OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Rivals' ghost racing

+7
Whittie260
lakerslegend
o MANIC o
stikman
Envy The Best
Sly Dux
iWolf
11 posters

Go down

'Rivals' ghost racing Empty 'Rivals' ghost racing

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:47 am

I'm not as far into the game as most of you blokes, but i'm slowly levelling up and enjoying the game. Have not touched any Forza game for ages and my poor old Forza 3 disk is under a pile of dust.

Good to see the 'Rival' feature in Forza 4. I'm really having fun chasing the ghost hotlap replays of my mates, no lag, just good old fashioned hotlaps. I've done a few tracks in the 'Rival Hotlap' section (Laguna Seca, Tsukuba and Road Atlanta, and will be keeping an eye out in the 'Rival TopGear' section where i spent some time in the Panoz at Road Atlanta last night.

Anyone else enjoying this new feature?

Back to top Go down

'Rivals' ghost racing Empty Re: 'Rivals' ghost racing

Post by iWolf Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:39 pm

Rypien wrote:I'm not as far into the game as most of you blokes, but i'm slowly levelling up and enjoying the game. Have not touched any Forza game for ages and my poor old Forza 3 disk is under a pile of dust.

Good to see the 'Rival' feature in Forza 4. I'm really having fun chasing the ghost hotlap replays of my mates, no lag, just good old fashioned hotlaps. I've done a few tracks in the 'Rival Hotlap' section (Laguna Seca, Tsukuba and Road Atlanta, and will be keeping an eye out in the 'Rival TopGear' section where i spent some time in the Panoz at Road Atlanta last night.

Anyone else enjoying this new feature?

I am for sure. Smile

Haven't done a lot yet, been concentrating on career mode.
But I've had challenges from couple of the guys hereabouts and felt the need to compete...
Great fun and I reckon it'll be a game extender for sure.

Might have to look at the leaderboards, see if I can get on terms with your efforts.
iWolf
iWolf
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Dux Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:11 pm

I personally think that the rivals mode is one of the best modes in any racing game i have ever played. I have lost countless hours pitting my skills against some of the other guys on my friends list and in the ozfm car club and by god are some of you guys fast. This mode pushes everyone to the next level learning tracks like no other racer out there, god knows how much slower i would be if i didnt get the chance to see some of the lines other people take and adjust mine accordingly. Such a challenge, such fun. Not to mention there is bucket loads of cash just waiting to be made out of it too hehe so cmon fellas get stuck into it!!
Sly Dux
Sly Dux
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:49 pm

Yep, its helped me come to grips with certain tracks and cars for sure. Was good to get the feel of the game again without idiot AI or randoms online. Spent last night running 'Rivals Hotlaps' chasing the ghost of SimRacingTonights own Shaun Cole at Laguna Seca. Today i was pounding Road America in a race prepared Corvette and enjoying this overpowered RWD beast. Found a few old mates that i used to race in offline hotlap comps with the old Gran Turismo games and have been having a blast running with their ghosts. Seen a few OZFM names hitting some nice times too Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:56 pm

Its taught me how to use the clutch effectively, i mean i've been trying but it wasn't until this afternoon that everything just "clicked" so to speak. Been doing the Lotus Elise rivals mode after my mate kept getting lower and lower in the times while i was at school. He was quite proud of his time, so i beat it by 1 second in an hour....Very Happy
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:01 pm

I like rivals mode. The xp and money seems really good. I just don't have the time to beat some of the amazing top 1% times. I've seen some great laps by the club. The laps that annoy me the most are the ones where you have to dodge slower moving traffic while going fast. Sorry, but certified lap times on this take forever and even if you can get a certified time, doesn't mean it will be good. I saw The Jester Race's time in my CLK GTR on Nurburg GP. Looked really nice. Looked like he was hardly dodging anything in the replay though. Wish I could be that lucky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:21 pm

I'm not into the events where you have AI traffic, or Drift, or anything other than good ole fashioned Hotlaps. Always enjoyed a good hotlap session, and this 'Rivals' feature is really keeping me with this game atm.

Got a couple of reasonable times, and a few shockers. I had some great sessions last week where i was running at Road America in the Vette and started with the first Rival ghost on my Friends list, then gradually moved up the list, each time earning good money and the satisfaction that they will be getting a message saying that i've just pipped thier time Smile

Mind you it can get frustrating too. I've been trying to beat a mates Evo @ Tsukuba time and following his ghost lap after lap and failing every time is soo damn irritating! B a s t a r d Mad

Would be good to set up some kind of Rivals Hotlap Records list. Not all of us are in the same club or on each others friends list so its hard to see where all the forums members are with regards to Rivals Hotlap times. Submitting times into a central timesheet or thread would be cool.

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Send out some FR's to people on the forum as well and you can see their times when you go into the LB's Smile

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by o MANIC o Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:04 pm

stikman wrote:Send out some FR's to people on the forum as well and you can see their times when you go into the LB's Smile

Exactly, or you just have to filter the boards by pressing X to get to club members. Presto there we all are.

A real quick way to get cash is to change the filter to players near me (you) then choose the guy right above you and then beat that time. Then just keep repeating this process till u cant go any faster. There is a shedload of money to be had this way.

And yes rivals mode is freaking awesome, accept that stupid 1 lap "star in a piece of shit car."

o MANIC o
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:17 am

Not really into forza car clubs and i've got a few ozfm members on my FR list already. Might be easier to start up a 'rivals' timesheet thread. I'd consider posting up a thread devoted to 'hotlap' inspired rival times (no drifting or AI involvment though boys ....)

I've used the filter function to race randoms above me in the leaderboards and it good fun i agree. Racing mates ghosts is more rewarding though, and its that feature that is soo cool.

