[RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well....

Post by Envy The Best on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:28 pm

....until the wired headset socked seemed to have some issues, producing massive feedback. So i bought a wireless headset, and the wheel and headset can't bond on the same profile, making the exercise useless.

Curious to know whether anyone else has done the same thing and what they did to fix it.


Last edited by Envy The Best on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Posts : 1506
Points : 1585
Age : 25
Join date : 2010-01-17
Location : Canberra

Back to top Go down

Re: [RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well....

Post by original skin on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:37 pm

Which wheel do you have?

I use a GT2 with a MS wireless headset without any issues.

original skin
Serious Racer

Posts : 376
Points : 431
Age : 36
Join date : 2011-08-22
Location : Sydney

Back to top Go down

Re: [RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well....

Post by feralcobra on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:06 pm

Envy The Best wrote:....until the wired headset socked seemed to have some issues, producing massive feedback. So i bought a wireless headset, and the wheel and headset can't bond on the same profile, making the exercise useless.

Curious to know whether anyone else has done the same thing and what they did to fix it.
i got the 911 turbo s wheel and csr pedals before forza 4 came out so i was using it with forza 3 and had my turtle beach head set pluged into it and no problems now with forza 4 i am having the issue of my mic seems to be amplified so bad that all my mates that i race with tell me to unplug it so i am now using the wireless head set with no problems i did try the xbox head set but its so quiet i cant hear anyone. have you tried to set it up with the controler first then try it with the wheel .


cant drive  car  cant shoot  gunner  but its all good  rockon
avatar
feralcobra
World Champion

Posts : 594
Points : 656
Age : 43
Join date : 2011-08-28
Location : perth

Back to top Go down

Re: [RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well....

Post by mcrow5 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:07 pm

ive got the same wheel, with a wired headset. ive got no issues at all.
avatar
mcrow5
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Posts : 3764
Points : 3947
Join date : 2009-11-25
Location : Melbourne

Back to top Go down

Re: [RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well....

Post by feralcobra on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:20 pm

mcrow5 wrote:ive got the same wheel, with a wired headset. ive got no issues at all.
i might have to get online some time with you and compare settings


cant drive  car  cant shoot  gunner  but its all good  rockon
avatar
feralcobra
World Champion

Posts : 594
Points : 656
Age : 43
Join date : 2011-08-28
Location : perth

Back to top Go down

Re: [RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well....

Post by Envy The Best on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:34 pm

Aaaaaaaand i've fixed it. The bolt that goes beneath the headset plug must have been too tight or knocked some wires loose. Removed it, tightened the other three and its fine.

And i wasted 50 bucks for nothing....oh well...

original skin wrote:Which wheel do you have?

I use a GT2 with a MS wireless headset without any issues.

Turbo S, and if you could also answer the following question down below that would be helpful.

feralcobra wrote:
iso i am now using the wireless head set with no problems i did try the xbox head set but its so quiet i cant hear anyone. have you tried to set it up with the controler first then try it with the wheel .

How did you get the wireless headset working? It keeps assigning itself player 2, even if P2 isn't signed in or has a controller, and yes i was switching between a controller and the Turbo.
avatar
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Posts : 1506
Points : 1585
Age : 25
Join date : 2010-01-17
Location : Canberra

Back to top Go down

Re: [RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well....

Post by Dazza4610 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 pm

original skin wrote:Which wheel do you have?

I use a GT2 with a MS wireless headset without any issues.

I too have this setup, and all works fine. Did not do anything special, it just worked.

Dazza4610
.

Posts : 8264
Points : 9655
Join date : 2010-02-01
Location : QLD

Back to top Go down

Re: [RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well....

Post by Envy The Best on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:57 pm

Perhaps its a perk of the GT2 over the Turbo?
avatar
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Posts : 1506
Points : 1585
Age : 25
Join date : 2010-01-17
Location : Canberra

Back to top Go down

Re: [RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well....

Post by Dazza4610 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:59 pm

will it pair with a controller on player 1. If so set it up like that, then while the controller and headset are working together, take out the batteries of the controller and start up the wheel.


Welcome to Forza 5 - Where it is 'ok' to come 2nd or 3rd!

Dazza4610
.

Posts : 8264
Points : 9655
Join date : 2010-02-01
Location : QLD

Back to top Go down

Re: [RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well....

Post by Envy The Best on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:03 am

Dazza4610 wrote:will it pair with a controller on player 1. If so set it up like that, then while the controller and headset are working together, take out the batteries of the controller and start up the wheel.

Ok i'll give that a go, basically i just turned off the controller and turned on the wheel and expected it to work...


edit: On another note...
http://www.fanatecwheel.com/news/inverted-csp-mount-playseats-now-available

...that looks interesting, pity it won't fit on the frame...


Last edited by Envy The Best on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Posts : 1506
Points : 1585
Age : 25
Join date : 2010-01-17
Location : Canberra

Back to top Go down

Re: [RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well....

Post by Dazza4610 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:04 am

Pull the batteries out of the controller, do not turn it off the normal way holding the guide button.


Welcome to Forza 5 - Where it is 'ok' to come 2nd or 3rd!

Dazza4610
.

Posts : 8264
Points : 9655
Join date : 2010-02-01
Location : QLD

Back to top Go down

Re: [RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well....

Post by feralcobra on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:04 pm

Envy The Best wrote:Aaaaaaaand i've fixed it. The bolt that goes beneath the headset plug must have been too tight or knocked some wires loose. Removed it, tightened the other three and its fine.

And i wasted 50 bucks for nothing....oh well...

original skin wrote:Which wheel do you have?

I use a GT2 with a MS wireless headset without any issues.

Turbo S, and if you could also answer the following question down below that would be helpful.

feralcobra wrote:
iso i am now using the wireless head set with no problems i did try the xbox head set but its so quiet i cant hear anyone. have you tried to set it up with the controler first then try it with the wheel .

How did you get the wireless headset working? It keeps assigning itself player 2, even if P2 isn't signed in or has a controller, and yes i was switching between a controller and the Turbo.

i just turned my head set on and it worked i have now taken back my 911 wheel to jb hgi fi as half way through a race the up shift paddle would stop working so i would have to pull over to the side turn it off and restart then all good till the next time 1 or 2 laps later was shitting me so i am hoping this has fixed my issue with the turttle beach head set Sad


cant drive  car  cant shoot  gunner  but its all good  rockon
avatar
feralcobra
World Champion

Posts : 594
Points : 656
Age : 43
Join date : 2011-08-28
Location : perth

Back to top Go down

Re: [RESOLVED]The wheel was all good and well....

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum