OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Fanatec is almost here.

+11
FrankTank
gud 0l stoner
Don Stylz
OctarineDream
Dazza4610
Mitch
RU four 86
iWolf
Arckon
okrad
crimson eagle73
15 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

New Fanatec is almost here. Empty New Fanatec is almost here.

Post by crimson eagle73 Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:18 pm

Here is from the site.
http://simparts.co.nz/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=17&cntnt01origid=67&cntnt01returnid=63

Fanatec have released a new Multiplatform wheel that supports on PC, PS3 and xBox 360, the Porsche 911 GT2 wheel and it will be available from Simparts in the New Year
Fanatec have released a new Multiplatform wheel that supports PC, PS3 and xBox 360, the Porsche 911 GT2 wheel and it will be available from Simparts in the New Year

This new wheels have been ordered and Fanatec are expecting to be able to fill our order for them in January. This will mean that they shoull arrive here in February to be shipped out to customers.

If you are interested in one let us know as soon as you can as we will be taking pre orders for these wheels along with some combo packages as well that will include the Wheel, Clubsport pedals and the shifter set.

Save up your cash boys. I know I will be.
I do not see any issues getting them either As they are not limited edition and most of the hardcore racers jumped and got the first edition of the wheel.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

New Fanatec is almost here. Empty Re: New Fanatec is almost here.

Post by okrad Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:42 pm

Hopefully it's reasonably priced. Would be good to have a quality wheel+pedals I can use on the Xbox *or* PC.
okrad
okrad
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:43 pm

Yeah Okrad, the previous $700 - $800 AU for the Turbo S package is what has always put me off and I reckon this combo will be similarly priced.

It is what made me decide a couple of months ago to go the G27 route and start buying all my racing games on the PS3. F1 and GT5 aren't bad starting points. Pity I don't have a PC capable of running alot of the newer racing games coming out.

When Forza 4 comes out I will just have to put up with my crappy Axial rumble no true force feedback from the Logitech Drive FX I have used all this time on Forza 3, although for the $80 it cost me it is far better than a lot of the other wheel options out there for the xbox.

Arckon
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:29 pm

I thinking it will be about $100 cheaper. They are selling the Turbo S wheels for about $350 US and the other ones about $100 cheaper. $250 US.
The wheel should be cheaper for us also. I'm guessing around $600 or so for the complete package.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:17 pm

I was wrong... pre-order price is $799 and it's available in April 2011.
I'm ordering after I get clarification on the deposit required.

http://www.pagnianimports.com.au/shop/product_info.php?products_id=56

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by okrad Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:12 pm

The shifter set is a bit of a rip. I just want the wheel and pedals. I don't care if I only have paddle shift.

Let us know what they say, if it's not here until April I would most likely have the difference by then depending what the deposit costs.
okrad
okrad
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:55 am

Just pre ordered. For all pre-orders they are throwing in a wireless dongle to use with a ps3 PC. They require the full amount before you can secure your items for April delivery. Bit of a bummer really. Means a little bit extra credit card interest. But if you really want one then this is the only way to secure them for sure

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:11 am

WoooHooo, Pre-ordered mine too, about 1/2 hour ago.
I will now question my sanity for a very short time scratch Suspect
Ok, I'm over it. driver Smile Smile Smile Wink
iWolf
iWolf
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:13 am

lol I gotta keep the wife from the credit card statement lol

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:18 am

crimson eagle73 wrote:lol I gotta keep the wife from the credit card statement lol

Wish you luck with that Laughing
I'll be ok, got a clearance from my wife on account of a big birthday coming up soon.
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:38 pm

iWolf wrote:
crimson eagle73 wrote:lol I gotta keep the wife from the credit card statement lol

Wish you luck with that Laughing
I'll be ok, got a clearance from my wife on account of a big birthday coming up soon.

yah, splurge out ya old Razz its not every year you turn 100!

whats my exuse, eric

April 11, well Ill have plenty of time to think of a good one hehe

RU needs a clutch

RU four 86
RU four 86

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:43 pm

I already have permission. We give each other pocket money and she lets me have what I want with it but she has no idea I have already paid for it hehe
Twas the only way. At least I'll get a decent price for my m$ wheel because M$ are too stupid to let anyone else put out a decent wheel. driver

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:05 pm

RU four 86 wrote:

yah, splurge out ya old Razz its not every year you turn 100!

RU needs a clutch

maybe it should be iWolf5100 then.

And thats right theres a clutch pedal, no more stupid button. WOOT
And deciding which shifter set to use, paddles, sequential or HH pattern.
Oooooh, decisions decisions. Ah well we've got till April to decide. eric
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:21 pm

Well its such a shame that u poor folk will have to wait until april for a fanatec wheel to arrive.....when I just packed my fanatec 911 Turbo wheel away there for a little while. I feels for ya's!

And BTW:
you get the whole kit. As Australia is not an official importer of the fanatec range (where u can specify what u want or dont want) the company that does bring them in only buys the only type u can currently use on xbox - 911 Turbo. Good setup too.....but my wheel setup is only tempary which doesnt do it any favours as far as getting the most out of it (pedals move around a bit....have to drop the weight/feedback on the wheel cos the clamp doesnt hold onto it when both are cranked to 100%). I dont have the space to setup anything fixed.
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:37 am

Mitch wrote:Well its such a shame that u poor folk will have to wait until april for a fanatec wheel to arrive.....when I just packed my fanatec 911 Turbo wheel away there for a little while. I feels for ya's!

