OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanatec GT2 "Vibration/Feedback" Update - anyone confirm this?

3 posters

Go down

Fanatec GT2 "Vibration/Feedback" Update - anyone confirm this? Empty Fanatec GT2 "Vibration/Feedback" Update - anyone confirm this?

Post by Mitch Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:27 pm

Hello everyone;

As I have spent little time on FM4 recently, im just seeing if anyone knows of any updates for the Fanatec GT2 wheel in recent times.

The main update I was hoping for someone to confirm was regarding the GT2 lack of vibration and feel. I have been told that there is, but upon blowing the dust of the thing and plugging it in, nothing was evident that there was such an update.

Its actually one thing that has seen me move away from Xbox and FM4 in paticular - my own consistancy due to the lack of feel and vibration. The original Xbox 360 wheel (aka: Sir Glitch-a-lot) didnt have the weight of the GT2, but its vibration and feel was superior, as was my consistancy (and overall enjoyment too).

Id like to have a punt on my old Turbo-S to compare the two. Im sure the [older] Turbo-S was better again in this department.

Mitch
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Fanatec GT2 "Vibration/Feedback" Update - anyone confirm this? Empty Re: Fanatec GT2 "Vibration/Feedback" Update - anyone confirm this?

Post by Dazza4610 Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:35 pm

It may be in your setting Mitch, mine feels great! CHeckout the fanatec wheel site (can't remember the link at the moment) and try a few different setups.

Or, if I catch you online sometime, I can read out the settings I have.

I feel cracks in the road with my GT2.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Fanatec GT2 "Vibration/Feedback" Update - anyone confirm this? Empty Re: Fanatec GT2 "Vibration/Feedback" Update - anyone confirm this?

Post by Mitch Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:38 pm

I have lots of weight and force feedback - but very little in terms on feel and vibration/feel. [my magna has more steering feel!!] Run over a ripple strip or lock a brake and you only feel a very faint vibration to let you know what is happening.

Ive tried every setup combination possible and it is still not up to old glitchalot standards. Been like this from the outset Suspect confused
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:42 pm

1st of all, welcome back, no?

Secondly, i get plenty of feel in the Turbo, but only when something major happens like grass or ripples, otherwise its very very faint. Personally i think somethings slipped inside, but i just cbf getting it fixed. It works fine.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:40 am

Hahaha yeah I think I might be a welcome back for the 4th or 5th time now.....lol.

But yeah im sure the Turbo was better - the hardware is different between the two. But go off track and onto the grass or sand and the forcefeedback motors go ape-shit - but delbrately push the car into understeer and nup....ive got to have the tyre sounds cranked so i know what the car is doing!!

Hmmm it just might be the thing of the wheel is fine and im just to damn fussy - or im ratlling off race-drivers excuses to why im not quick lol!!! Fanatec GT2 "Vibration/Feedback" Update - anyone confirm this? 954218Have to have a race with all sometime - swing us some FR there Envy. Good to have you back on too - last time I visited it was at least 12 months since you were here too lol!!
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:31 pm

Indeed it was, wasn't too serious about any sort of racing at the time, but i got my bearings now, besides it would be a sign of disrespect with regards to the TT comp if i didn't become more active xD
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Yeah i heard that you won a little something lol!! And it wasnt a FM credits either!! Good stuff!!
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down