OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steering Wheel stetups. Show us yours!!!!

+13
fisho1966
anon666
Sleuth 101
XYvSTUvYX
Lt HELI
mcrow5
Arckon
iWolf
OctarineDream
TEEROY 34
LATENT IMAGE
RU four 86
Mitch
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Steering Wheel stetups. Show us yours!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Steering Wheel stetups. Show us yours!!!!

Post by OctarineDream Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:22 pm

Nice work. Good and solid. Just missing the drink holder!
Chris (OD)

OctarineDream
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Steering Wheel stetups. Show us yours!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Steering Wheel stetups. Show us yours!!!!

Post by fisho1966 Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:20 am

Thx...series 2 will have a stubby holder..

fisho1966
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:12 pm

Nice setup fisho....

Well after the last week of waiting for my Fanatec wheel, where I have had it imprinted in my brain that it arrives on the 20th of June.......well I just re-read the purchase details where it states it the fckn 20th of July!!!

Shiiiiiiiit!
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:20 pm

Mitch, even I knew it was coming in July, and I'm not getting one! Laughing
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:33 pm

yeah so did I, but I still had June in my head......
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:27 pm

Just curious, are the xbox steering wheels THAT bad?? After seeing what rigs you guys have come up with, im starting to feel the urge to make one myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:30 pm

Well, it's a bit like the xbox itself.
Some of my friends have had plenty of probs with the RRoD. Some haven't.
The wheel definitely has issues.
Occasionally I get a complete loss of force feedback (try and drive the V8 when the steering wheel is just floating in your hands), or a sudden pull to one side or the other which waits until the next corner to go away. For some it doens't go away unless they disconnect/reconnect the wheel.
Another occasional fault is seemingly random pressing of buttons. Driving down the straight flat out - suddenly drop down 2 gears, and drop out to the menu. Excellent. This has only happened a few times for me.
So, there are faults, but at the moment what else is there?
From what I've heard on this forum, the wheel is no longer on the market (it's not on the xbox website anymore). But a new one will turn up soon (improved perhaps?).
Chris
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:38 pm

Its done the job for a while now, but when you look at other well known Wheel simulators that can be used on PC and PS3, like Logitech and Fanatec for eg, the MS Wheel is old and outdated. And the MS Wheel is the the best choice out of only 2 wheels usable on the Xbox 360 (The Logitech version is just as old, and lacks everything typical about any Logitech product: well built, well priced, near-flawless)

MS wheel I find:
> lacks vibration or feedback from pedals....
> lacks a clutch pedal....
> wheel has decent weight but still craves more feedback
> SO MANY FCKN GLITCHES!!! (where it cuts out, randomly hits buttons even though you never touched a button, wheel automatically locks in one direction making you have to muscle the wheel to keep it straight)
> A gearlever of soughts (6+1 or sequential shifter would be choice) but you would have to spend $300 + anyway to get a shifter on any Wheel that has one included.....so call it a greedy request over a flaw.

But I reckon the MS Wheel is probably one of the best looking wheels available.....it looks cool, with a flat bottom wheel that resembles an Audi somewhat, and the silver surround with the 6 studs that surround the Xbox button in the middle of the wheel finishes it off nicely. The paddle shifters are well located and sized and has a decent feel to them too....

What MS need to do is have 2 versions of the wheel. A base model wheel similar features to the current version (although with a software and hardware update, RRP $150-ish). And then a upmarket model with your clutch and shifter of soughts, call it a RRP of $300 and it would seem buy-able. For those who cant fork out for a $750 Fanatec wheel may see the upmarket model a decent purchase, and the missus will only make you sleep on the lounge as opposed to kicking you out altogether...... Thank christ im single at the moment then.....LOL

Mitch

PS: Microsoft is not currently making the current version of the MS Wheel at the moment, but there is word of realeasing a MS Wheel in batches (whether its the existing or minor/major updated version is unknown). So there are slim chances of finding the current wheel brand-new in-store. But if you go 2nd hand, make sure it was built within the last 18-24 months as there was a "minor" software update around that time. The earlier version experienced more glitches than the currrent one, but still looked the same.
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:01 pm