Looking forward to having a good session this weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by lakerslegend Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:50 am

Rivals mode gets hold of EA'S Autolog ,holds it down on the ground and uses the bathroom in its mouth (Number 1's and 2's)

lakerslegend
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Whittie260 Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:59 am

A good trick I found last night was to find a car and mode that you're really good at (I was doing the monthly top gear challenge) and see how many people you can beat from a standing start without needing a flying lap. Super quick, 1 lap cash.

Then, I went to the 100k times and would JUST beat them. So, do a cracking lap and then slow right down and let then catch up so you only just beat them by a tenth or so. Then, sort by times near you and go for the guy direct above you and do it again and so forth. The trick is to increase your time by as little as possible each time so you can get lots of cash before you can't easily go any faster. The more times you can best in 1 flying lap, lap 2, the quicker it is to rake in the cash

I think I made about a mil in under 30 minutes, it was to easy.

Whittie260
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:05 pm

I just did what you are saying there Whittie, except I just went up my friends list 1 by 1.

Have spent the last couple of hours banging out laps around Suzuka in the NSX... finally got to the top of my list and placed 136 on the leaderboard.

Rivals mode is sweet, can see myself losing plenty of hours in there.
Stumbles
Stumbles
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Yeah - and it does the suggestions too.
So, I got a message suggested I try and beat Danno doing some drifting.
ok, so I give it a go and just beat him.
Then 10 minutes later it comes up and tells me he's beaten me!
arrrgh! Easy to get sucked in!

Chris (OD)
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:36 pm

i know how you feel OD, i went to beat Stu's time at the benchmark drift monthly challenge. beat him, went to check the leaderboards and he's beating me again by less than 100 points haha!
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:12 am

I don't know how you guys are feeling - an hour spent trying to catch noonga's time in the Lotus at the TG Test Track and I was still 4 seconds or so off the pace... smasher

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:54 am

I guess it's a good way to help get OZFM up the leaderboards. Smile

Chris (OD)
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:01 pm

Hope to jump on tonight and eek out a few more tenths @ Laguna Seca. Getting those little rival messages popping up does perk up the competitive spirit. And as a bonus, even if you fail to beat the rival time you still get a credit and experience bonus anyways.

Suprised to see some of my times fairly high up on the timesheets, but to be honest i've concentrated on tracks that i like. Need to get out of my comfort zone and try a few other car/track combos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:29 pm

That damn rotor nut (Ryp) Wink seems to be running ultra fast lap times in rival mode, I'm chewing up heaps of time trying to hunt him down.

Wolf seems to be popping up in the rivals a bit and I thrash a lap to the end and then wait to minimise the time gain, which makes for more credit games to be run.

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:52 pm

Rivals mode, could take all your time online if you let it.

I've had about 30 times knocked off by just about everyone on forum in the past week or two. Challenges coming up all the time, lol.

Jumped in yesterday and went on a credit grab at Hockenheim in the Audi DTM car just for the fun of it. Thats probably where Womble saw my efforts, a few otheres would have as well. Smile
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Running with others ghosts is always fun and i've enjoyed seeing the different lines guys have been taking at different tracks.

Spent most of my time in the 'hotlap rival' section with a dabble in Autocross and a silly drift effort.

Doubt i can get much more at Laguna Seca in the ole America Muscle car. Been chasing Shaun from Sim Racing Tonights ghost and failing miserably. Been a while since i've run it and will go back once i've run a few other tracks for sure.

The HKS EVO @ Tsukuba isn't really my cup of tea, love the track but the car is awful. Once i learnt that 3rd gear is your best friend rather than dropping it back into second i got reasonable results.

Road Atlanta in the LMP is an awesome combo. The downforce in that thing is ridiculous and is the closest the game comes to an F1 feel i'd imagine. Seem to be able to go alright around 90% of the circuit, but its that twisty 'S' section after the first right hander that is the make or break with this combo. Running against the top OZFM ghost really shows how well and improtant this section of track is. Bloody awesome time to chase at the top of the OZFM pile and i've been chasing the ghost for a good couple of sessions with small improvments and PB's but no hope in catching it.

The Vette @ Road America is fun. Have not spent too much time there but enjoy the track and car and hope to improve over time. Way off the pace with this one. Will definately run it some more and aim for new PB's.

Hitting Mugello in the Ferrari is a real handful. Slippery beast and the off camber turns really test the driver. Getting the steering imputs and throttle right is a constant battle for good car control. Soo much fun and i'm yet to load up he top OZFM ghost to see how its done. Might have a crack on the weekend.

Getting good credits and having good lag free fun. Good to see Womble hitting the Forza circuit too Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:27 pm

Spent a couple of good 30 lap sessions with the Ferrari 458 @ the shortened version of Mugello chasing xerocages ghost. Awesome car which is a handful to be sure. Was frustrated as i was getting a few laps up on the ghost only to stuff up the last right hand corner and either running wide and hitting the grass, or slowing too much and collecting the inside grass and shaving off way too much speed. Was happy to finally get an ok lap. Reckon a couple of tenths are out there though.

Got a few rival messages the other day. Good stuff, but ill be buggered if i'm heading out to Tsukuba in the HKS Evo again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt HELI Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:56 pm

Got my A Class 427Cobra up into 7th overall on the Rd America Trackday

'Rivals' ghost racing 981687
Lt HELI
Lt HELI
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by o MANIC o Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:15 pm

I've somehow got to find the time to get back into this. I love this mode.

o MANIC o
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:14 am

Stick just pulled out a quality lap with the 458 @ Mugello Club. Fast bugger Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down