7 is simply not needed, not enough of a difference between the i5 and i7 for what we're doing.

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/z9xDK8

Now this is a build i cooked up in 10 minutes that WILL run this on reasonable settings at 1080/60. This is using brand new parts etc, so you can easily save some cash by finding some older gen parts for your CPU and GPU that will be just as good. The graphics card in that specific build is a generation above what is recommended.

Its just about shopping around, doing a bit of reading to see what you need, getting someone to build it if you're not confident and you're good to go. PC's have a greater upfront cost, but over time they are generally cheaper with massive savings on games.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:40 pm

Envy, this is the big reason I decided not to get the xbone. I have a perfectly good GT2 wheel I spent $700 on a few years ago. I did not want to waste money and turn my current wheel into a paperweight. So I purchased a $400 4gb VGA card and now can run Pcars very well with the optimizations. If you wanted a vga card now you could get one twice as fast for the same price.
Nothing like having a grid of 20+ other cars on the track.
BTW my specs are very similar to what you listed. Except I have 16 GB ram and windows 7.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:18 pm

VGA?

I think you're confusing your terminology. The graphics card is the GPU, or Graphics Processing Unit. VGA refers to Video Graphics Array, which is a monitor display type that only runs at 640x480.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:43 pm

hehehe showing my age. I call all graphics cards Cards VGA . Its a radeon R9 270 4GB

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:22 pm

So this sounds worrying

Details Here
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down