Hmmm, i might have a looksie tomorrow, there might be new old stock still in some stores, that being the case would prolly be cheap too, ill see how i go, im a metal fabricator by trade and im always keen for a lil something to work on at home and i picked up a spare pair of bucket seats last weekend so yeah will let you know if anything eventuates Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:02 am

My MS wheel is awesome, have had probs but taken back to orig place of purchase, easy exchange with invoice,...hey with the amount of use it gets anything would.
i think they are use to the returns.
PS i still see them here in WA if anyones chasing one maybe worth looking here.
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:32 am

I've been using the M$ wheel for 18 months and agree with OD and Mitchs comments.
Its far from perfect and its a full sized pain when a wheel glitch interferes with your racing, especially online. Doesn't happen that often, but it does happen.

Regardless of the problems, IMO a wheel is the best way to drive a race game. No comparison using the controller.

I'm on my second wheel, the 1st lasted nearly 12 months, still worked and only had the force feedback glitch. I got it replaced under warranty and the replacement has all the "features" the boys have described. Should have kept the original.

Despite the problems with the M$ wheel I'll keep using it until something better and affordable comes along.
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:05 pm

As far as experiencing proper simulation with FM3, nothing beats using a wheel. Until my Fanatec arrives, its just a shame that there is poor choice for the Xbox 360.

The force feedback coding is different to that on PS and PC, hence the lack range. Seems weird when the parent company of Xbox is Microsoft, and why the coding is different to at least PC. And Microsoft has not allowed anyone else to adapt to this coding, apart from of course, Fanatec of recent times.
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by fisho1966 Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:34 pm

I have only been using the wheel for a few days and really enjoy it, especially the force feed back you get when the wheel is plugged into the wall.

Microsoft may be thinking that the new "kinect" will reduce the demand for wheels in the future???

fisho1966
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:47 pm

using the kinect for a wheel I dont think will be any good because there wont be any force feedback and it just wont feel realistic at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:16 pm

Tha Killa Kid wrote:using the kinect for a wheel I dont think will be any good because there wont be any force feedback and it just wont feel realistic at all.

hehe, what's un-realistic about sitting on the couch with your arms out-stretched grabbing thin air, and basically waving at your TV screen... Steering Wheel stetups. Show us yours!!!! - Page 4 2qtg2zn

Hmm, Guess you're right, don't think it will catch on.
Stumbles
Stumbles
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gud 0l stoner Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:52 pm

heres my setup, seat is reclinable, and plenty of room for laptop etc whislt waiting for forza to load
Steering Wheel stetups. Show us yours!!!! - Page 4 018-2

gud 0l stoner
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:18 pm

its just your PJ's and the warm milk on the desk Im worried about,
past your bed time was it.. roller

sorry m8

welcome to OZFM

RU

RU four 86
RU four 86

Back to top Go down

Post by gud 0l stoner Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:38 pm

lmao, was trying to pick it for a bit, kids towel and my coffee, this ma mate having a go, did notice a towel over the xbox, my way trying to get red rings for a new one!!!

all good to have a laugh mate!! no probs

gud 0l stoner
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:28 pm

here's my set up....when I can be bothered using the wheel

47" LED TV......car seat out of a kia carnival (don't laugh...there comfy)

and yes the matrix cup is screwed on to hold my beer. made the frame out of an old mirror stand. The pedal stand and wheel stand are seperate for easy in and out of seat and adjustment for my mate who is a giant

Steering Wheel stetups. Show us yours!!!! - Page 4 00410

and my view ....lovin' the new 47" TV
Steering Wheel stetups. Show us yours!!!! - Page 4 00810
mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Stylz Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:43 am

Nice setup there danno Wink Nice lookn livery on the car also Wink
Don Stylz
Don Stylz
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:41 pm

livery was originally OD's....I was playing around with it
mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Stylz Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:23 pm

Looks good Wink
Don Stylz
Don Stylz
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4