And BTW:
you get the whole kit. As Australia is not an official importer of the fanatec range (where u can specify what u want or dont want) the company that does bring them in only buys the only type u can currently use on xbox - 911 Turbo. Good setup too.....but my wheel setup is only tempary which doesnt do it any favours as far as getting the most out of it (pedals move around a bit....have to drop the weight/feedback on the wheel cos the clamp doesnt hold onto it when both are cranked to 100%). I dont have the space to setup anything fixed.

Lol, Mitch you're right about the pain of having to wait, I remember you had to do that with yours as well.

On the other stuff, happy to say the times have changed.

The 911 Turbo S that you have is no longer available, it was limited edition.
the local guy sold out ages ago. The fanatec site still lists it as available but if you try to buy one it doesn't show up in the list of wheels you can select. Suspect

The wheel we're getting is the new GT2 wheel, its Xbox360, PC and PS3 compatible, effectively replacing the Turbo S wheel. But the GT2 wheel is apparently not a limited edition.

The local importer is offering the wheel alone or in a clubsport kit that has all the bits.
Shifters and clubsport pedals are also available separately.

I think all of us talking about getting the GT2 wheel (so far) have gone for the clubsport kit.

Link to fanatec site here
And the local bloke here

cheers
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:40 am

Hi Mitch, long time no see.

I wonder if they have changed anything in the new GT2 wheel from the turbo s. The second generation of just about any consumer product is better than the first. I know they say the electrics are unchanged, but I wonder if they tweaked the design a little based off the feedback gotten with the other wheel.

I could not imagine paying $800 for a wheel and then not mounting it on something fixed. I will be making a wooden table mount especially for it and the peddles and connecting it to my race chair (bucket seat off an old Torana on a chipboard base lol), but it will still be able to be taken down quite easily if need be.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:45 am

I grabbed one of these for my MS wheel.

http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=220&lang=en

Great stand, nice and solid. Just stick it in the corner when not in use.

PS: still does not make me drive any better though Sad

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:44 pm

Hey Crimson - hows it going?

Just had a read of the spec of the GT2 wheel and the Turbo S wheel and differences are only appearance. The GT2 wheel has the same hardware as the Turbo - full adjustability of the force feedback and weight, drift option, belt-drive motors, 900 degree rotation ect. But the GT2 wheel materials and design are identical to that of the GT3 wheel - hardcore racer design with sporty orange pinstripes and wrapped in alcantara. The Turbo S is full luxury with different button design and wrapped in leather (and is stitched together by hand)

In reality - what the wheels are worth should be the same. But the $AUD currency will dictate what you will pay in the end.
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:10 pm

I've read a few bad stories online about the standard peddles from fanatec. That's why I wanted to get the club sport ones even though it makes the wheel really really expensive. Can't wait to be tearing up Bathurst or SPA on NFS shift 2 on this thing. And them cometh Forza 4. I'm already dreaming.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:41 pm

haha!

lol ill just say that if ur planning on spending $800 on a wheel - you may as well get the best from the start!

(off the topic -re: crimson dreaming of FM4 and bathurst ect) )but lets just hope that T10 have finally recognised the demand for some australian circuits in FM4. Also - less emphasis on leaderboard stuff too. Local/friends LB are allright - but give the LB-craving wankers less to rave on about. Cos most of us in the real world couldnt give a shit. (lol got that of my chest!)
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:39 pm

Dazza4610 wrote:I grabbed one of these for my MS wheel.

http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=220&lang=en

Great stand, nice and solid. Just stick it in the corner when not in use.

PS: still does not make me drive any better though Sad

Looks good - cept I tend to prefer the steering wheel closer to me that that would allow. Where did you get it? (It's not on the pagani website).

Chris (OD)
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:48 pm

https://ozfm.darkbb.com/t1581-fanatec-turbo-s-wheel-and-clubsport-pedals-for-sale

Here you guys - read all about it here. Im selling my wheel.
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:03 pm

New Fanatec is Almost Here

Um, no its not...

So, all you eager FM3 players who put down your hard earned to pre-order a Fanatec GT2 wheel. We have some good news and some bad news.

The bad news is: The Fanatec shipments of GT2 wheels to the AUS distributor and the NZ distributor have been put back due to delays at the manufacturer end. Expected delivery is now May 2011. Sad
(I confirmed this by private email with the local guy, you can visit their respective webshops and confirm for yourselves)

The good news is: Expected delivery is now May 2011. It could be worse, lets hope it doesn't drag on any longer than that. Sad

Having read about delays in previous releases of Fanatec gear I was aware there could be delays in the product hitting the shelves. Unfortunately that doesn't lessen the disappointment of having it happen. The salvation of this deal will be when using the product makes it worth the wait.

New Fanatec is almost here. 981687or New Fanatec is almost here. 439650
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Stylz Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:39 pm

my 2c worth.. if you are looking at spending a bit of a packet on a fanatec wheel.. i cetrianly would suggest the clubsport pedals.. Buy the look and feel of them.. they are more robust then my actual pedals in my real car.. totally worth the buy..
Don Stylz
Don Stylz
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:58 pm

Don Stylz wrote:my 2c worth.. if you are looking at spending a bit of a packet on a fanatec wheel.. i cetrianly would suggest the clubsport pedals.. Buy the look and feel of them.. they are more robust then my actual pedals in my real car.. totally worth the buy..

Thanks mate,

I've ordered the GT2 clubsport package which includes the clubsport pedal set.
A couple of the other guys have as well.
Its just a matter of waiting untill they get here.
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next